Harsins future

NWALA Tiger

1 hour ago, NWALA Tiger said:

Boy Howdy, did I strike a nerve. Talk about the pot and kettle Don't be so defensive.. Or better yet, since I'm such an idiot,, don't respond to any of my.posts or dumb questions.. Haven't been on the forum long, buts it's long enuf to see a common denominator on most of the arguments on here . 

Good stuff, be an a hole then call someone else the common denominator. How about just look at this thread and see who is doing what.

You write me much more than I'll ever write you and since you showed up you do your little attitude. But cool we have an understanding you won't talk to me anymore and I won't you. 

Cool

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, DAG said:

So safe for UGA and Alabama, I feel like every game could be a win or toss up. Texas A&M still has not turned that corner just yet to be premier. They did beat Bama, but still remain inconsistent. Last year so many of our games, both wins and losses, could change if one play was or wasn't made. I don't know how we go about fixing that but the coaches and players need to be dialed in for four quarters. I am so sick of the basic plays being missed or coaches not keeping everyone engage for 60 minutes. Next year is essentially backs against the wall, team against the world mantra. I hope they put their big boy pants up and get it done. Big circle on that Penn State game.

You mentioned A&M is not elite.  A team does not have to be elite to beat us.  I feel like next year a team has to be average to have a chance against us.  We were a better team in 2021 than we will be in 2022 and at least 2 average teams beat us in 2021.

• Like 5

11 minutes ago, Carnell said:

You mentioned A&M is not elite.  A team does not have to be elite to beat us.  I feel like next year a team has to be average to have a chance against us.  We were a better team in 2021 than we will be in 2022 and at least 2 average teams beat us in 2021.

Hence why I said it is up in the air. The only two teams I see 100 percent beating us is UGA and Bama 

Edited by DAG
  • Like 1

9 minutes ago, Carnell said:

It'll be interesting.  Another year in the system, another year together for the line, a QB that handles pocket pressure better...

Then again, there are a lot of question marks too. Does a young receiver step up (Fairly easy at that position)? Will a QB take the job? Can we replenish the secondary and Zakoby? 

Like I said, will be interesting

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Viper said:

A 7-win season preceded by a 6-win season? At Auburn? Not on probation?

One of those 7 wins better be over GA or bammer. Which won’t happen. And recruiting better be ranked in the Top 10. Possible. Even those circumstances don’t guarantee him a 3rd season.

Never seen an AU HC survive two consecutive seasons of mediocrity (.500 - .600 regular season records).

I'm not saying I'm happy with it, but if we are 7-5, he's not getting fired. It's year two.

He'll have the hottest of seats in 23

• Like 1

2 hours ago, DAG said:

So safe for UGA and Alabama, I feel like every game could be a win or toss up. Texas A&M still has not turned that corner just yet to be premier. They did beat Bama, but still remain inconsistent. Last year so many of our games, both wins and losses, could change if one play was or wasn't made. I don't know how we go about fixing that but the coaches and players need to be dialed in for four quarters. I am so sick of the basic plays being missed or coaches not keeping everyone engage for 60 minutes. Next year is essentially backs against the wall, team against the world mantra. I hope they put their big boy pants up and get it done. Big circle on that Penn State game.

One quick comment:  

They may not be premier on the field regarding wins and losses.   They have absolutely surpassed Auburn and LSU as a program and that scares me.   I despise Jimbo, but consider their blue chip ratio and NIL performance (pipeline).   Thus their pipeline of talent is more  established and deeper.   That worries the crap out of me.  

I consider TAMU premier and #2 in the west now.  Ole Miss and their ability to land desired recruits (portal and HS kids) is worrisome also (especially portal transfers). 

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Carnell said:

If he hadn't ran off all those guys (Bo, Kobe, Mason, god knows how many others at this point) I would be feeling very good about our chances to go 9-4. It's not our 2021 record I'm angry about. It's about our current trajectory/outlook.

Edited by AUwent
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, Beaker said:

consider TAMU premier and #2 in the west now.  Ole Miss and their ability to land desired recruits (portal and HS kids) is worrisome also (especially portal transfers

They've always had all the resources every school has and can never do anything with them. They went 8-4 last year. 

He'll, they lost to 3 teams we beat. Putting them on on a pedestal is dumb.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, W.E.D said:

I'm not saying I'm happy with it, but if we are 7-5, he's not getting fired. It's year two.

Meet...

1Iff.gif

This December...

giphy-2.49.48-PM.gif

• Sad 1

5 hours ago, W.E.D said:

They've always had all the resources every school has and can never do anything with them. They went 8-4 last year. 

Yeah that’s where I am at. All the talent in the world and can’t get over the hump. I need to see it first 

• Like 1

The reality is that if they weren't wiling to fork up the buyout now, then they aren't touching him for another couple years barring a 2012 like season where they have no choice. The notion that he has to win 9 games or he's fired is silly. Between salary and buyout it would still be the same amount in December than if they forked it up two weeks ago, lol.

There was a power struggle, they went for his throat, missed badly, and weren't willing to fix it by paying up. Everyone lost, but he won the battle. He may bolt for another job, but for better or worse he's here

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

7 hours ago, au302 said:

There was a power struggle, they went for his throat, missed badly, and weren't willing to fix it by paying up. Everyone lost, but he won the battle. He may bolt for another job, but for better or worse he's here

I don't think that's what actually happened.  I think there really was a mandatory investigation triggered by what was said during one of the departing staff member's exit interviews—actually, that part has actually been confirmed. 

I think that "insiders" (employees who thought they knew what was going on but really didn't) had been hearing rumors about the assistant for some time and assumed that her relationship with Harsin is what the investigation was about.  They told two friends, they told two friends, etc., and some of those people decided to go to social media with their "inside knowledge."

I don't think this was ever about any boosters looking for a way to fire Harsin with cause.  None of what is actually known supports that theory as far as I know.  The theory that fits the facts that are known IMO is that there was an investigation triggered by an HR interview, people assumed it was about an improper relationship between the coach and an assistant, they posted it on social media, everyone who read it immediately jumped to the conclusion that it was a coup on the part of boosters to fire Harsin without paying a buyout but it really wasn't, and the mandatory investigation (which would have also been something that no one could have commented on) eventually ran it's course with no findings.

However, because all of that ended up being public knowledge and became salacious along the way, Harsin is basically a lame duck coach right now.  If this fades away in six months, he may survive.  And it might.

But if the idiot color guys are doing recaps of the story before every game this fall and recruiting continues to suck and we still can't keep or hire assistant coaches by this time next year and we're still losing more than we're gaining from the portal, I have zero doubt in my mind that a change will be made.

This is not a "failed-coup Jetgate" situation in which the coach has all of this political protection now.  IMO.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 1

He'll have to win at least 7 I think.  He also needs to show something tangible that his plan to build a winning program is actually working.  The two places he's been before he inherited good programs that he only had to manage, not rebuild.

We spent over $30 million to fire the last staff that was averaging 8 wins a season and had some big wins notched.  The idea that we bring in a new staff that isn't capable of that is a failure without question.  It depends on where the wins are and decisions made in games. 

That said, go 6-7 again and they are gone.  To hell what anybody thinks on Finebaum.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

3 hours ago, LeonardAU said:

He'll have to win at least 7 I think.  He also needs to show something tangible that his plan to build a winning program is actually working.  The two places he's been before he inherited good programs that he only had to manage, not rebuild.

Auburn was not a rebuild either.  Auburn was such a step up that he couldn't simply manage and get by.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2
  • Facepalm 1
  • Dislike 1

1 hour ago, bigbird said:

What?!?

In what world was it not?

In the world where Arkansas was a rebuild.  We had a top 20 roster when Harsin took over.  That is fact. There is no real way to call that a rebuild.  That doesn't mean that we didn't have any deficiencies, but a rebuild?  No.

• Like 2
  • Dislike 1

22 hours ago, W.E.D said:

It’s not like they landed the greatest class in recruiting history despite dink’s and kirb’s historic runs of recruits.

Maybe Harsin can shed the PTB target on his back by getting on board like that.

23 hours ago, W.E.D said:

Not to sling mud, but they have never had the number one class, nor consistently in the top 10.   They were 6th last yr.  And 4th in 2019...That is a pipeline of talent and they have a significant bluechip to recruit ratio to the likes they have NEVER had.   

Your point about them have not won anything in 50 yrs is valid.   But the same can be said about those first couple of Dye teams (haven't won anything since '57).  But the pendulum was swinging with talent and how the program was changing.  Same at TAMU now.   And Fisher does know how to coach - he outcoached our last coach 2 yrs ago when the talent was probably even (or we had the advantage). ..the pendulum has swung in their favor in a big way.  Their "program" and the pieces they are assembling is what is alarming.   This what I am saying.

honestly, I HOPE I AM WRONG, and Fisher implodes somehow.  If he wasn't yelling at Calzada every series or didn't get eaten up by the injury bug, they could have easily been in ATL. 

Now, since I am talking about programs taking huge steps forward - Ole Miss has killed it in the transfer portal and concerns me also.  

The SEC-W is changing rapidly.  

On 2/24/2022 at 3:41 PM, milehighfan said:

Possible but not probable. Highly improbable.

Honestly not even possible. No person in their right mind will or would predict us to even win our own division, much less the SEC. Fun to think about and if this was a joking post, my apologies. I hope for competitiveness and maybe 7/5 before a bowl invite. If that happens, I think Harsin is worth it. 

• Like 1

On 2/23/2022 at 12:40 PM, Sizzle said:

If he’s hovering around .500 again and recruiting ranks is around 30 and below going into the end of the season then he won’t be here too much longer after that

youre-fired-vince-mc-mahon.gif