Harsin Drama Megathread

TitanTiger

2 minutes ago, TitanTiger said:

Obviously winning cures all ills, but none of the stuff you mention is a given and we'd be in for several months of being a laughingstock and being held up as a poster child for hypocrisy before one down is played and almost a year before a recruit is signed.

We’d go from a laughing stock to eternal meme. It’d be unreal, but honestly we’re so far crapped at this point I’m not sure we have that much further to fall. 

4 minutes ago, woodford said:

For one year he would work imo 

No and he doesn’t seem like the type to take a stop gap Job anyway 

This is a sad threat.....CBH comes in and after one year this threat is already talking about a new coach....

Why would any coach come to Auburn with this type of crap...  You guys need to take a good long break and look at the optics and understand what this type of crap is doing to Auburn.  I will not throw my support for CBH out the window based on what a bunch of rumors of anything else is stating.  Give the man a chance and just sit back stop with the negative talking...

• Facepalm 1

1 minute ago, gc2525 said:

This is a sad threat.....CBH comes in and after one year this threat is already talking about a new coach....

Why would any coach come to Auburn with this type of crap...  You guys need to take a good long break and look at the optics and understand what this type of crap is doing to Auburn.  I will not throw my support for CBH out the window based on what a bunch of rumors of anything else is stating.  Give the man a chance and just sit back stop with the negative talking...

We’re looking at the optics. That’s why this thread exists. No one wants to believe this is true, but if it is we’re screwed. Speaking of optics, they’re shot already with what has happened since Corn was fired 

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, DAG said:

I think people really think Auburn is held to high standards outside of the fanbase. A good majority of fanbase already think Auburn is a bunch of cheaters and full of hypocrites. Who cares what others think? Just win 

Agreed. Two of the biggest AU faces, Cam and Bruce, have NO love outside of Auburn. 

Just now, GreenTiger said:

Agreed. Two of the biggest AU faces, Cam and Bruce, have NO love outside of Auburn. 

In small pockets outside of Auburn is about it .

2 minutes ago, DAG said:

I think people really think Auburn is held to high standards outside of the fanbase. A good majority of fanbase already think Auburn is a bunch of cheaters and full of hypocrites. Who cares what others think? Just win . Many people cannot stand CBP, do we care right now?

And they’ve thought that for at least a decade. We all knew what they’d say if we hired Freeze after Gus, and we all knew what they’d say if another school hired him instead. And that’s exactly how it unfolded. 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, gc2525 said:

Hypothetically Auburn is trying to fire Harsin for cause.

That would make your entire post really stupid.  We should keep a person doing immoral things while coaching at Auburn.

Maybe you should scan the creed

• Like 3

7 minutes ago, DAG said:

I think people really think Auburn is held to high standards outside of the fanbase. A good majority of fanbase already think Auburn is a bunch of cheaters and full of hypocrites. Who cares what others think? Just win . Many people cannot stand CBP, do we care right now?

It's a very weird self projection.  I think it stems b/c we believe we are such the stark obvious of Bama, whom has to be the worse cheaters possible, so we are the glowing light of morality and good.

It's weird how Bama defines so much of the self worth of the vast majority of our fanbase

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, Win4AU said:

I was on Hok’s Twitter thing and the name that kept popping up was Kevin Steele.  Apparently the guys that wanted him to begin with are beating the drum the loudest to get Harsin booted.

Edit to add he believed Auburn already had someone in the wings so this would be a quick transition and not a drawn out coaching search.

If all of this happens and Steele is hired then I will quit this site and everything Auburn football. This school has far too many meddlers to ever sustain true success in football. This is an 8 win a year school and has been for as long as I can remember. 

1 minute ago, ThurstontheWelshCorgi said:

All the board members that consistently preached "culture change!" "discipline and maturity has arrived and the culture is changing" well . . . 

Looks to be ova for coach 

He changed the culture no doubt. Minus the people from Idaho there, the whole Football Building will celebrate when Harsin is shown the door.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Old fan 47 said:

If all of this happens and Steele is hired then I will quit this site and everything Auburn football. This school has far too many meddlers to ever sustain true success in football. This is an 8 win a year school and has been for as long as I can remember. 

Steele ain't going to be hired I promise that. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 3

23 minutes ago, NWALA Tiger said:

What did she say?

Posting on her Insta stories about rumors, haters, etc and tagging her daughters in it too. 

12 minutes ago, Barnacle said:

Some folks getting dragged through the mud and all over the internet. Not pretty. Feel like this is a real low for Auburn. 

With respect to The Olympics, #1 trending topic in sports on Twitter. #9 Overrall.

Not what expected to wake up to.

41 minutes ago, NWALA Tiger said:

I dont see how this ends well for AU either way. It's being talked about all morning on ESPN. It has to be addressed to mitigate further damage. If rumors true, he will be gone. If not true, he probably gone still. Officials at AU have to get in front of this... Do we even have  PR dept

It will be old news in a month or two

• Like 1