Harsin Drama Megathread

TitanTiger

Just now, DAG said:

Vacationing and good for him. So you going off rumors once again even though he said from his own mouth he is here to stay ? Lol. Sounds like he is refusing to quit. If Auburn wants him gone , why not fire him now, then. I imagine if they are offended as much as you are right now that would be the case.

I’ve kinda skimmed through y’all’s argument. Doesn’t really make sense to me. It looks like both of y’all have good points. 

1. he’s done. Schools still interviewing people. I actually think that’s wrapping up today? I’ve gotten mixed messages about this. But he’s done. 

2. Auburn’s still investigating to see if they have cause. If they do cool. If they don’t oh well. But they’ll see if they can save 18 million.

3. I’m in the school of just ripping off the band aid, but obviously I don’t have 18 million to pay out. I’m impatient so I wish something happened today, probably by Wednesday. No guarantees but it won’t go past when Harsin comes back to the states 

4. We have made contacts for potential candidates from what it sounds like. 🤗

• Love 1

If this has regressed to a witch-hunt looking to terminate for cause, his attorney probably told him to not come back early. Might be good PR but could say something not in his best interests..

55 minutes ago, Auburn Tiger said:

What if Mason left because he knew he was going to be fired, leaving him with an even larger pay cut?

Clear from Harsin's comments that wasn't the case. Also, take your buyout and then go to OK state for even more cash.

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, BHDAU1 said:

My first post on this matter, sorry for the length.  It all seems like a bunch of noise and nonsense.  Harsin seems to be a no BS kind of guy and I would imagine that his coaching style is very stern and strict.  If you don't do what you are asked to do in the way you are asked to do it you are scolded, made to do it correctly, and everyone moves on to the next thing.  If a player continues to not do what is asked in the way he is asked to do it, he loses his position to someone who will, and if said player throws a temper tantrum and/or goes on a social media rant about it then he shouldn't be part of the team.  I never played college football, only 5A high school ball in Ky.. I understand that it is different world in many areas, but on the practice field and during games it is all the same thing.  We had a strict business-like coach but he was simply trying to "bring the cream to the top", get everyone's very best performance out of them, and get rid of the guys that cried and complained instead of manning-up.  You were expected to give 100% effort in everything you did, even running to the water tree for a drink during breaks in the two-a-day practices during the summer.  If you did NOT get on board with the program you got left behind.  I could be totally wrong about this as I have no more information about this than anyone else on here that has read thru all of the news articles and "insider" posts, but that is just my gut feeling from I have seen from Harsin in the media.  I think he believes the ONLY way that Auburn becomes a program that wins championships on a regular basis is to have nothing but players that are totally bought-in to his system that are as tough as they can be and willing to go 100% all of the time.  These are young adults yes, but most are 18 and older and could be serving in the military instead (where I guarantee they wont be babied!).  Maybe I am too old-school (I just turned 42 last month), but after watching some of those livestream convos with some of Auburn's players count me as NONE TOO IMPRESSED.  Besides the total annihilation of the English language that these college "student" athletes use as common speech, it seems to me that they are more concerned about having a friend that is also their coach rather than a coach that wants to get the very best out of them regardless of how THEY feel about it.  There is of course a time and a place for everything.  Despite my high school football coach being a total tough disciplinarian on the field and in the locker room, I never felt like I couldn't go talk to him as one man to another after practice if I had a problem with something football related or in any other aspect of my life.  It's almost as if some of these people and players are expecting the coaches to also parent these kids which would be an impossible task, particularly when you are supposed to running a top-tier major college football program.   Do we really want a bunch of the 4 and 5 star guys that other programs have passed on because the kids have multiple issues with authority and personal responsibility? The same goes for guys already on the team that instead of working harder at practice to do whatever drill or task they are asked to do perfectly, would rather get online and start a b*t*h-fest and complain about how hard they have it or how "mean" Coach Harsin is for calling them out.  It is particularly ironic when some of them talk about coming from the ghetto/hood and how hard they had it.  You are not in the hood being shot at or in danger anymore, you have the opportunity to get a 1st class education with no debt, you will get 1st class nutritious food 3 times a day at minimum (better than what normal students get), very nice lodging provided for you every night, and there are more support programs available to you thru the college as an athlete than any other normal student has.  If the worst thing you have to complain about at this point is the coach being a "meanie head" that just doesn't understand you (whatever that means), then I would say you are living a pretty damned CHARMED LIFE AT THIS POINT WOULDNT YOU? Just my .02 cents.           

Great thoughts…paragraphs would have made easier for my aged mind , and eyes to follow…just sayn

2 minutes ago, DAG said:

Why would they want to hear his side of the story if they know they are going to fire him? That makes no sense whatsoever. 

Because he should have the right to defend himself from the accusations.

• Like 1

Just now, murpjf88 said:

Should’ve thought about before they jumped out the window and put out a statement about an investigation while he is out of the country , no?

• Thanks 1

34 minutes ago, PigskinPat said:

Isn’t quitting with no job to go to a much bigger pay cut than getting fired where he’d get a guaranteed buyout?

I’m suggesting he knew he had a job when/if he quit.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, DAG said:

And isn’t he out of the country ? It’s not like he is at destin or South Alabama 

Resort in Mexico. 

Both Harsin and his wife have called BS. 

Steele better be worth plus 18 million 

Just now, GreenTiger said:

Resort in Mexico. 

Both Harsin and his wife have called BS. 

Steele better be worth plus 18 million 

I'll quit if we hire Steele

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, murpjf88 said:

OR rush back to get fired? Lol no thanks..

Didn’t this guy get an interview with ESPN and said the accusations regarding him our BS. Do they think that is going to change all of a sudden?

• Like 1

56 minutes ago, auburnphan said:

I just think that Mason and Harsin didn't mesh well together.  Harsin wanted a more aggressive defense and Mason is more of a bend and don't break guy, Harsin wanted him to change.  Being a true professional Mason stayed on for recruiting purposes until the time was right to walk away.

Doesn't make sense.

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, auburnphan said:

I mean they have basically already publicly ended the relationship for all to see.

Pretty sad way to conduct business…fired by internet…great look.

16 minutes ago, Randman5000 said:

It seems like if there were real evidence they would have fired him, vacation or not. So far we just have that an investigation is happening and they are still interviewing people. The rest is message board fodder. That's it. Still waiting and see at this point. 

For what it is worth, Tennessee approached Jeremy Pruitt first and asked him to resign.  When he said no they came out guns blazing.  Not sure if that applies here though 

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, abw0004 said:

For what it is worth, Tennessee approached Jeremy Pruitt first and asked him to resign.  When he said no they came out guns blazing.  Not sure if that applies here though 

Yeah,as someone pointed out too, Bruce refused to meet with administration about the whole Person fiasco.

Edited by Randman5000
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, AUCE05 said:

I'll quit if we hire Steele

I'm just going to keep saying it but to me the obvious hire would be Gene Chizik and I think he would bring a stabilizing presence to auburn and won a Natty (even tho that was really all gus, Cam and Fairley). 

• Facepalm 1

Just now, Randman5000 said:

OR rush back to get fired? Lol no thanks..

It’s a two sided coin on this. 

Auburn’s going to give him an out to where he gets money and they save money. If Harsin & his team thinks the case in front of him isn’t enough, they’ll take Auburn to court for his buyout. And all it’ll do is delay the buyout money for him for maybe a year or two. It’ll probably end up in arbitration and whatever. 

24 minutes ago, Taco said:

I grew up with Friends so switch those two and I’m on the same boat. Watched a lot of Simpson/Family guys too. 

And I always wonder why I’m such a degenerate 

I mean I prefer South Park to family guy, so you can guess how big of a degenerate I am

• Haha 1

54 minutes ago, AEAugirl said:

Did anyone else have a coordinator leave to go to a lesser program and give up $600k in the process? 

That one is definitely a concern. But wouldn’t run a coach off for that one. I also think his lack of bringing anyone in at NSD or anyone from portal ( although they were highly successful I think on their first portal group.

23 minutes ago, DAG said:

Yeah I would think if they had proof of serious allegations him essentially giving them the middle finger would just add fuel to the flames and bolster their case to fire him right there.

Or they're bringing him to the table to negotiate a reduced buyout and NDA because it would be best for both parties for this to end without that proof being leaked. 

3 minutes ago, DAG said:

Should’ve thought about before they jumped out the window and put out a statement about an investigation while he is out of the country , no?

Maybe, but they wouldn't be asking him to cut his vacation short just so they can fire him. He doesn't have to be present for that. That makes me think they want to talk to him to hear his side of the story. 

• Like 2

Just now, Hank2020 said:

That one is definitely a concern. But wouldn’t run a coach off for that one. I also think his lack of bringing anyone in at NSD or anyone from portal ( although they were highly successful I think on their first portal group.

Take out Tre Donaldson from the class and we’re 21 in rankings and 10th in the SEC.

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, Randman5000 said:

It seems like if there were real evidence they would have fired him, vacation or not. So far we just have that an investigation is happening and they are still interviewing people. The rest is message board fodder. That's it. Still waiting and see at this point. 

So the question is why is this shat blasted all over social media? An effort to prejudice opinion before actual facts are known.

• Like 1

Just now, AUght2win said:

Or they're bringing him to the table to negotiate a reduced buyout and NDA because it would be best for both parties for this to end without that proof being leaked. 

Why would they ask for a reduce buy out if they have enough proof to not give him a single cent of his buyout ? 

• Like 2