Harsin Drama Megathread

TitanTiger

1 minute ago, JDUBB4AU said:

He has flamed out as a HC. Recruiting would improve no question. I’m not sure I can get behind him as a head coach at AU. Short term maybe as you said . Florida went south and SC did as well. Not a bad thought when your options will be extremely 

I would prefer Champ over Kevin Steele

• Like 3
  • Dislike 1

4 minutes ago, NWALA Tiger said:

If this goes down, Muschamp is my choice. Recruiting is fixed immediately,  could even be long term choice depending on how he does..

Complaining about how inept our offense is with you guys is one of my favorite pastimes, so hiring Champ would allow me to continue the hobby. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

9 minutes ago, AEAugirl said:

All this Harsin drama doesn’t spell good news for ADAG as well…..

You have to think if the PTB are looking to get rid of Harsin before spring ball even starts after one season, Greene is going to go down with that ship as well. 

Package deal IMO. 

3 minutes ago, NWALA Tiger said:

I would prefer Champ over Kevin Steele

So would I but Champ is not walking into this mess

Edited by wcware
  • Like 1

12 minutes ago, AEAugirl said:

All this Harsin drama doesn’t spell good news for ADAG as well…..

You have to think if the PTB are looking to get rid of Harsin before spring ball even starts after one season, Greene is going to go down with that ship as well. 

Greene was already one foot out the door long before this story broke. He’s actually interviewed for other jobs and not been hired.

The General was moved over to the athletic department to babysit/keep an eye on things approximately a calendar year ago.

Edited by AU-24
  • Like 3

9 minutes ago, NWALA Tiger said:

If this goes down, Muschamp is my choice. Recruiting is fixed immediately,  could even be long term choice depending on how he does..

This is why we can’t have nice things 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 4
  • Sad 1

2 minutes ago, AU-24 said:

Greene was already one foot out the door long before this story broke. He’s actually interviewed for other jobs and not been hired.

Yep but was looking like they might let him ride his contract out or either leave on his own for another job when he found one…..this might actually get him fired. Especially with a new President whose hire is imminent.  

1 minute ago, W.E.D said:

I never liked the hire in the first place. I want the guy gone, but this is so sad, I can’t even laugh at the photo.

• Like 1

Just now, AEAugirl said:

Yep but was looking like they might let him ride his contract out or either leave on his own for another job when he found one…..this might actually get him fired. Especially with a new President whose hire is imminent.  

Good point!

1 minute ago, DAG said:

Freeze or Aranda. You should not start firing anyone without having a true dang replacement ready. Has Auburn learned nothing ? Muschamp is a terrible head coach. 

Would love Aranda, but he’s not leaving Baylor before spring ball to take over Auburn’s mess…..not without a contract and commitments that I don’t think Auburn would be ready to give to a coach with two years of HC experience.  He was the hottest name on the coaching carousel this year and didn’t budge. 

4 minutes ago, DAG said:

Freeze or Aranda. You should not start firing anyone without having a true dang replacement ready. Has Auburn learned nothing ? Muschamp is a terrible head coach. 

Wanted Freeze when we fired Gus.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, AEAugirl said:

Would love Aranda, but he’s not leaving Baylor before spring ball to take over Auburn’s mess…..not without a contract and commitments that I don’t think Auburn would be ready to give to a coach with two years of HC experience.  He was the hottest name on the coaching carousel this year and didn’t budge. 

I am not going to say never anymore. People were saying Lincoln Riley would never leave OU. People never thought Brian Kelly would leave ND. Not getting on you , but Auburn folks need to get out of that mindset. For the right price and residuals anyone will leave. 

• Like 6

1 minute ago, Cardin Drake said:

All this story needs now is a mad wife chasing Harsin down and smashing the windows of his SUV with his own golf clubs.

Or a fan throwing a brick through the window of his house 😂

• Haha 2

Just now, AEAugirl said:

Or a fan throwing a brick through the window of his house 😂

Oh Curry. Was it his house or his office?

8 minutes ago, DAG said:

If this happens and we don't get High Freeze, I'll be disappointed.

Bruce got his 2nd chance here and Hugh would work too if he truly has cleaned things up as it appears he has.

• Like 4

5 minutes ago, DAG said:

I am not going to say never anymore. People were saying Lincoln Riley would never leave OU. People never thought Brian Kelly would leave ND. Not getting on you , but Auburn folks need to get out of that mindset. For the right price and residuals anyone will leave. 

They also care about their career, and Aranda has Baylor rolling and just got a raise and extension.  Baylor also has money.  Lots of it.  

In one season Bryan Harsin went from a solid West Coast coach with a high level of success to being on the hot seat after one year. 

It may all be Harsin’s doing…..the PTB may just not like him and are out to make his time as uncomfortable as possible so he starts to tow the line….the truth usually is somewhere in the middle.  Either way, this is going to be a horrible PR look for Auburn AND Harsin.  

Edited by AEAugirl

Honestly I am just going to accept CBH is gone. This seems like some protocol maneuvering . I highly doubt they would even open up an investigation without proof. I truly believe some big wig knew of this and waited to the right time to get this out but whatever . What I want to know is if Auburn have the appropriate response and measures to handle this situation for a new ball coach . Did not seem like they had a suitable plan. I love my guy Flores but they better be like those NFL teams who have their guy already ready to go. 

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, NWALA Tiger said:

I love me some Muschamp....as a defensive coordinator and recruiter and talent evaluator.

But how many times does this guy have to produce poor to mediocre results as a head coach before people stop handing him the keys?

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1