Harsin Drama Megathread

TitanTiger

17 minutes ago, Crypto Dentist said:

"The record we got  didn't come from his coaching it came from the cancers on the team that spread and are still spreading. This is what we dealt with this season. The only word to describe what Coach Harsin doing is chemo."

Cancer dies hard and takes time.

To quote Tony Fair completely, his last sentence was: “Those cancers will be gone”.

This seems to be a fight between Harsin’s old school demeanor and Gus’ left over recruits that aren’t happy to comply with their new reality.

If this is what one of the issues is and if Auburn caves to this type of dissension, it will be hard for Auburn to get a qualified coach to come in if your student athletes perceived they have that much power over the way a coach can coach.

This is an issue that has to be addressed before moving on to another coach if that is what happens.

• Like 8

10 minutes ago, bigbird said:

Not all growth is good growth, just like all removals aren't bad removals

I agree. But I’ m as sure as I can be that Mason is a bad loss. That’s the thing sticking in my head.

2 minutes ago, DyeCampAlum said:

I agree. But I’ m as sure as I can be that Mason is a bad loss. That’s the thing sticking in my head.

To me, bad means irreplaceable. Mason did well at times, but he isn't irresponsible IMO

• Like 6

27 minutes ago, Crypto Dentist said:

"The record we got  didn't come from his coaching it came from the cancers on the team that spread and are still spreading. This is what we dealt with this season. The only word to describe what Coach Harsin doing is chemo."

Cancer dies hard and takes time.

Comparing what Harsin has to do and what kills people daily isn’t a great comparison IMO. I would think some of the players aren’t the right fit.

Jay G Tate claiming the timeline has been moved up.  Should have a decision soon

4 minutes ago, Jaba4ever said:

Soon as in today?

Haven't seen him say anything specific. Believe most initially thought weeks. So sooner could be today or maybe the next couple of days

34 minutes ago, bigbird said:

To me, bad means irreplaceable. Mason did well at times, but he isn't irresponsible IMO

Nobody is irreplaceable. Going into another defense, losing the guys we lost and losing traction with future guys is bad. It's actually bad bad

• Thanks 2

I refuse to believe that Kobe Hudson and JJ were “cancers”. Harsin seems like the type that wouldn’t play a cancer and Kobe played as much as anyone. 

What it sounds like is that a lot of these guys are getting thrown under the bus so there is an excuse for the teams poor performance at the end of the season. When what it ultimately boils down to is Bo Nix went down and Harsin/Bobo didn’t have anyone ready to take his spot.

• Love 1
  • Facepalm 1

18 minutes ago, W.E.D said:

Haven't seen him say anything specific. Believe most initially thought weeks. So sooner could be today or maybe the next couple of days

Gotcha. I've been trying to keep up, but this thing evolved quickly lol. Appreciate the update.

3 hours ago, JDUBB4AU said:

Golf how are you posting GIFs ?? I need to up my “never bringing anything to the board” game 

Right clink-copy image back to my post paste. Easy peasy

John Carroll Lynch Easy Peasy GIF by ABC Network

48 minutes ago, CR said:

Yes please.

Double YES! Look I know the hesitancy and we already have a mess and it doesn't look good hiring a "messy" coach. However, he would address a TON of issues with our football program. He took our former QB who many thought wasn't good just b/c he didn't get any playing time and made him a top NFL draft prospect.

I don't want to see Harsin fired, but if we do...the only coach i want at this point is Hugh. 

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, Jaba4ever said:

Gotcha. I've been trying to keep up, but this thing evolved quickly lol. Appreciate the update.

I agree with no answer when Bo went down. My only addition to this point is It seems as though TJ was their best and only viable option.

13 hours ago, au302 said:

Sure seemed to me like he was passing on blame to others when he'd undress his teammates and even his OC on the sidelines at games. To the point that even tight lipped Harsin publicly said he told him to check it. Agree with the rest of what you said though. He and other players should do what's best for them. 

From the outside - not even knowing what was said - it can be hard to distinguish "passing blame" from leadership.

13 minutes ago, WarEagle1983 said:

Double YES! Look I know the hesitancy and we already have a mess and it doesn't look good hiring a "messy" coach. However, he would address a TON of issues with our football program. He took our former QB who many thought wasn't good just b/c he didn't get any playing time and made him a top NFL draft prospect.

I don't want to see Harsin fired, but if we do...the only coach i want at this point is Hugh. 

If Harsin gets fired, Auburn's problems extend way beyond who to get as his replacement.

• Like 2
  • Love 1

18 minutes ago, WarEagle1983 said:

It's been mentioned multiple times that we were told no about interviews with Freeze. I don't have the article link but that seems to be the case.

57 minutes ago, W.E.D said:

Jay G Tate claiming the timeline has been moved up.  Should have a decision soon

Hoke also speculates decision has been made. He also confirmed Harssin wouldn't come back early from vacay to meet w Gouge.. 

32 minutes ago, AuCivilEng1 said:

I refuse to believe that Kobe Hudson and JJ were “cancers”. Harsin seems like the type that wouldn’t play a cancer and Kobe played as much as anyone. 

What it sounds like is that a lot of these guys are getting thrown under the bus so there is an excuse for the teams poor performance at the end of the season. When what it ultimately boils down to is Bo Nix went down and Harsin/Bobo didn’t have anyone ready to take his spot.

JJ, Kobe and Bo seem to have been the only major loses, pretty much everybody else rarely played.  We traded Bo for 3 Oregon players too. 

15 hours ago, AU-24 said:

Lol; He sure did hire and fire enough assistant coaches for not being able to do it. 😂

Not sure the decision to hire (whomever) was totally in his hands in the first place. 

As for firing - good for him. At some point he has to decide for himself the circumstances in which he is willing to stay. 

In fact, that could be the genesis of the current effort to sabotage him.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, NWALA Tiger said:

Hoke also speculates decision has been made. He also confirmed Harssin wouldn't come back early from vacay to meet w Gouge.. 

Harsin get 12mm.  Mutual parting of ways with no blame on either side.  Bad Marriage.  Everyone's best interest to reduce any further damage to both sides.  Just a guess

Edited by W.E.D

11 minutes ago, homersapien said:

If Harsin gets fired, Auburn's problems extend way beyond who to get as his replacement.

I mean...we all know that. Doesn't escape the fact we still have to go hunting for a competent coach if it happens. All i'm saying is that it's not like we have our pick of the litter at this point if it does happen.