Jimmy Brumbough: Hired as New Dlinemen Coach

toddc

11 minutes ago, TheDanoC said:

Whatever happened at Tenn should be given a pass since Beldar was the coach. That issue is a big nothing burger. 

Could be as simple as Brumbaugh wasn’t a McDonald’s fan.

Edited by Hank2020
Spelling
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2

One of my favorite players.....I will give him a hearty welcome back and not judge him until we actually see the product on the field and what he does when he gets on the recruiting trail.    I am sure he has more incentive to succeed than people without Auburn ties.  

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Tigerpro2a said:

IIRC he was fired immediately following UT's loss to UK. I don't keep up with them enough to know how they performed prior to and following said dismissal, though.

Defensive line was the LEAST of UT’s problems.  It was their offense, specifically QB and the Oline….which that coach was Will Friend.  

Its almost like Brumbaugh was made a scapegoat, and Pruitt said they were not a “philosophical” fit.  Pruitt also did not even interview Brumbaugh (or anyone else for that matter) when he hired him to replace Rocker.   

Friend and Pruitt also played together at Bama and have been friends for a LONG time. 

• Thanks 1

52 minutes ago, AEAugirl said:

Defensive line was the LEAST of UT’s problems.  It was their offense, specifically QB and the Oline….which that coach was Will Friend.  

Its almost like Brumbaugh was made a scapegoat, and Pruitt said they were not a “philosophical” fit.  Pruitt also did not even interview Brumbaugh (or anyone else for that matter) when he hired him to replace Rocker.   

Friend and Pruitt also played together at Bama and have been friends for a LONG time. 

Yea I would agree with this as well. In my best recollection, it was the "heralded" Offensive line with multiple 4 and 5 star guys that were the biggest problems.

Jimmy is here to develop guys.  he is a better recruiter than what some give him credit for that is for sure.  He now should have the easiest of times recruiting for the place that he loves and made him who he is.

Those philosophical differences with Pruitt should be seen as a positive.  Jimmy had philosophical difference with the s*** show that Pruitt had created.

• Like 1
  • Love 1
  • Haha 2

4 hours ago, JerryAU said:

Cloudy skies in my opinion because Auburn is literally Tennessee on both lines.  🤢

I see us as Tennessee when Pruitt was there.....ugh

• Facepalm 1

Most of the Auburn men we’ve brought back to coach have worked out pretty well lately, so I’m good with it for now!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

5 hours ago, augolf1716 said:

Agreed..should also add not overwhelmed with the hire love watching him play but not sold on his recruiting. But who the hell knows he may be just what we need.

When will we hear Mason has officially left? Or is it not gonna be announced and he just shows up in press box at Okie St games wearing a cowboy hat and orange and black chaps

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Loved JB as a player, and was excited when he got his first coaching gig.  Thought that it would be great if he one day came home to Auburn.  

However, following his coaching career for years, it has not been one of a guy excelling at his craft.  He has been shown the door more often than not.  This will most definitely be used to recruit against us.  Even my strongest pair of O&B glasses on, this isn’t a good hire.  This points to no one else seriously considered the DL job. 

We are getting hammered in the media and now will be hammered even more on the recruiting trail.  Mason and Eason leaving isn’t an easy thing to explain to top recruits that were considering us because of them.   Just on résumé’s alone, which is huge in getting kids interested in your program, this is not a win for Auburn.  Also, the things that have been rumored, stuff I posted about a month or so ago, is now going to be used as gospel.  Time will tell, but Harsin’s rebuild is getting tougher by the day.  

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, NWALA Tiger said:

When will we hear Mason has officially left? Or is it not gonna be announced and he just shows up in press box at Okie St games wearing a cowboy hat and orange and black chaps

It’s already being officially reported.  Just waiting on PC from Okie State

2 minutes ago, USATiger said:

Loved JB as a player, and was excited when he got his first coaching gig.  Thought that it would be great if he one day came home to Auburn.  

However, following his coaching career for years, it has not been one of a guy excelling at his craft.  He has been shown the door more often than not.  This will most definitely be used to recruit against us.  Even my strongest pair of O&B glasses on, this isn’t a good hire.  This points to no one else seriously considered the DL job. 

We are getting hammered in the media and now will be hammered even more on the recruiting trail.  Mason and Eason leaving isn’t an easy thing to explain to top recruits that were considering us because of them.   Just on résumé’s alone, which is huge in getting kids interested in your program, this is not a win for Auburn.  Also, the things that have been rumored, stuff I posted about a month or so ago, is now going to be used as gospel.  Time will tell, but Harsin’s rebuild is getting tougher by the day.  

What was the stuff u posted a month ago?

58 minutes ago, USATiger said:

If you think about who fired him, and where those guys are now, it makes you feel a little better about it. It did for me, at least. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, AUBwins said:

Holy crap that sounds delicious. Never heard of a fried banana pudding. 

It's some of the best stuff I've ever eaten. It's in a fried bread shell, sprinkled with powdered sugar and drizzled with caramel. Topped with pecans and whipped cream. 

It's amazing

• Like 1
  • Love 1

48 minutes ago, cole256 said:

It's some of the best stuff I've ever eaten. It's in a fried bread shell, sprinkled with powdered sugar and drizzled with caramel. Topped with pecans and whipped cream. 

It's amazing

I started looking up recipes for it after this lol

27 minutes ago, AUBwins said:

I started looking up recipes for it after this lol

When I moved to Texas I told some of my co workers about it and we all did the same lol

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, NES said:

Auburn fan living in Kentucky, Jimmy did a helluva job at UK for a number of years. He’s a very good teacher. No flash no splash hard work the Auburn way. Let’s go Coach Harsin. Auburn fam can we ever be all in for our team whoever’s coaching?

I'm always all in 100% for the players. They deserve coaching stability. For the last 2 years it's been a mess.....COVID and then all this coaching upheaval. Things just don't seem right at the moment. We all want Harsin to succeed. I want that more than anything for these hard working kids who came to Auburn.

• Like 4

8 hours ago, boisnumber1 said:

This forum has become a joke. Lot on here obviously have no life outside of whining and complaining and melting down at every turn. I'm rethinking my dismissiveness of the "AU fans negatively affect recruiting" thing.

Yeah man, I've gotten to the point that I hate to click on a thread. I have never seen so many whiny grown men in my life. No wonder the divorce rate is what it is in this country. No female I know likes whiny men.

• Like 2

Just now, Eagle-1 said:

Yeah man, I've gotten to the point that I hate to click on a thread. I have never seen so many whiny grown men in my life. No wonder the divorce rate is what it is in this country. No female I know likes whiny men.

How you know their men? Asking for a friend.