Harsin Drama Megathread

TitanTiger

4 minutes ago, DAG said:

I am not going to say never anymore. People were saying Lincoln Riley would never leave OU. People never thought Brian Kelly would leave ND. Not getting on you , but Auburn folks need to get out of that mindset. For the right price and residuals anyone will leave. 

When have we ever done that though? All I have to go off of is our history of previous coaching hires.

• Sad 1

Just now, AEAugirl said:

They also care about their career, and Aranda has Baylor rolling and just got a raise and extension.  

In one season Bryan Harsin went from a solid West Coast coach with a high level of success to being on the hot seat after one year. 

It may all be Harsin’s doing…..the PTB may just not like him and are out to make his time as uncomfortable as possible so he starts to tow the line….the truth usually is somewhere in the middle.  Either way, this is going to be a horrible PR look for Auburn AND Harsin.  

Maybe, maybe not. My whole point is that someone is just not going to get up to leave a good situation for a messy one. This past coaching carousel has shown that to not be true. Numbers and commitments talk. Cristobal, Kelly and Riley are prime examples. 

6 minutes ago, Cardin Drake said:

All this story needs now is a mad wife chasing Harsin down and smashing the windows of his SUV with his own golf clubs.

Hey, that news broke on the 2009 Iron Bowl if I recall correctly, the ensuing year was a great one for us. 

7 minutes ago, AU-24 said:

Wanted Freeze when we fired Gus.

I'm trying to imagine the optics of firing Harsin, if the reason ends up being the rumors circulating out there, and then hiring a guy like Freeze....

• Like 5
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 2

1 minute ago, wcware said:

When have we ever done that though? All I have to go off of is our history of previous coaching hires.

Exactly and this will be telling to see what the hell these people are going to do since we are going this route 

4 minutes ago, AU-24 said:

Oh Curry. Was it his house or his office?

It was his office at the complex 🙃.  We are getting personal here on the Plains so I’m thinking any AU bricks would be heaved towards his house 😂

2 minutes ago, TitanTiger said:

I love me some Muschamp....as a defensive coordinator and recruiter and talent evaluator.

But how many times does this guy have to produce poor to mediocre results as a head coach before people stop handing him the keys?

Totally agree, but if we can’t get anyone else, he would be a step up from what we have now.

1 minute ago, DAG said:

Exactly and this will be telling to see what the hell these people are going to do since we are going this route 

I think they are going to hire someone they have total control over. I hope I am wrong 

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, AU-24 said:

Greene was already one foot out the door long before this story broke. He’s actually interviewed for other jobs and not been hired.

The General was moved over to the athletic department to babysit/keep an eye on things approximately a calendar year ago.

From what Jay Tate said last night on his livestream, I think fortunes for Greene at Auburn have turned.  The General came in and seemed to believe that Greene was making the best decisions he could given the parameters he was given at the time, and that he's been able to work with Greene and help him understand how to navigate the competing demands of the job (fiscal responsibility vs making sure we invest in our programs properly).  So Harsin being bounced is not necessarily taking Greene out with him anymore.  Especially on the heels of him locking down Pearl for life and the b'ball facility approvals.

• Like 7

Just now, wcware said:

I think they are going to hire someone they have total control over. I hope I am wrong 

Rhett lashlee lol

• Like 1
  • Dislike 1

3 minutes ago, TitanTiger said:

I'm trying to imagine the optics of firing Harsin, if the reason ends up being the rumors circulating out there, and then hiring a guy like Freeze....

Yes, thought of that. He may be the best available out there though. Take a chance like we did with Bruce Pearl. But again, I understand exactly what you’re saying.

6 minutes ago, AuburnEagle79 said:

If this happens and we don't get High Freeze, I'll be disappointed.

Bruce got his 2nd chance here and Hugh would work too if he truly has cleaned things up as it appears he has.

I like the notion but it’s hard to fire a guy for doing bad stuff and immediately replace him with a guy who has been fired for doing bad stuff. 

• Like 4

3 minutes ago, AEAugirl said:

It was his office at the complex 🙃.  We are getting personal here on the Plains so I’m thinking any AU bricks would be heaved towards his house 😂

Gotcha. You are just one step ahead of me.

Just now, Gowebb11 said:

I like the notion but it’s hard to fire a guy for doing bad stuff and immediately replace him with a guy who has been fired for doing the same bad stuff. 

Fixed.

• Like 2

Just now, wcware said:

Rhett as HC and his first hire is OC Kodi Burns 

We are joking but I would not be the least bit surprised if a ticket like that ran across the screen.

• Haha 3

Just now, TitanTiger said:

Fixed.

Thanks. I’m trying to be as vague as possible out of fear of being banned. 😅

Just now, woodford said:

I would like Muschamp but don’t know. Doesn’t have a great track record. 

Hugh Freeze would be awesome. 

Do not accept Muschamp. Stay away. This is how fans started to project positivity on CKS. “Well, it wouldn’t be so bad.” Yes it would. No Muschamp 

• Like 6

1 minute ago, DAG said:

Do not accept Muschamp. Stay away. This is how fans started to project positivity on CKS. “Well, it wouldn’t be so bad.” Yes it would. No Muschamp 

You don't want a coach who couldn't win at UF.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Can somebody handicap this for me….what are the odds this is real vs a hit job on a coach who people are frustrated with after 14 months?    I saw Bird mention post 50/50 yesterday with regards to CBH being coach at some point - has information changed?   

Note:  first time post for me.  Not an AU grad but I was brought into your family via my sister who married into it.  I love AU.  I follow this program with the same passion as most of you and I hope this is all a bad dream.  WDE