Jimmy Brumbough: Hired as New Dlinemen Coach

toddc

Geez, and here I thought there was hope in 2022 bc of what was happening on the D side. What an underwhelming hire. I was on board with NFL coaches waiting to get knocked out of the playoffs.  This may explain some of the recent portal movement too.

I think Harsin has increased the temp of his seat.  Feels unnecessary, but whatever

• Like 3

7 minutes ago, AUGoo said:

Welcome home Jimmy!!!:bananadance:

Look Pal. This kind of positivity is not allowed...

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 5

1 minute ago, Ausburn2 said:

We have had Tracy Rocker twice.

Really weird…this is the 4th AU player we’ve hired at that position since the Chiz era?

41 minutes ago, autiger88 said:

drink-that70s-show.gif

Have what Red had, you’ll feel like way better 

image.gif.4d47eb2ad42ae70636c0fecba347d3ca.gif

• Haha 1

Yo

1 minute ago, AUDevil said:

Really weird…this is the 4th AU player we’ve hired at that position since the Chiz era?

You could knock both of Jimmy's knees out from underneath and he would play on.  Wouldn't count him out.

• Like 1
  • Love 1

7 minutes ago, Ausburn2 said:

We have had Tracy Rocker twice.

Really difficult to entice good NFL line coaches away. No recruiting which means lots of travel. Rocker stayed as long as it took for him to get back to NFL.

• Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, AUDevil said:

AU Alum we've hired for on field positions in the last 20 years:

DL: Pelton, Rocker, Garner, Brumbaugh

WR: Burns

RB: Cadillac

LB: TWill, Willis

DB: Etheredge, TRob

Am I missing anyone?

He came in when Kentucky was down and helped turn Kentucky around. He put three players in NFL which means he can develop players and if he was at Kentucky for three years and I am assuming he helped recruit these players. That part makes me think this is a good hire. The amount of teams he has coached in this time frame also is a bit of a red flag. It will take a year for me to say bad hire, OK hire, or a great hire. 

Good hire or great hire will need a few things.

1. Stop loss of wanted players on D-Line to the Portal.

2. How the D-Line performs next year

3. Pull in some very good D-Line in 2023 class. Which has some really good players that we are currently talking to.

I am not going to say Sky is falling with this hire or that this was a homerun hire at this time. I need to see how it plays out over next year. I am happy he has Auburn roots but when it comes to a coach that is great to have but to me if you have two equal candidates that could help me make final decision but if other candidate is better then I want the better candidate.

• Like 2

29 minutes ago, Hank2020 said:

Actually it is literally Auburn/Bama!!

Literally in the 2020 season both Friend and Brumbough we coaching the lines at Tennessee. 

Ya'll can call me what you will, but I am highly disappointed. Nothing against JB, but there is nothing there to make me get the warm fuzzies, either.

With the DL class in 2023 we needed a homerun hire and I just don't think this is it.

We needed a proven recruiter. I really hope C-Rob can carry some weight on this one somehow. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

3 minutes ago, JerryAU said:

Literally in the 2020 season both Friend and Brumbough we coaching the lines at Tennessee. 

From what it sounds like. He’s a good coach for development, piss poor recruiter. From his stops at Syracuse/UK/Maryland/UT

Difference is Friend had been there three years, and Brumbaugh only got to coach in 4 games before Pruitt canned him….and honestly the defensive line was NOT Tennessee’s issue but their offensive line was hot flaming garbage. 

5 minutes ago, JerryAU said:

Just now, Taco said:

From what it sounds like. He’s a good coach for development, piss poor recruiter. From his stops at Syracuse/UK/Maryland/UT

Which I would argue is the opposite of what we needed. Our DL has been doing just fine development wise, we need recruiters. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, JerryAU said:

I understood. Neither originated there, just passed through. I thought yours (comment) was meant to be a ding at both. I was just trying to counter that with where they played.

This forum has become a joke. Lot on here obviously have no life outside of whining and complaining and melting down at every turn. I'm rethinking my dismissiveness of the "AU fans negatively affect recruiting" thing.

Edited by boisnumber1
  • Like 6
  • Thanks 1
  • Love 1

Just now, boisnumber1 said:

This forum has become a joke. Lot on here obviously have no life outside of whining and complaining and melting down at every turn.

Yet here you are, complaining and whining about the complaining and whining LMAO

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 3
  • Facepalm 1

1 minute ago, Tigerpro2a said:

Yet here you are, complaining and whining about the complaining and whining LMAO

That's an original retort. Must have taken you a long time to come up with it. Not surprised you can't see the difference between the two.

• Thanks 1