Harsin Drama Megathread

TitanTiger

1 minute ago, au302 said:

Hey, Dave Arranda runs a 3-4

If our PTB and Allen Green could somehow pull Dave Arranda, I’d never talk s**t about them again.

Not a chance it happens. None.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, AuCivilEng1 said:

If our PTB and Allen Green could somehow pull Dave Arranda, I’d never talk s**t about them again.

Not a chance it happens. None.

Yeah we are not getting Dave Aranda. If we get Deion, Dell or Freeze w/ Luke I'll be happy.

What does PAM stand for? Phillip A Marshall?

Edited by AUwent

Just now, AUwent said:

Yeah we are not getting Dave Aranda. If we get Deion or Dell I'll be happy.

Dell as HC is a huggggge risk. But I’d say Harsin was bigger. So maybe.

Wouldn’t you think with a new president and our current AD’s contract up in December/January that we would be dead in the water for a coaching hire until an new AD is brought on board?

10 minutes ago, W.E.D said:

I've seen Fickle's name thrown out there, but that seems crazy to me.  He's had more success, but it's a lot along the lines of hiring what we have now.  Another g5 coach that doesn't know the SEC.

I go back and forth on Harsin.  I really like the hire.  He's had a pretty disastrously length of time since the Ole Miss game.  ESD was a decent bright spot, but then a ever other event was essentially a black eye.

Feel like you have to be really confident about the next hire to make a move right now.  Letting Harsin coach the spring, then seeing how the season plays out, might be the more prudent thing if you don't have a guy you're 100% sure of.  Worst case fire him before the bye week if it's really bad & be first in line for the '22-'23 offseason.  Could 7 more months really destroy us?  Could Harsin turn it around and everyone move forward in that time?

I don't know

I can’t say I disagree with anything you said 

But I still can’t shake the feeling that the PTB we’re behind a smear campaign to get Harsin to step down.. simply because they don’t want to pay his buyout.. If harsin stays and turns things around (big if but I think he deserves the chance) he will have possibly broken the power that the PTB have had for so long.

2 minutes ago, I_M4_AU said:

Wouldn’t you think with a new president and our current AD’s contract up in December/January that we would be dead in the water for a coaching hire until an new AD is brought on board?

At Auburn?

image.gif.b1f978b73130ca5cc3849578a0cd4d7a.gif

• Haha 3

5 minutes ago, AuCivilEng1 said:

Dell as HC is a huggggge risk. But I’d say Harsin was bigger. So maybe.

I understand your concern, but here's my rationale:

-Sam Pittman, who was never more than a PC/AHC, has done an absolutely incredible job.

-Shane Beamer, who was also never more than a PC/AHC, appears to have USCe in the right direction.

-Dell knows the region like the back of his hand. I know it's Georgia but the guy is a master recruiter. Seems really, REALLY well liked among HS coaches and recruits throughout the southeast.

-I'm betting he could assemble one heck of a good staff.

Is he a guarantee for success? Most definitely not. Do I think he could at least rebuild our roster? Yes.

Edited by AUwent
  • Like 2

If he gets fired without cause, or a mutual parting of ways, I honestly don't see how we could even get Dell, Dion, or Freeze.

I think we are seriously looking at bottom shelf. With all that has been leaked in the past few days on top of our existing reputation I just don't see it. I believe it would take a monumental amount of money to tempt a proven commodity to come here. 

We probably end up with a risky hire. Hopefully it is one we strike gold with. 

15 hours ago, AUwent said:

I figured. But they’re investigating something. And if it’s the boosters desperately looking for a way to get him fired for cause, that’s terrifying. 

That is surely chilling for CBH, any other high profile AU employee, but especially for Auburn. It’s numbing if true because the boosters should only be allowed to “booster” but not manage. That gets the school into deep dark trouble if allowed, as we all know.

If the man has done nothing except make some bonehead football personnel/management mistakes, that is something AU has to live with for a reasonable period. It happens. Investigate, make a clear headed long term decision and get back to work. There is no decision that’s going to make everyone happy. But AU Administration has to man-up and move forward.

As the old saying goes, you just can’t throw the baby out with the dishwater.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, W.E.D said:

Hoke & Now PAM posting that the end is near & Harsin is done. 

Interesting to see what the findings would say. Like I said, if there is some sort of evidence to the malicious issues, I am all for seeing him leave, but please have his replacement ready.

4 minutes ago, Randman5000 said:

Links?

We aren't allowed to do that, sorry

4 minutes ago, Bro Johnny Mac said:

I can’t say I disagree with anything you said 

But I still can’t shake the feeling that the PTB we’re behind a smear campaign to get Harsin to step down.. simply because they don’t want to pay his buyout.. If harsin stays and turns things around (big if but I think he deserves the chance) he will have possibly broken the power that the PTB have had for so long.

They are going to end up paying it unless there is something truly there.  At best, it'll be slightly reduced.  Still 8 figures.  I don't think they are behind negative reports from players, staff, and coaches.  That's a consequence of Harsin's own actions.  They are just using them as reason to make a change.

1 minute ago, AuCivilEng1 said:

At Auburn?

image.gif.b1f978b73130ca5cc3849578a0cd4d7a.gif

That’s probably true.  Auburn tried to get a coach that went against the trend with Harsin and Auburn just couldn’t handle it.  Why would Auburn be patient enough to do it right now?

1 minute ago, Randman5000 said:

What?? Yeah you can. 

We can't post premium content.  If you have a sub to those sites, their posts are there.

14 minutes ago, W.E.D said:

Hoke & Now PAM posting that the end is near & Harsin is done. 

Who u think breaks it First? Phillip is all but saying it... Hoke saying it not as forcefully...

3 minutes ago, DAG said:

Interesting to see what the findings would say. Like I said, if there is some sort of evidence to the malicious issues, I am all for seeing him leave, but please have his replacement ready.

PAM claims it would be fast.  I feel like we're headed to a mutual parting of ways & a bad break up vs any "for cause" findings.  You'll have ppl mad & then you'll have ppl spinning the dysfunction inside the football complex was enough reason to make a change after 1 year.  My guess

3 minutes ago, DAG said:

Replacement won’t be ready but it won’t be open for all type of search. 

Think SEC ties and experience. 

Findings will PROBABLY be that he’s an a**hole and it won’t please the pro-Harsin crowd but the evidence I personally believe, is there that he wasn’t going to cut it here. 

If anybody is hoping for a very serious allegation to make them feel better about this, I wouldn’t keep my hopes up. But if you’re on the boat of “Harsin’s just a hard-nosed coach and he’s not getting a fair shot” I would humbly suggest to get your head out of the sand.