Harsin Drama Megathread

TitanTiger

Not a fan of Freeze at all.  Not because of his scandals, but because I think he is overrated.  All he did was beat Bama twice.  While impressive, he didn't do much else.  No SEC title appearances and no SEC titles.  Here was his record by year:

2012: 7-6 (AP unranked)

2013: 8-5 (AP unranked)

2014: 9-4 (AP final ranking #17)

2015: 10-3 (AP final ranking #10)

2016: 5-7 (AP unranked)

He did very well in 2015.  Went 10-3, won Sugar, and finished #10.  

Most importantly, Gus went 3-1 against him. 

I will pass on Freeze.  I don't see him as an upgrade at all.  I've never understood the fascination with him.  Is he bad? Nope.  Is he some guy that's gonna come in and destroy the SEC?  Also Nope.

• Like 3

Jumping back to Harsin, I reallly wish people would quit showing their a** on Twitter going to bat for him. For all they know, the guy has done real damage. All these fools are making it worse for the university.

Edited by AuCivilEng1
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, AuCivilEng1 said:

Jumping back to Harsin, I reallly wish people would quit showing their a** on Twitter going to bat for him. For all the know, the guy has done real damage. All these fools are making it worse for the university.

Yea I saw them saying no Harsin no peace! lol

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, AuCivilEng1 said:

Jumping back to Harsin, I reallly wish people would quit showing their a** on Twitter going to bat for him. For all the know, the guy has done real damage. All these fools are making it worse for the university.

Nah.  The University got themselves into this mess by making the "investigation" public and dragging it out. They are clearly fishing for some "cause" to fire him because they don't want to pay the buy-out.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, AcUmen said:

Nah.  The University got themselves into this mess by making the "investigation" public and dragging it out. They are clearly fishing for some "cause" to fire him because they don't want to pay the buy-out.

You 100% sure of that?

16 minutes ago, Kentucky Tiger said:

Don't flatter yourself son, your opinion means nothing to me. It appears you do a lot of posting here but really who are you but some anonymous person on the internet. Get a hobby or read a book. Your overheated rhetoric is lame.

What a joke lmao... "son"... c'mon man🤣

11 minutes ago, Hank2020 said:

I think he would be great and also bother Bammer but we can’t afford him.

What about Bill O'Brien? He did a terrific job at Penn State under dire circumstances. 

Just now, Didba said:

What a joke lmao... "son"... c'mon man🤣

Dude super corny bruh. He holding on to something from earlier. Welp my lawyer friend, looks like nothing has occurred. I am hoping we hear something soon so we can move on and hire freeze. Period. Like seriously who can we get that is better?

• Like 2

1 minute ago, peashooter said:

What about Bill O'Brien? He did a terrific job at Penn State under dire circumstances. 

Bama would probably pay US to take him at this point. 

10 minutes ago, Grumps said:

What a great thought!

hahaha, lawyers bad haha so original... smh.

sure bud, go be a pro se defendant and then get back to me.

Just now, DAG said:

Dude super corny bruh. He holding on to something from earlier. Welp my lawyer friend, looks like nothing has occurred. I am hoping we hear something soon so we can move on and hire freeze. Period. Like seriously who can we get that is better?

no clue but the writing seems to be on the wall.

2 minutes ago, peashooter said:

You mean BOB who’s OC at UAT alongside BYOB the DC?

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, peashooter said:

nooooooooooooooooooope. he was hated as an nfl coach, it'd be harsin 2.0

Nope! Hence me saying maybe people shouldn’t be jumping on Twitter and threatening to riot if Harsin is fired. They’re going to look really stupid if Harsin actually did something to seriously hurt the program and his players.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, AU-24 said:

You are getting to the point where you’re trying to talk common sense to the sense-less.

Deep down they know it was a bad hire, they know they were wrong, but it is so tough for some to admit, so they will defend their position to the bitter end.

It doesn't matter if it was a bad hire or not. The hire is done and gone. There is nothing to admit about it. The issue is about where to go from right now. If Auburn made a bad hire then pay the man and hire whoever you want. The worrisome part is how Auburn admin seems to be handling this. If they don't have iron clad just cause to fire him and are trying to make him look bad based on hearsay and innuendo to try to lower the buyout then the admin is lowlife scum. I certainly hope that is not the case.

• Like 2

31 minutes ago, JDUBB4AU said:

There’s one name being completely missed by all you Losers .. I can’t believe you haven’t named him yet . 

Nick Saban? 😂😂

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

7 minutes ago, AcUmen said:

Not a fan of Freeze at all.  Not because of his scandals, but because I think he is overrated.  All he did was beat Bama twice.  While impressive, he didn't do much else.  No SEC title appearances and no SEC titles.  Here was his record by year:

2012: 7-6 (AP unranked)

2013: 8-5 (AP unranked)

2014: 9-4 (AP final ranking #17)

2015: 10-3 (AP final ranking #10)

2016: 5-7 (AP unranked)

He did very well in 2015.  Went 10-3, won Sugar, and finished #10.  

Most importantly, Gus went 3-1 against him. 

I will pass on Freeze.  I don't see him as an upgrade at all.  I've never understood the fascination with him.  Is he bad? Nope.  Is he some guy that's gonna come in and destroy the SEC?  Also Nope.

Looks to me he got better every year with a Mississippi school. Give me records before he showed up there. And tell me where his recruiting classes ranked while he was there. 

Mississippi schools are trash. Will always be trash. And any coach that can win a sugar bowl there is impressive for me. 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, peashooter said:

He has definitely got the experience. I think he is holding where he is at to get back to nfl.

3 minutes ago, Taco said:

Looks to me he got better every year with a Mississippi school. Give me records before he showed up there. And tell me where his recruiting classes ranked while he was there. 

His recruiting classes were bought. 

5 minutes ago, AuCivilEng1 said:

Nope! Hence me saying maybe people shouldn’t be jumping on Twitter and threatening to riot if Harsin is fired. They’re going to look really stupid if Harsin actually did something to seriously hurt the program and his players.

They are not going to look stupid just didn’t have the facts. Everyone is only reacting to things they have heard or read. Can’t be expected to make decisions on what they don’t know.