Harsin Drama Megathread

TitanTiger

6 minutes ago, Randman5000 said:

JJ, Kobe and Bo seem to have been the only major loses, pretty much everybody else rarely played.  We traded Bo for 3 Oregon players too. 

Tennison is also a loss....and he went to an SECW school.

Just now, WarEagle1983 said:

I mean...we all know that. Doesn't escape the fact we still have to go hunting for a competent coach if it happens. All i'm saying is that it's not like we have our pick of the litter at this point if it does happen. 

Sadly I doubt the PTB will go after who I want, but if Freeze could bring in Matt Luke at OC, I'll take him.

Just now, AUght2win said:

Pegues is a big loss too. He was just starting to come on.

If he stays on defense, I would agree. If he goes back to tight end or fullback or QB...

3 minutes ago, W.E.D said:

Harsin get 12mm.  Mutual parting of ways with no blame on either side.  Bad Marriage.  Everyone's best interest to reduce any further damage to both sides.  Just a guess

I think I’d be ok with this. I just don’t have a ton of faith in Bryan Harsin. But that begs the question…

Who in the ever living f*** are we going to be able to hire in February? Grimes maybe? Freeze? Even if the administration and bot are all pulling in the same direction, it’s going to be really tough to pull an established power 5 head coach away from his team at this time of the year. Odds are, we are right back to taking a huge risk on an unknown, as usual.

1 minute ago, AUwent said:

Sadly I doubt the PTB will go after who I want, but if Freeze could bring in Matt Luke at OC, I'll take him.

At this point, wouldn’t you take freeze with no Matt Luke? Lol

1 minute ago, Randman5000 said:

If he stays on defense, I would agree. If he goes back to tight end or fullback or QB...

Well he would have stayed on defense here so that's all that matters. 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Randman5000 said:

It's been mentioned multiple times that we were told no about interviews with Freeze. I don't have the article link but that seems to be the case.

People have the right to change their minds and at this point we'd likely be at his mercy so he could get several of his demands met. Look, i'm not trying to start a Hugh debate or anything. Like i said, i don't want Harsin fired but if a coach like Hugh is opening to listening again, we need to be willing to put it out there. That's all i'm saying. 

If we're at the point where we've fired our 1st year coach and the team is clearly split we're officially bottom of the SEC. I love AU like everyone else but that's the truth. I fully believe we can recover either way but if we're at that point, let's not act like we're too good for certain coaches b/c we'd be luckly to get a decent caliber coach in that situation.

Just now, WarEagle1983 said:

I mean...we all know that. Doesn't escape the fact we still have to go hunting for a competent coach if it happens. All i'm saying is that it's not like we have our pick of the litter at this point if it does happen. 

Based on what I know, if he gets fired, I don't give a s*** who our next coach is.  I graduated almost 50 years ago.  I no longer have the patience for this sort of infantile behavior by alums with money. 

If we don't give Harsin a couple of more years to prove himself for better or worse, I'm done with Auburn football.

I think Harsin is pretty safe at this point.

If they had a silver bullet he'd already be gone. Cooler heads are likely realizing they aren't going to shell out 20 million without having a situation so terrible we couldn't otherwise function.

1 minute ago, WarEagle1983 said:

People have the right to change their minds and at this point we'd likely be at his mercy so he could get several of his demands met. Look, i'm not trying to start a Hugh debate or anything. Like i said, i don't want Harsin fired but if a coach like Hugh is opening to listening again, we need to be willing to put it out there. That's all i'm saying. 

If we're at the point where we've fired our 1st year coach and the team is clearly split we're officially bottom of the SEC. I love AU like everyone else but that's the truth. I fully believe we can recover either way but if we're at that point, let's not act like we're too good for certain coaches b/c we'd be luckly to get a decent caliber coach in that situation.

I hope you're right but this will stain for years.. 
I was just saying I don't think we can hire him because of his troubles at Ole Miss

• Dislike 1

6 minutes ago, AUght2win said:

Pegues is a big loss too. He was just starting to come on.

I think Joko is a loss too, especially with lack of LB depth & his position coach being promoted to DC.  That was also a Harsin recruit.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, homersapien said:

If we don't give Harsin a couple of more years to prove himself for better or worse, I'm done with Auburn football.

What happens if many think if we waited 2 more years we'd be drastically worse off than if we made a change right now?  Is that not possible to you?

52 minutes ago, cole256 said:

Nobody is irreplaceable. Going into another defense, losing the guys we lost and losing traction with future guys is bad. It's actually bad bad

What if the scheme is the same

Just now, homersapien said:

Based on what I know, if he gets fired, I don't give a s*** who our next coach is.  I graduated almost 50 years ago.  I no longer have the patience for this sort of infantile behavior by alums with money. 

Hey, I understand. I've seen several people make this exact statement. Agree or disagree I'll always cheer on Auburn football. I will likely keep my money in my pocket and choose to watch games at home but I just can't see myself not supporting our players. Our players are not the ones making the decisions. Therefore, i'll support the guys who choose to stay no matter what as well as understand the guys that leave. 

We find ourselves in a sad state no matter what happens. Because even if Harsin remains, who wants that kind of work environment? I'd only stay around to prove them wrong and when i get a better offer, I'm out. But i'm sure many of us have worked a job where you know people don't like and/or respect your authority and you have to lead and/or show up to work everyday. It's horrible. 

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, AuCivilEng1 said:

At this point, wouldn’t you take freeze with no Matt Luke? Lol

Ok let me rephrase that, I'd be excited with Luke as OC. I would still rather have Dell or Deion either way.

Edited by AUwent
  • Haha 1

8 minutes ago, AuCivilEng1 said:

I think I’d be ok with this. I just don’t have a ton of faith in Bryan Harsin. But that begs the question…

Who in the ever living f*** are we going to be able to hire in February? Grimes maybe? Freeze? Even if the administration and bot are all pulling in the same direction, it’s going to be really tough to pull an established power 5 head coach away from his team at this time of the year. Odds are, we are right back to taking a huge risk on an unknown, as usual.

I've seen Fickle's name thrown out there, but that seems crazy to me.  He's had more success, but it's a lot along the lines of hiring what we have now.  Another g5 coach that doesn't know the SEC.

I go back and forth on Harsin.  I really like the hire.  He's had a pretty disastrously length of time since the Ole Miss game.  ESD was a decent bright spot, but then a ever other event was essentially a black eye.

Feel like you have to be really confident about the next hire to make a move right now.  Letting Harsin coach the spring, then seeing how the season plays out, might be the more prudent thing if you don't have a guy you're 100% sure of.  Worst case fire him before the bye week if it's really bad & be first in line for the '22-'23 offseason.  Could 7 more months really destroy us?  Could Harsin turn it around and everyone move forward in that time?

I don't know

• Like 1

1 minute ago, johnnyAU said:

Freeze may be a good coach, but we can't be the ones to bring him out of oblivion.

We brought Pearl out and the rest of the SEC gave us a ton of s**t. Look who’s laughing now. They may still hate Bruce. But they’re mostly all just jealous that we found a coach who can go toe to toe with Kentucky. 

Who cares at this point. If we did fire Harsin for cause, we’d be pretty desperate. I know I would. I do not want to see us Tennessee our way through the next 10 years. 

• Like 1

Just now, AuCivilEng1 said:

We brought Pearl out and the rest of the SEC gave us a ton of s**t. Look who’s laughing now. They may still hate Bruce. But they’re mostly all just jealous that we found a coach who can go toe to toe with Kentucky. 

Who cares at this point. If we did fire Harsin for cause, we’d be pretty desperate. I know I would. I do not want to see us Tennessee our way through the next 10 years. 

Bruce lied about a cookout. Freeze's issue was something very different. 

• Like 1