Harsins future

NWALA Tiger

What will Harsins record need to be this coming year for people to say he is the right man for the job? I'm not wanting to go into the recruiting aspect, the assistant  coaches,  culture etc.. Just won/ loss record.. Those things play a part in what his won/ loss record is. But IMO his record is what will determine his fate. Everything else is opinion based and subjective. So , let's talk won/ loss record.. What does it need to be in 2022

i think with all the mess surrounding harsin he has a while to get it right. if they fired him after his second year we drudge all that mess back up again. i just want to see improvement and a winning record realistically but i always want at least a ten win season. thats my take.

• Like 1
  • Dislike 1

He needs an 8 win regular season with a strong showing in October-November in every single game + a bowl win for me to believe he's got what it takes to compete in this conference. 

None of that mamby pamby wilting to end the season on the skids like last year.  

• Like 1

Recruiting has to be taken into account. 

If he's 5-7 with a top 10 class and looking to close strong, we can look to the future. 

If we have a poor record and shut out of the loaded Alabama class, we'll have issues.

• Like 7

1 minute ago, NWALA Tiger said:

No its really not. Barring a NCAA scandal

Disagree, recruiting is the life blood of college sports. If Harsin has 10 wins and signs a recruiting class in the 30s what does that mean? Is he the right man for the job in that scenario? I would say jury is still out. 

But if only looking at record....8 to 9 wins would get me to the point of saying there would be a chance he will make it past his original contract terms. 

• Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, NWALA Tiger said:

No its really not. Barring a NCAA scandal

Yeah it is. Who you lose to. How you lose. Who you beat. How you win. How you start and how you finish. Recruiting, transfer portal, team cohesion and attitude and player buy in. How does the future look, etc. If the mystical PTB keep or fire him based solely on wins/losses they're morons. (Wait, maybe you are right)

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, gravejd said:

Disagree, recruiting is the life blood of college sports. If Harsin has 10 wins and signs a recruiting class in the 30s what does that mean? Is he the right man for the job in that scenario? I would say jury is still out. 

But if only looking at record....8 to 9 wins would get me to the point of saying there would be a chance he will make it past his original contract terms. 

Give me avg 10 wins . If recruiting is 30s Harsin is a hellva coach

2 minutes ago, oracle79 said:

Yeah it is. Who you lose to. How you lose. Who you beat. How you win. How you start and how you finish. Recruiting, transfer portal, team cohesion and attitude and player buy in. How does the future look, etc. If the mystical PTB keep or fire him based solely on wins/losses they're morons. (Wait, maybe you are right)

All that u mentioned is opinions 

1 minute ago, NWALA Tiger said:

Give me avg 10 wins . If recruiting is 30s Harsin is a hellva coach

Well yeah he can recruit in the 50s for all i care if he can average 10 wins a season. My point is that a 10 win season with a recruiting class in the 30s mean you probably aren't going to be averaging 10 wins for long. 

• Thanks 1

Something to think about: Every single SEC-title winning coach since 2000 has produced a 9-win season by year two. The only ones who haven't gotten to 10 wins or more by year two are Tubs (Year 6) and Ed Orgeron (Year 3). The last coach to win the SEC without winning at least 9 games by year two was Mike Dubose. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

27 minutes ago, oracle79 said:

It's about a lot more than just the record.

Not a win/loss thing for me either, but the product on the field is certainly indicative of any progress being made in the program.    Recruiting is HUGE HUGE HUGE!!!!   He’s gotta give us some confidence that win can win our share of battles with the big boys! Team cohesiveness across the board is another factor.  Coaches, players, staff, etc.   on the same page.   With his guys in place at the coordinator spots, we should see more consistency with schemes.  I’m not worried about the physical aspect of player development.   I think CBH and staff are good there.  

• Like 1

6-7 wins with noticeable improvement on the field gets another year.   Solid quarterback/receiver play might bring us to 8 wins and that would be a great accomplishment and hopefully get everyone on the same page going forward.

We don't have many position groups in even the top half of the sec. I see it being very hard for harsins to pull out a winning season. Unless he somehow figures out how to recruit and we end up with a  top 10 class, i don't see Harsin surviving

• Thanks 1

It’s 2 sides he’s got to worry about. Performance on the field and recruiting. If he’s hovering around .500 again and recruiting ranks is around 30 and below going into the end of the season then he won’t be here too much longer after that

7+ wins in *REGULAR SEASON*. I think this is vitally important. If he goes 6-6 again, I don’t think he gets a shot at the bowl. 

We also have to show strong recruiting improvement and Harsin has to form cohesion with the program and fans. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1