Harsin Drama Megathread

TitanTiger

9 minutes ago, Taco said:

Here I’ll use my professional expertise to explain to you why Auburn will 95% not allow this to go to court. 

Discovery. 

Yeah I get that. They will have to pay the full buyout if that is the case, Harsin doesn't seem like he's going to go quietly.

14 minutes ago, Taco said:

Here I’ll use my professional expertise to explain to you why Auburn will 95% not allow this to go to court. 

Discovery. 

Auburn can't prevent Harsin from taking them to court?

Like if I sue you and we dont settle then we going to court if I assert my rights to a jury trial. Unless there is an arbitration provision but I don't recall seeing one when I read Harsin's K.

Of course if they just pay the buyout then things will be different.

Edited by Didba

Just now, Randman5000 said:

Yeah I get that. They will have to pay the full buyout if that is the case, Harsin doesn't seem like he's going to go quietly.

I can tell you this. Auburns not bleeding for money lol

8 minutes ago, Farmer Brown said:

Glad you found your answer. 

I thought it was Mel Gibson?

Harsin has to be gone, right? There’s no way he could continue after this. 

I agree AU will do anything possible to avoid a lawsuit and discovery. 

• Like 1

I love when i get a reaction notification from @icanthearyou cause you know its gonna be a facepalm before you even check 

• Like 1
  • Haha 5

Just now, Taco said:

I can tell you this. Auburns not bleeding for money lol

40 million for two coaches in 2years... Plus staff buyouts... Didn't the Athletic Department lose 9 million last year??!! We went cheap before.. this can't be good 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Didba said:

Auburn can't prevent Harsin from taking them to court?

Like if I sue you and we dont settle then we going to court if I assert my rights to a jury trial. Unless there is an arbitration provision but I don't recall seeing one when I read Harsin's K

Oh yes, they can settle. But auburn will not allow this to go to court. Harsin’s camp probably knows this is why he’s been digging in. 

1 minute ago, cbo said:

Harsin has to be gone, right? There’s no way he could continue after this. 

I agree AU will do anything possible to avoid a lawsuit and discovery. 

Better pay the buy out or have legit for cause reasons

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, mdp5150 said:

Let he who has not paid a hooker cast the first stone 

Something tells me you have been to enough churches in the Bible Belt! Okay that is my last one.

• Haha 1

Just now, Randman5000 said:

40 million for two coaches in 2years... Plus staff buyouts... Didn't the Athletic Department lose 9 million last year??!! We went cheap before.. this can't be good 

I promise you lol. They have money. If we were hurting for money the football performance center, basketball only facilities, and our NIL wouldn’t be there. 

Refresh my memory, how many NCAA sanctions against Ole Miss during the Freeze tenure?  Failure to go to class, hiring hookers....that will resonate with so many parents of recruits.   If you can be fired for being an a**, lots of people should be dusting off their resumes.  Just saying😉    If Coach Harsin is fired for a real cause then we can get someone hopefully that hasn't coached at Arkansas State, just to be different and try something new.  As much as I hated Deion when he played, he would have the optics to pull us out of this before the next millennium, Freeze would not.  The hypocrisy alone...

• Like 1

1 minute ago, WarEagleHunter1221 said:

To hear Marcello talk on this Twitter space Harsin’s firing is all but done. 

Regardless of how you feel about it, fire him or not fire him, this is insane. 

Marcello is a troll 

1 minute ago, Didba said:

I love when i get a reaction notification from @icanthearyou cause you know its gonna be a facepalm before you even check 

What cracks me up is his username. He never says anything that I’m aware of, but he’s always listening…always there to slap a quick face palm. And he wants you to know it 😂

• Haha 3

Freezes faults are clear. But he can recruit the south, put together a staff that knows what they're doing and coach up an offense. QB and WR development will be night and day to what we've had for years. Maybe he can bring Matt Luke along and that would hopefully help solve the OL issues that are about to really hit full force. And watching Auburn Football can hopefully be fun to watch again for the first time in a while.

• Like 2
  • Love 1

Every day, I wake up like this getting on the forums lol

peacemaker-nothing-like-a-bloodbath-to-start-the-day.gif

2 minutes ago, Taco said:

Oh yes, they can settle. But auburn will not allow this to go to court. Harsin’s camp probably knows this is why he’s been digging in. 

Agree. AU will pay the buyout most likely. A reduced buyout if they can get Harsin to sign off. 

If they fire for cause, they either have an air tight case or are complete morons. 

3 minutes ago, Taco said:

They are just gonna pay the buyout.

4 minutes ago, Didba said:

Better pay the buy out or have legit for cause reasons

Yeah we are basically saying the same thing at the same time. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, DAG said:

Something tells me you have been to enough churches in the Bible Belt! Okay that is my last one.

I've been around churches in the Bible belt. Lots of them, to be honest. This isn't the norm, it just gets glorified because of the hypocrisy of it. False doctrine leads to a false life. Sound doctrine leads to a sound life. 

• Like 1