Harsins future

NWALA Tiger

9 minutes ago, Hank2020 said:

Media makes it well known.

Commitments come across the ESPN ticker now. High school all American games are nationally broadcast. Entire sites and social media reporters only cover recruiting. It’s very much in the mainstream spotlight now.

1 hour ago, AUght2win said:

Commitments come across the ESPN ticker now. High school all American games are nationally broadcast. Entire sites and social media reporters only cover recruiting. It’s very much in the mainstream spotlight now.

For college football fans its like the NFL draft. Everyones all in on recruiting, UF ran Mullen because they saw the gap with UGA getting greater by the day.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Next season, lets assume AU wins the three gimme games. Mizzou and MSU will probably be 'pick um". Split those two and we've got 4 wins. Where are three or four more wins going to come from? Three or four upsets?

If Harsin has to win eight next season to stay on, he might as well start packing now. I think if he can somehow win six and have a top 10 recruiting class, he'll get another year. Let the recruiting slip out of the top 20 and finish 4-8 or 5-7 and he's gone.

8 hours ago, Mikey said:

Next season, lets assume AU wins the three gimme games. Mizzou and MSU will probably be 'pick um". Split those two and we've got 4 wins. Where are three or four more wins going to come from? Three or four upsets?

If Harsin has to win eight next season to stay on, he might as well start packing now. I think if he can somehow win six and have a top 10 recruiting class, he'll get another year. Let the recruiting slip out of the top 20 and finish 4-8 or 5-7 and he's gone.

Harsin isn't going anywhere trust me... but I would like to raise you one, are you going to contribute to his buy out ? 

1 minute ago, eaglenest said:

Harsin isn't going anywhere trust me... but I would like to raise you one, are you going to contribute to his buy out ? 

Why should I? Are you? Why should you?

19 minutes ago, eaglenest said:

LOL.. I love it when folks say he's gone if so and so does/doesn't happen. They love spending Yeller Fellers 💰 

• Like 1

21 hours ago, W.E.D said:

Recruiting has to be taken into account. 

If he's 5-7 with a top 10 class and looking to close strong, we can look to the future. 

If we have a poor record and shut out of the loaded Alabama class, we'll have issues.

I think this is correct. The only thing I would add, is that the recruiting success has to be evident at the early signing period. A 5-7 losing record means no bowl game and the season is over with the UA game. If we don't have a big early signing day, I don't think he gets to stay around until the second signing period

15 hours ago, JTFazz said:

He can have the worst recruiting class in the history of collegiate sports, but if he beats Alabama and goes to a decent bowl game, he will stay. Precious few fans outside these internet forums really know enough about recruiting to care one way or another. They only see the scoreboard and record.

LOL - Every fan in this conference has seen first hand examples of the importance of recruiting.  Fans know whether or not a coaching staff has done their job and most know you will not build a championship contender with a load of 3*'s on your roster. 

Look no further than SECCG as proof that recruiting talent is paramount to winning championships and propelling a team to the CFP.  

30 minutes ago, 80Tiger said:

I think this is correct. The only thing I would add, is that the recruiting success has to be evident at the early signing period. A 5-7 losing record means no bowl game and the season is over with the UA game. If we don't have a big early signing day, I don't think he gets to stay around until the second signing period

It's a difficult scenario altogether.  IF the season is over after the IB and the record is 5-7 then rest assured the fanbase and media will have already roasted him for the entire month of Oct & Nov while his team racked up another losing season.  How could he possibly salvage a top 10 recruiting class when he wouldn't have shown any recruit that he's an SEC caliber HC?

To pull a top 10 class he'll have to have a ton of 4*'s and a 5* or two and what highly ranked recruit wants to risk their future on a HC that can't put a winning team on the field?

56 minutes ago, NWALA Tiger said:

LOL.. I love it when folks say he's gone if so and so does/doesn't happen. They love spending Yeller Fellers 💰 

You literally started this thread to elicit these responses. Did you only expect to hear from Jimmy Rane?

• Thanks 1
  • Love 1
  • Haha 2

Saying not to include recruiting is like saying it only matters how the chef makes the best cake and it taste good, but they can't use the ingredients it takes to make the cake.

He needs to win the games he has comparable talent, and play well in the games he loses. And he needs to avoid the moments where he makes the dumbest calls on earth like jump balls to Jackson with a game on the line. Or not rolling out your highly athletic not so accurate QB and stuff like that.

• Like 3

12 hours ago, Mikey said:

I think there are a lot more pick em type games.  Literally every game outside Bama/UGA are winnable games. Aggies are in a tier lower, but they lose a lot and that #1 class isn't going to fill everything.  We'll be a home dog. But not dogs like Bama/UGA.

PSU isn't good and we're at home.

Mizzou is probably better than PSU

LSU lost a lot, but will be better coached and we're at home.  We are ranked above them in ESPN SP+

Ark lost thier best player and we beat them on the road. I'm pretty sure their a good portion of their OL was 6th year Srs and gone too.

Ole Miss on the road is tougher than above...but they did lose a ton of players and Lane complained about being short on players last year. Corral is a huge loss, we'll see how Dart handles a new team and tougher schedule. 

MSU, still don't buy into them. We fix a lot of 2nd half melt downs and don't have a QB playing on a broken ankle for 2.5 quarters that game might be a blow out in 21.

Tl;dr Bama UGA better. Aggies slightly. Everyone else is winnable. Don't think all other games are true upsets.

Well see how well Harsin can coach. If Bo didn't break his ankle, we go 9-4 and everyone is probably thinking 8 or 9 wins again...even with Calzada 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, cbo said:

You literally started this thread to elicit these responses. Did you only expect to hear from Jimmy Rane?

Wrong compadre. Go back and read my post again. Was just interested in what the won/loss record needed to be to take some heat off Harsin . Even mentioned the other stuff as being opinion and subjective.. Can't help it if some folks go off on wild tangents

23 hours ago, woodford said:

They need to win 8 games AND make great strides in recruiting. 

Unless something drastic changes I just don’t see it. Hope I’m wrong. 

Freaking nailed it. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, cole256 said:

Saying not to include recruiting is like saying it only matters how the chef makes the best cake and it taste good, but they can't use the ingredients it takes to make the cake.

He needs to win the games he has comparable talent, and play well in the games he loses. And he needs to avoid the moments where he makes the dumbest calls on earth like jump balls to Jackson with a game on the line. Or not rolling out your highly athletic not so accurate QB and stuff like that.

Go back and reread my post. I said recruiting, staff choices etc play a role in the record. I was simply asking what would the record need to be to take the pressure off Harsin. Try not to over analyze or overthink it.

On 2/23/2022 at 11:37 AM, oracle79 said:

Yeah it is. Who you lose to. How you lose.

This. If he’s sitting with just 7 wins heading into 11/26/22, he better make that loss ultra competitive…meaning a 1-score game. If he loses that one by 21+, and he likely will, he’s toast. 

On the eggshell fragile position he’s in, you cannot end the season getting embarrassed by your rival. 

3 minutes ago, NWALA Tiger said:

Go back and reread my post. I said recruiting, staff choices etc play a role in the record. I was simply asking what would the record need to be to take the pressure off Harsin. Try not to over analyze or overthink it.

You said you didn't want to go into recruiting part. I explained how his success has to be tied in to how he recruits. That's not over thinking. That's pretty basic. Even if he has a good record his success still will be weighed heavily on how he recruits.

1 minute ago, cole256 said:

You said you didn't want to go into recruiting part. I explained how his success has to be tied in to how he recruits. That's not over thinking. That's pretty basic. Even if he has a good record his success still will be weighed heavily on how he recruits.

U still didn't answer the question to my original post.  But ok anyway

1 minute ago, NWALA Tiger said:

U still didn't answer the question to my original post.  But ok anyway

I did but you can't understand. There isn't a win amount alone that can make him successful. But ok 👌🏿

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Viper said:

This. If he’s sitting with just 7 wins heading into 11/26/22, he better make that loss ultra competitive…meaning a 1-score game. If he loses that one by 21+, and he likely will, he’s toast. 

On the eggshell fragile position he’s in, you cannot end the season getting embarrassed by your rival. 

He's not going anywhere at 7-5

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, cole256 said:

I did but you can't understand. There isn't a win amount alone that can make him successful. But ok 👌🏿

Ok so if he goes 10-2 and wins a bowl game. But his 2023 class is ranked 30th. What then, Should he be run off? I'm not talking about a 5 yr plan for sucess. Just what his record needs to be this yr to take heat off

Edited by NWALA Tiger