Jimmy Brumbough: Hired as New Dlinemen Coach

toddc

3 hours ago, cole256 said:

It's some of the best stuff I've ever eaten. It's in a fried bread shell, sprinkled with powdered sugar and drizzled with caramel. Topped with pecans and whipped cream. 

It's amazing

I had some last Saturday. It was fantastic 

• Like 2

14 hours ago, Eagle-1 said:

Yeah man, I've gotten to the point that I hate to click on a thread. I have never seen so many whiny grown men in my life. No wonder the divorce rate is what it is in this country. No female I know likes whiny men.

Ignore Users App is your friend. Since I've started using it, has made my enjoyment of this sight a ton better.

• Thanks 1

14 hours ago, Eagle-1 said:

Yeah man, I've gotten to the point that I hate to click on a thread. I have never seen so many whiny grown men in my life. No wonder the divorce rate is what it is in this country. No female I know likes whiny men.

My experience is that this is not a gender specific trait. It’s more of a personality driven enigma.

22 minutes ago, EagleEye67 said:

To have been fired by the likes of Jeremy Pruitt does not inspire confidence

Remember that was in the midst of a massive scandal that Brumbaugh did not participate in.   A reason to be optimistic (also see Golf's post above) no one is going to outwork Jimmy.   He needs to succeed (1) for his career and (2) because this is the place he loves.

• Like 3

23 minutes ago, EagleEye67 said:

I would consider that a batch of courage Pruitt is a a hole who had develop a toxic culture he did not even interview Jimmy when he was hired. JB and Pruitt had a confrontation on the sideline during a game which resulted in JB termination. What I would say is JB did not show good judgement in taking the UT job with Pruitt as HC. Pruitt was a disaster as a HC

• Like 4
  • Thanks 3

27 minutes ago, augolf1716 said:

I would consider that a batch of courage Pruitt is a a hole who had develop a toxic culture he did not even interview Jimmy when he was hired. JB and Pruitt had a confrontation on the sideline during a game which resulted in JB termination. What I would say is JB did not show good judgement in taking the UT job with Pruitt as HC. Pruitt was a disaster as a HC

Question for you Golf: 

Not trying to be doom and groom but a legitimate question. Especially cause some of my Vols friends are trying to compare what’s happening with CBH to their experience with Butch and CBH’s personality to Pruitt. 

Is knowing a coach being a disaster a hindsight is 20/20 type of thing? Or are there red flags that pop up that can point this way.

FYI: FWIW, I have a 50/50 opinion on CBH, but mostly in the school of letting him do his thing for the next 3-4 years to build his program the way he wants to. 

47 minutes ago, augolf1716 said:

I was thinking the same thing.  Pruitt was not a good coach and anybody that didn’t get along with him, must be an alright coach.  It does seem odd Pruitt didn’t interview Jimmy.  That surely is a red flag and thinking back, Jimmy probably learned from that.

On 1/21/2022 at 10:37 AM, Tigerpro2a said:

Oh lighten up, buttercup. Dig the cob out of your rump and carry on complaining with the rest of us!

You resort to namecalling and tell me to lighten up just because I posted something you don't like? I never directed anything to you at all. You're the one who showed your true colors and acted like an ass. Obviously got butthurt because my post apparently applied to you.  You sound like a preteen. Ignored user.

Edited by boisnumber1
  • Haha 1

On 1/22/2022 at 10:29 AM, EagleEye67 said:

To be fair Brumbaugh was dealt a raw deal at UT and if there was a coach on that staff that SHOULD have been fired due to poor performance it was Will Friend….but he seemed to benefit from nepotism. 

3 hours ago, boisnumber1 said:

You resort to namecalling and tell me to lighten up just because I posted something you don't like? I never directed anything to you at all. You're the one who showed your true colors and acted like an ass. Obviously got butthurt because my post apparently applied to you.  You sound like a preteen. Ignored user.

Never directed anything at me? You replied to me, directly lol.

Name Calling? I never called you a name..."toughen up, buttercup"....it's a figure of speech. 

You say I sound like a preteen, but yet here you are going off about a joke and making a big ordeal about nothing....Pot meet kettle.

I hope you did ignore me...one less poster that can't take a joke.

On 1/22/2022 at 10:29 AM, EagleEye67 said:

Or it could be the opposite. Nobody ever accused Pruitt of being the sharpest knife in the drawer

On 1/23/2022 at 11:17 AM, AEAugirl said:

To be fair Brumbaugh was dealt a raw deal at UT and if there was a coach on that staff that SHOULD have been fired due to poor performance it was Will Friend….but he seemed to benefit from nepotism. 

Yet we hired Friend, too :dunno:

1 hour ago, Hank2020 said:

Was Friend related to someone at Tennessee?

Really good friends with Pruitt.  They played at Bama together.  

1 hour ago, EagleEye67 said:

Yet we hired Friend, too :dunno:

Yep, and IMO it was a dumb hire.  I think it was more for his recruiting than actual coaching abilities.  …and he’s not exactly lighting it up in recruiting.  I wish Harsin would replace him. 

17 hours ago, AEAugirl said:

Yep, and IMO it was a dumb hire.  I think it was more for his recruiting than actual coaching abilities.  …and he’s not exactly lighting it up in recruiting.  I wish Harsin would replace him. 

Im hoping its just bc we are still recruiting for 2022, and the final Signing date in Feb, that he will wait to let him go.

I don't see him keeping him during the spring coaching sessions, but maybe he likes his coaching. 

18 hours ago, AEAugirl said:

Can you imagine the melt down some of these armchair coaches would have with that one?

58 minutes ago, CCTAU said:

Can you imagine the melt down some of these armchair coaches would have with that one?

Over replacing Will Friend?

I can think of exactly 0 people who would have the first problem with that. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, McLoofus said:

Over replacing Will Friend?

I can think of exactly 0 people who would have the first problem with that. 

One move that would actually unite the board. 

• Thanks 1