Harsin Drama Megathread

TitanTiger

2 hours ago, DAG said:

Freeze or Aranda. You should not start firing anyone without having a true dang replacement ready. Has Auburn learned nothing ? Muschamp is a terrible head coach. 

If some of the allegations are true, then you have no choice unless you like being sued for large sums of money...

Edited by gctiger

19 minutes ago, DAG said:

I think people really think Auburn is held to high standards outside of the fanbase. A good majority of fanbase already think Auburn is a bunch of cheaters and full of hypocrites. Who cares what others think? Just win . Many people cannot stand CBP, do we care right now?

What a true point. When I try to explain our hiring process and why we would or wouldn't hire someone, my dad usually replies, "I know, I've read your creed."

We, the fanbase and alumni, largely do form our lives around the Creed in some shape, form, or fashion, but the outside world doesn't think like we do.

Saban and Kirby would love for us hire a choir boy that can't recruit. They'd probably be much more concerned if we went and hired a threat that knows his way around the rule book and how to stay one step ahead of it. 

• Like 2

Just now, gr82b4au said:

If this is not JABA I don’t know what is. 

If the salacious rumors are true, it’s not JABA. 

If boosters are creating said rumors to run off Harsin, then your point is correct. 

• Like 5

This is just perfect timing with the new president to be voted in later today too…

I feel like with the media coverage it can’t be but If this ends up being a nothingburger, we basically gave ourselves a black-eye for sh**s n gigs  

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, NWALA Tiger said:

Golf... do u think Harsin is AU coach come this time next Week? 

Things are happening as we speak bout all I can say for the moment. Strange times 

This is such a huge distraction within the entire AD. It wouldn’t surprise me to see the basketball team take a L on the road in Athens tomorrow.

• Sad 1

1 minute ago, wcware said:

This is such a huge distraction within the entire AD. It wouldn’t surprise me to see the basketball team take a L on the road in Athens tomorrow.

Or CBP circles the wagons and the basketball team gets tighter.

2 minutes ago, selias said:

Or CBP circles the wagons and the basketball team gets tighter.

That’s usually not how it works. Any change or distraction to the routine usually causes a decrease in productivity not an increase. We shall see but they aren’t insulated from this.

1 hour ago, AU-24 said:

The right hire can change allot. 

Agree, but when have we last got that right?

2 minutes ago, Gowebb11 said:

Agree, but when have we last got that right?

Every other program at Auburn is doing well. Hell even WBB beat the Lady Vols.

It’s literally this one that’s been a thorn on our side. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, ShocksMyBrain said:

Bruce Pearl. 

Agreed. I was speaking to football. 

6 minutes ago, Bro Johnny Mac said:

Without breaking the rules of this tread that Titan set up...

What are the accusations?

Think Bobby Petrino without the motorcycle wreck (how it started) which now has morphed into verbal abuse of players and coaches according to some beat writers (how its going). 

Then there is the discussion of whether this stuff is true or an organized hit on Harsin by the PTB. 

Stay tuned. 

Edited by AEAugirl
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, AEAugirl said:

Think Bobby Petrino without the motorcycle wreck (how it started) which now has morphed into verbal abuse of players and coaches according to some beat writers (how its going). 

Then there is the discussion of whether this stuff is true or an organized hit on Harsin by the PTB. 

Stay tuned. 

I’ve also heard about the verbal abuse from someone who worked for Gus, and left just a few months into Harsin’s tenure precisely for that verbal abuse. 

• Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, AEAugirl said:

Stay tuned. 

Thanks 👍

18 minutes ago, gr82b4au said:

Unfortunately, this tweet is 100% accurate! We have a lot of PTB that love their power far more than they love Auburn.  That has been and will continue to be the biggest reason we won’t have a consistent winner for the foreseeable future.   🤦‍♂️

1 minute ago, Auburn Tiger said:

I’ve also heard about the verbal abuse from someone who worked for Gus, and left just a few months into Harsin’s tenure precisely for that verbal abuse. 

@passthebiscuits has been adamant for a while now that Harsin wasn’t going to last and was a horrible choice. I guess this is some of the stuff he was referring to

• Like 2