Harsin Drama Megathread

TitanTiger

2 minutes ago, NWALA Tiger said:

Who u think breaks it First? Phillip is all but saying it... Hoke saying it not as forcefully...

I'd say Hoke.  They seem to be trying to make names for themselves over anyone else.  They got Tank story wrong (kinda b/c he was apparently actually in the portal for a second), but they've been first on a lot of stuff lately.

Tate seems to be the most cautious confirming anything and being last. 

Maybe @RunInRedcan beat his chest some more and break it for us donors 😀

4 minutes ago, W.E.D said:

We can't post premium content.  If you have a sub to those sites, their posts are there.

I subscribe to that site and he hasn't said anything that he's gone. 

Just now, Taco said:

Replacement won’t be ready but it won’t be open for all type of search. 

Think SEC ties and experience. 

Findings will PROBABLY be that he’s an a**hole and it won’t please the pro-Harsin crowd but the evidence I personally believe, is there that he wasn’t going to cut it here. 

If anybody is hoping for a very serious allegation to make them feel better about this, I wouldn’t keep my hopes up. But if you’re on the boat of “Harsin’s just a hard-nosed coach and he’s not getting a fair shot” I would humbly suggest to get your head out of the sand. 

I don't give a crap about fair chances. You need to have a plan in place. Life isn't fair, but people making decisions need to be sure we don't keep just paying people and making the same dang mistake over and over.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, W.E.D said:

PAM claims it would be fast.  I feel like we're headed to a mutual parting of ways & a bad break up vs any "for cause" findings.  You'll have ppl mad & then you'll have ppl spinning the dysfunction inside the football complex was enough reason to make a change after 1 year.  My guess

Well they better have a coach ready to take over.

• Like 2

Just now, DAG said:

I don't give a crap about fair chances. You need to have a plan in place. Life isn't fair, but people making decisions need to be sure we don't keep just paying people and making the same dang mistake over and over.

Yeah, it's a really weird time to hire someone.  President doesn't officially start until May and most think ADAG is gone at some point.  Not the best time to rip the Harsin band aide off. 

Just now, DAG said:

Supposedly they’re on the same page on moving on from Harsin, FWIW. So Harsin did give us something in the end.

• Like 1

Just now, W.E.D said:

Yeah, it's a really weird time to hire someone.  President doesn't officially start until May and most think ADAG is gone at some point.  Not the best time to rip the Harsin band aide off. 

That is my worry big time. But I can absolutely see it happening. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, DAG said:

Well they better have a coach ready to take over.

A month long "search" with multiple ppl turning us down would be a disaster.  It's gotta be a one and done.  No "interviews" of multiple people.  No wide search party.  

Take your shot & close quickly.  Grimes seems logical.  Dell interests me, but risky af.  Freeze scares the s*** outta me

• Like 1

Just now, Taco said:

Supposedly they’re on the same page on moving on from Harsin, FWIW. So Harsin did give us something in the end.

If Harsin walks with even half is buyout, he wins. If he walks with a buy out in place with no suitable replacement that is not Auburn getting anything in my eyes.

Just now, W.E.D said:

A month long "search" with multiple ppl turning us down would be a disaster.  It's gotta be a one and done.  No "interviews" of multiple people.  No wide search party.  

Take your shot & close quickly.  Grimes seems logical.  Dell interests me, but risky af.  Freeze scares the s*** outta me

I like Grimes, but I will always say Freeze. Period. Dell.......hopefully we get tons of recruits and he hires the right people around me.

• Like 5

Just now, DAG said:

I like Grimes, but I will always say Freeze. Period. Dell.......hopefully we get tons of recruits and he hires the right people around me.

Seems to be a lot of smoke around Freeze.  Paying kids is legal now, so we all know he'd go all in on NIL.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, DAG said:

If Harsin walks with even half is buyout, he wins. If he walks with a buy out in place with no suitable replacement that is not Auburn getting anything in my eyes.

If he is canned. I hope AU spells out exactly why to help the next coach

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, DAG said:

You see it as you will. Harsin’s getting his buyout, we’re going to get a SEC coach (numerous options) who will use our NIL to its full potential in football.

Personally I’m excited. I’m sure nobody cares, since I’m a nobody. 

Edited by Taco
DAG called me out