Harsins future

NWALA Tiger

Just now, NWALA Tiger said:

Ok so if he goes 10-2 and wins a bowl game. But his 2023 class is ranked 30th. What then?

He'll be the coach next season and when that class starts being relied on he'll have a terrible record and then a bunch of you will be saying he could win if he players that can play and you'll be making this post again

2 minutes ago, NWALA Tiger said:

Thanks WED.. that was the kinda answer,  I was looking for

On 2/23/2022 at 11:12 AM, W.E.D said:

Recruiting has to be taken into account. 

If he's 5-7 with a top 10 class and looking to close strong, we can look to the future. 

If we have a poor record and shut out of the loaded Alabama class, we'll have issues.

This is his first answer. Pretty much the same as mine and many people have agreed......

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, cole256 said:

He'll be the coach next season and when that class starts being relied on he'll have a terrible record and then a bunch of you will be saying he could win if he players that can play and you'll be making this post again

U just don't wanna go on record .. That's fine.  Just respond and say I DONT KNOW

1 minute ago, NWALA Tiger said:

U just don't wanna go on record .. That's fine.  Just respond and say I DONT KNOW

You can say that and believe it or you can just see how people don't believe there is a record by itself that would stamp him as the guy. 

People believe that the guy also have to be successful at recruiting......or maybe you legit can't comprehend that, idk

2 minutes ago, NWALA Tiger said:

He gave a record 7-5

His first answer he did not. His first answer is what I literally quoted, so you can't argue that since it's literally a direct quote

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, cole256 said:

His first answer he did not. His first answer is what I literally quoted, so you can't argue that since it's literally a direct quote

Ok I apologize for not stating my original post in a way that u could understand my question.  My bad

Edited by NWALA Tiger

10 minutes ago, NWALA Tiger said:

Thanks WED.. that was the kinda answer,  I was looking for

He's not going to be in a good position and will probably be on the hotest of hot seats in 23 and 23 looks really bad talent wise 

2 minutes ago, W.E.D said:

I gave 5-7 first 

Yeah. I was simply asking the board what record would take some heat off Harsin.. And as usual some folks had to go all WAR AND PEACE  on me, instead of giving a record and why they felt that was the record that was needed. Thanks for your take.

15 minutes ago, W.E.D said:

I gave 5-7 first 

Apparently saying you don't think there's a record that will do that means you don't understand lol

• Haha 1

What's hilarious is how literally 4 different people said what I said but I get the a**hole energy 😂

Don't be so sensitive.  U don't wanna give a record . That's cool. Probably because if u do give a record and Harsin actually meets that or exceeds it you won't be able to get on here and hoop and holler that Harsin needs to go.

1 minute ago, NWALA Tiger said:

Don't be so sensitive.  U don't wanna give a record . That's cool. Probably because if u do give a record and Harsin actually meets that or exceeds it you won't be able to get on here and hoop and holler that Harsin needs to go.

Now you're just an idiot. I'm the guy who has preached to give him time to see what he can do. 

And if anybody is sensitive it's you, you don't want to hear anybody's opinion unless they stay in the confines of a dumb question. 

It's sad how you can't seem to comprehend that recruiting is vital to football......but I actually won't believe that. I think you are so set in your mind to have Harsin's baby that you feel to acknowledge reality that he needs to do better on that front in your brain you think that means you don't support him.

News flash there are people on here that can be objective and don't necessarily have to pick a "side" there are many of us who don't think there's a side to pick

• Love 1

So safe for UGA and Alabama, I feel like every game could be a win or toss up. Texas A&M still has not turned that corner just yet to be premier. They did beat Bama, but still remain inconsistent. Last year so many of our games, both wins and losses, could change if one play was or wasn't made. I don't know how we go about fixing that but the coaches and players need to be dialed in for four quarters. I am so sick of the basic plays being missed or coaches not keeping everyone engage for 60 minutes. Next year is essentially backs against the wall, team against the world mantra. I hope they put their big boy pants up and get it done. Big circle on that Penn State game.

Edited by DAG
  • Like 3

7 minutes ago, DAG said:

So safe for UGA and Alabama, I feel like every game could be a win or toss up. Texas A&M still has not turned that corner just yet to premier. They did beat Bama, but still remain inconsistent. Last year so many of our games, both wins and losses, could change if one play was or wasn't made. I don't know how we go about fixing that but the coaches and players need to be dialed in for four quarters. I am so sick of the basic plays being missed or coaches not keeping everyone engage for 60 minutes. Next year is essentially backs against the wall, team against the world mantra. I hope they put their big boy pants up and get it done. Big circle on that Penn State game.

That's what make our situation somewhat interesting......looking back there's stuff from the coach and players that were bad. Eventually we'll have new players because of the cycle.....we need to find out do we have the right coach it seems.

That call at the end of the Penn st game was unbelievable.

Edited by cole256
  • Like 1

That's what make our situation somewhat interesting......looking back there's stuff from the coach and players that were bad. Eventually we'll have new players because of the cycle.....we need to find out do we have the right coach it seems 

Absolutely. I also hope the coaching staff broaden their prospects level. I am thinking they need to go all Butch Jones initially and build up on some guys who are overlooked in recruiting. I know that will piss of the star gazers but in order to build rapport and respect among the local coaches this could be a great opportunity. I hate how many Montgomery guys go to schools like Mississippi State or Ole miss and show out because they were overlooked by Auburn or Bama.

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, cole256 said:

Now you're just an idiot. I'm the guy who has preached to give him time to see what he can do. 

And if anybody is sensitive it's you, you don't want to hear anybody's opinion unless they stay in the confines of a dumb question. 

It's sad how you can't seem to comprehend that recruiting is vital to football......but I actually won't believe that. I think you are so set in your mind to have Harsin's baby that you feel to acknowledge reality that he needs to do better on that front in your brain you think that means you don't support him.

News flash there are people on here that can be objective and don't necessarily have to pick a "side" there are many of us who don't think there's a side to pick

Boy Howdy, did I strike a nerve. Talk about the pot and kettle Don't be so defensive.. Or better yet, since I'm such an idiot,, don't respond to any of my.posts or dumb questions.. Haven't been on the forum long, buts it's long enuf to see a common denominator on most of the arguments on here . 

Edited by NWALA Tiger
  • Like 1

9 minutes ago, cole256 said:

That call at the end of the Penn st game was unbelievable.

Overthinking. Kind of like 4&1 against USCe and doing a play action pass with a 6'7 qb...

• Like 1

8-4 ….the way the schedule sets up Auburn could be 5-0 after the LSU game before hitting the road for the first time against UGA. In order for this season to be successful - Auburn has to take advantage of the first 5 at home. 

1 hour ago, W.E.D said:

He's not going anywhere at 7-5

A 7-win season preceded by a 6-win season? At Auburn? Not on probation?

One of those 7 wins better be over GA or bammer. Which won’t happen. And recruiting better be ranked in the Top 10. Possible. Even those circumstances don’t guarantee him a 3rd season.

Never seen an AU HC survive two consecutive seasons of mediocrity (.500 - .600 regular season records).