A Positive Outlook

LPTiger

I’m always an optimist except when it becomes obvious that optimism is being delusional.

I’m not there yet concerning the team, so I’m optimistic. 

Its just to early to tell if Harsin will turn it around or flame out. 
If he flames out, we fire him and start over..

Edited by Bro Johnny Mac
  • Like 3

51 minutes ago, Bro Johnny Mac said:

I’m always an optimist except when it becomes obvious that optimism is being delusional.

It's really simple... We are Auburn ... Harsin will have this yr and next to get it done. If he doesn't,  he will be gone and we will try someone else for 2 or 3 years...That's what Auburn does... I hope he succeeds BTW..

• Like 1

So funny. I just clicked over to post the below tweet in an effort to give folks a quick break from the football misery. I'm definitely not trying to pretend that things are better than they look with the football program, or that we're suddenly a non-revenue sport school, etc... but it would be a shame not to appreciate what's good at Auburn right now. To hell with rival fans. This is awesome.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Love 3

11 hours ago, McLoofus said:

So funny. I just clicked over to post the below tweet in an effort to give folks a quick break from the football misery. I'm definitely not trying to pretend that things are better than they look with the football program, or that we're suddenly a non-revenue sport school, etc... but it would be a shame not to appreciate what's good at Auburn right now. To hell with rival fans. This is awesome.

My friend’s daughter is one of those crazy students who intended to brave the cold last night in a tent outside the arena and I cannot wait to hear how that went and if she actually stayed out there all night 😂

They need to give Pearl a lifetime contract and put his name on the arena cause that man has changed the culture around basketball like no other coach has even come CLOSE to doing.  

Someone said you could not even get tickets to the gymnastics meet for last night.  

• Like 5
  • Love 1

And for anyone that hasn’t seen what is going on at Auburn ahead of the Kentucky game, here you go!   There is NOTHING like the Auburn spirit….NOTHING.  

Bryan Harsin also came through the crowd  and visited with the students. 

https://oanow.com/sports/college/auburn/lee-inside-peacock-woodstock-the-manifestation-of-an-unprecedented-wild-ride-for-auburn-men-s/article_0154e2aa-7b4f-11ec-9286-d7c65ca08f65.html?fbclid=IwAR0E9mDAn2hQNRQjv-o5427GrBPmVXHf1XEuAq_4RsmYkG4RiYA8JnJr5kE

Edited by AEAugirl
  • Like 4

1 hour ago, AEAugirl said:

My friend’s daughter is one of those crazy students who intended to brave the cold last night in a tent outside the arena and I cannot wait to hear how that went and if she actually stayed out there all night 😂

They need to give Pearl a lifetime contract and put his name on the arena cause that man has changed the culture around basketball like no other coach has even come CLOSE to doing.  

Someone said you could not even get tickets to the gymnastics meet for last night.  

And at a time when we need something to smile about. Hell, at a time when everyone needs something to smile about.

• Like 3

Auburn's pass defense ranked 11th in the conference in yards given up.   Auburn's run defense ranked 5th.  Jeff Schmedding was our defensive run game coordinator...

• Like 3

14 hours ago, GreenTiger said:

I think we will be fine next year. In fact we just might be better than fine. Spring practice will start and everyone will begin settling in and going to work. 

How many of you remember the woeful 1991 and 1992 season records of 5-6 and 5-5-1, respectively?  Yeah, it was at the end of CPD’s tenure with NCAA investigations, but the next year was SPECIAL. With basically the same roster, new CTB led AU to an 11-0 season and Jim Fiffe’s vintage “11-0, 11-0”.

AU was in EVERY game in 2021 with the exception of UGa.  We haven’t seen this competitiveness in many years from our football team and that was great to see.  However, the end result of our record is not what we wanted.  All of this to say that I fully expect the 2022 record to be much better than 2021 and trending upward after CBH clears the team of uncommitted players and coaches. Support CBH.  Support Auburn Football. WDE!

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1
  • Love 2

15 hours ago, Bro Johnny Mac said:

I'm usually optimistic when the situation calls for it......but I also believe in being realistic.  I would love to feel good enough about Harsin to be all in but the reality is that he has not inspired that confidence so far. Maybe he'll get more people to warm up to him s time goes on but I'm not sure about that either.  Things should be more settled by now but so far the chaos continues. That does not help his cause....

This is just where we're at whether people like it or not. Maybe by this time next year there will be a clear picture of Harsin's abilities, and we'll know if he's got what it takes to coach an SEC team. I really hope he does because this mess is so detrimental to Auburn's football program. 

• Like 4

15 minutes ago, Tigerbelle said:

I'm usually optimistic when the situation calls for it......but I also believe in being realistic.  I would love to feel good enough about Harsin to be all in but the reality is that he has not inspired that confidence so far. Maybe he'll get more people to warm up to him s time goes on but I'm not sure about that either.  Things should be more settled by now but so far the chaos continues. That does not help his cause....

This is just where we're at whether people like it or not. Maybe by this time next year there will be a clear picture of Harsin's abilities, and we'll know if he's got what it takes to coach an SEC team. I really hope he does because this mess is so detrimental to Auburn's football program. 

To early to tell, so I’m going to remain positive. I’m pulling for Harsin as well 

• Like 1

Glad he’s gone. If he didn’t want to be here then quit wasting everyone’s time. 

Hope Harsin’s new staff loves to recruit because they have plenty of work to do. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Coach Hars caught on camera outside Jungleville this morning 4 hours before tip.   DHall. JHunter and JSimpson with shirts off in the crowd.  WDE.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, augolf1716 said:

Its mush easier to be negative then positive...

as my hero says keep those negative waves out of my tank 

Yep, and for some reason if you are extremely negative, it's ok, but if you are extremely positive you are labeled delusional.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

7 hours ago, woodford said:

Glad he’s gone. If he didn’t want to be here then quit wasting everyone’s time. 

Hope Harsin’s new staff loves to recruit because they have plenty of work to do. 

I don't think he ever intended to be here more than a year. Not based on anything, jmo. I think a lot of people are grasping at straws to read things into it when it is what it is. That's really all that matters.

• Like 1

If we were fielding a Kevin Steele defense then I would be more upset. We were very soft in pass defense. It drove me crazy when the opponent would need to pickup 5 yards and we're playing off 12 yards.

• Like 1

15 hours ago, augolf1716 said:

Its mush easier to be negative then positive...

as my hero says keep those negative waves out of my tank 

Why don’t you say something hopeful, and righteous for a change…..

watched it 100x’s with my Dad

• Love 1

8 hours ago, USATiger said:

Why don’t you say something hopeful, and righteous for a change…..

watched it 100x’s with my Dad

Great movie even got bird and his son hooked on it.

• Like 1

On 1/21/2022 at 8:37 PM, NWALA Tiger said:

It's really simple... We are Auburn ... Harsin will have this yr and next to get it done. If he doesn't,  he will be gone and we will try someone else for 2 or 3 years...That's what Auburn does... I hope he succeeds BTW..

Nobody has been more negative than me when it comes to criticizing Harsin but to fire him after next year if he is not getting the job done is just foolish as well as JABA.  He needs to have at the least until we can get Gus off the payroll.  To compete against Bama and Georgia we need instant recruiting success and we'll as a proven on the field coach.  Coaches that meet those criteria are coaches such as Dennis Allen, Eric Bienemy, Mike Zimmer or Todd Boles.  Those guys are not going to be cheap if we have Gus and Harsin on the unemployed Auburn payroll then who do you think we could afford to get.  You can bet it would be back to the Sunbelt conference or high school ranks.  Talking about the domino effect.

3 minutes ago, Carnell said:

Nobody has been more negative than me when it comes to criticizing Harsin but to fire him after next year if he is not getting the job done is just foolish as well as JABA.  He needs to have at the least until we can get Gus off the payroll.  To compete against Bama and Georgia we need instant recruiting success and we'll as a proven on the field coach.  Coaches that meet those criteria are coaches such as Dennis Allen, Eric Bienemy, Mike Zimmer or Todd Boles.  Those guys are not going to be cheap if we have Gus and Harsin on the unemployed Auburn payroll then who do you think we could afford to get.  You can bet it would be back to the Sunbelt conference or high school ranks.  Talking about the domino effect.

I agree with what u said... But we talking about Auburn... Some already want him gone. I want better portal and HS lineman recruiting,  but also think he deserves a chance esp since he had his coaching staff lined up