Harsin Drama Megathread

TitanTiger

8 minutes ago, TitanTiger said:

I'm trying to imagine the optics of firing Harsin, if the reason ends up being the rumors circulating out there, and then hiring a guy like Freeze....

We may have to sell ourselves to the devil to get the program to where we actually want it to be.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, AU-24 said:

Totally agree, but if we can’t get anyone else, he would be a step up from what we have now.

Muschamp is a good offensive philosophy away from being a solid HC.  Problem is after two stops he has yet to really show he can manage that side of the ball. 

Recruiting would not be a problem.  Our D would be lights out.  

His success or failure would all be determined by who he hires on the offensive side of the ball.  

Unfortunately he might be the best we could get at this point if this does happen.  A strong coordinator who is looking for redemption. 

• Like 2
  • Dislike 1

1 minute ago, lutzcammed said:

We may have to sell ourselves to the devil to get the program to where we actually want it to be.

Of course . Look at the in fighting going on between Jimbo , Saban and CKS. Jimbo almost snitched on all of them. 

• Haha 1

There is some good information on this over on the donor side FYI.  Even on who is interested in being the next coach.  Out of respect for the site rules, all I will say is you would be happy with who is interested.

I am just ready to be excited for Auburn football again no matter what direction we go.

Edited by abw0004
  • Like 1

Just now, abw0004 said:

There is some good information on this over on the donor side FYI.  Even on who is interested in being the next coach.  Out of respect for the site rules, all I will say is you would be happy with who is interested.

Not the time to start selling bro 

• Love 1
  • Haha 3

Just now, DAG said:

Of course . Look at the in fighting going on between Jimbo , Saban and CKS. Jimbo almost snitched on all of them. 

I wonder if anyone from within the NCAA will approach  Jimbo and ask exactly what he was referring to.

1 minute ago, DAG said:

I heard Nick put the word out that he was still 10 toes down, and snitches still get stitches 

• Haha 3

Just now, lutzcammed said:

I wonder if anyone from within the NCAA will approach  Jimbo and ask exactly what he was referring to.

Right ? I don’t think so lol. I couldn’t believe he said that . I was like wow. 

• Haha 1

15 minutes ago, DAG said:

What I want to know is if Auburn have the appropriate response and measures to handle this situation for a new ball coach.

image.gif.19d9f02c1c0ad3a4b2efecec9bb77f35.gif

• Haha 1

Just now, DAG said:

Not the time to start selling bro 

Probably, although I am also just directing those who have access to go look so we don't end up like the previous deleted thread with bad rumors that can really ruin reputations.

2 minutes ago, DAG said:

We never cheated to get a player. We never paid players to come to our school. “And now that's actually happening. People are making deals with high school players to go to their school.” - Saban

if the dude weren’t so short he would’ve been hit by lightning for that one

• Haha 6

12 minutes ago, TitanTiger said:

From what Jay Tate said last night on his livestream, I think fortunes for Greene at Auburn have turned.  The General came in and seemed to believe that Greene was making the best decisions he could given the parameters he was given at the time, and that he's been able to work with Greene and help him understand how to navigate the competing demands of the job (fiscal responsibility vs making sure we invest in our programs properly).  So Harsin being bounced is not necessarily taking Greene out with him anymore.  Especially on the heels of him locking down Pearl for life and the b'ball facility approvals.

Gen Burgess had a unbelievable career! Made many good people great and average people good etc..

• Like 1

Just now, 1auburn1 said:

We never cheated to get a player. We never paid players to come to our school. “And now that's actually happening. People are making deals with high school players to go to their school.” - Saban

if the dude weren’t so short he would’ve been hit by lightning for that one

Remembering when his athletic trainer was caught paying players out of his pocket. They fired the athletic trainer, and the NCAA slapped the turds on the wrist.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, TitanTiger said:

If this thing continues to have legs for the next couple of days, I start to wonder how Harsin stays even if the rumors aren't true.  Just knowing people would go to such lengths to get rid of you wouldn't make me want to stay. 

Thats what I said last night. I already don't see how this ends in any other way than a parting of ways.

5 minutes ago, lutzcammed said:

They already know.

I just want to be excited for Auburn football again.  I have never been like this in my entire life.  Even in 2012 I was still excited.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Gowebb11 said:

There are 2 possible endings in my opinion:

1. CBH did something really terrible that is tangible and can be proven and he will be fired.

2. Jetgate part 2 is happening and we will again look ridiculous and our program will be very damaged. 

Both of these are equally sad chapters for our program. The difference is in case 1, we can find a coach to come in and start fixing things. If it is #2, or perceived to be #2, good luck finding a high caliber coach to come to AU. Brent Venables recent comments about our program may be more relevant than we care to admit. It is going to be an interesting couple of days to see how it plays out. 

We lose in any and all scenarios with what has transpired in the last 24 hours. Straight sh…t sandwich no matter how you slice this. 

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, DAG said:

Honestly I am just going to accept CBH is gone. This seems like some protocol maneuvering . I highly doubt they would even open up an investigation without proof. I truly believe some big wig knew of this and waited to the right time to get this out but whatever . What I want to know is if Auburn have the appropriate response and measures to handle this situation for a new ball coach . Did not seem like they had a suitable plan. I love my guy Flores but they better be like those NFL teams who have their guy already ready to go. 

Seems to be way too much smoke.

We'd look really dumb otherwise. But let's be real, it's not like that isn't a real possibility 

I was on Hok’s Twitter thing and the name that kept popping up was Kevin Steele.  Apparently the guys that wanted him to begin with are beating the drum the loudest to get Harsin booted.

Edit to add he believed Auburn already had someone in the wings so this would be a quick transition and not a drawn out coaching search.

Edited by Win4AU
  • Sad 1

Just now, GreenTiger said:

We lose in any and all scenarios with what has transpired in the last 24 hours. Straight sh…t sandwich no matter how you slice this. 

The right hire can change allot. 

• Like 1

If this happens and is for cause and can be shown that's the only way I see us surviving in my lifetime. We dont need another story Coach run off. I will admit I was excited to see Coach Harsin get in with the players in the weight room and his ideas to make Auburn football great. I cant deny that I've begun to question Coaches and players leaving and not getting some of the higher rated players. I also have worried about if his personality comming across friendly and outgoing. I will be honest. I wanted Hugh Freeze but I supported this hire. I just pray that this is not a made up hit job and if terminated it's for cause. I love Auburn.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Win4AU said:

I was on Hok’s Twitter thing and the name that kept popping up was Kevin Steele.  Apparently the guys that wanted him to begin with are beating the drum the loudest to get Harsin booted.

Lol

• Haha 1