Let's Project the 2022-23 Starting Lineup

Zeek

Let's guess what we think the starting lineup will look like. Obviously injuries and other factors will change who starts in the spring game vs he actual season. I'm wanting to discuss what the starting lineup will look like game one of the season.

QB - Zach Calzada

RB - Tank & Hunter

TE - Shenker 

WR - Shedrick / Ja'Varrius / Capers

LT - Zierer

LG - Council

C - Brahms

RG - Keiondre

RT - Troxell

DL - Wooden / M'ba / Burks / Hall & Leota

LB - Pappoe & Riley

Nickel - Kaufman

CB - Simpson & Torrence

S - Puckett & Gilbert

K - McPherson

P - Chapman

Thoughts?

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, gravejd said:

Jeremiah Wright got moved to the OL from DL. I'd bet on him starting somewhere across the OL. 

Would you agree that if he is not starting, that it was a mistake to move him to the OL? 

41 minutes ago, maryland tiger said:

Would you agree that if he is not starting, that it was a mistake to move him to the OL? 

Most definitely. 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, gravejd said:

Jeremiah Wright got moved to the OL from DL. I'd bet on him starting somewhere across the OL. 

Depends not only on this year but next year when all the super seniors are gone.  For the young man I don't like the fact that he has been  moved from O to D where he looked really good before Injury and then back to O. It will affect his development but with the dearth of young O-linemen I can understand why they did it

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Zeek said:

Let's guess what we think the starting lineup will look like. Obviously injuries and other factors will change who starts in the spring game vs he actual season. I'm wanting to discuss what the starting lineup will look like game one of the season.

QB - Zach Calzada

RB - Tank & Hunter

TE - Shenker 

LT - Zierer

LG - Council

C - Brahms

RG - Keiondre

RT - Troxell

LB - Pappoe & Riley

Nickel - Kaufman

CB - Simpson & Torrence

S - Puckett & Gilbert

K - McPherson

P - Chapman

Thoughts?

I believe Carlson will be back. Am I wrong?

• Like 1

2 hours ago, caking said:

I believe Carlson will be back. Am I wrong?

Yeah he’s returning 

8 minutes ago, woodford said:

Is there anyone with some insider info that knows if we will be getting any OL help in the portal?

After spring practice 

Not even trying to be negative but there ain’t too many names on that list that excite me 😐. The RB’s are obviously good. Wooden is going to be good and consistent like always. M’ba isn’t practicing yet but he could be fun. But other than that...........

QB - Ashford/DD

RB - Tank & Hunter

TE - Shenker/Deal

WR - Shedrick/ Ja'Varrius / Dawson/King

LT - Zierer

LG - Council

C - Brahms

RG - Keiondre

RT - Troxell

DL - Wooden/Jones/Harris/Hall & Leota

LB - Pappoe & Asante

Nickel - Zion

CB - Simpson & DJ James

S - Pritchett & Gilbert

K - McPherson

P - Chapman

The secondary has a lot of weapons. There are a lot of combinations I like there. To me, if Zion didn't lose a step with his weight gain, then he is the perfect hybrid to play nickel.  I like Pritchett's speed and hips at safety.

• Like 5

2 hours ago, woodford said:

Is there anyone with some insider info that knows if we will be getting any OL help in the portal?

It'll be a failure if we don't. 

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Zeek said:

QB - Zach Calzada

RB - Tank & Hunter

TE - Shenker 

LT - Zierer

LG - Council

C - Brahms

RG - Keiondre

RT - Troxell

LB - Pappoe & Riley

Nickel - Kaufman

CB - Simpson & Torrence

S - Puckett & Gilbert

K - McPherson

P - Chapman

Thoughts?

Sleeping on M. Harris? He had a really good season last year...It will be a welcome surprise to me if M'Ba or Jones beats him out of a spot then we will have a a really good DL rotation.

• Like 1

The QB who starts the season doesn't make it past the half way point. 

Season end sees either Ashford strictly for his running ability and to mostly abandon a true passing game or Geriner as a he's the future, why not we already suck mentality. 

Barring some crazy off-season shenanigans in the portal, i don't see our WR room being very efficient even when the line and QB does their job. 

• Facepalm 1

5 minutes ago, GunsmithAU said:

Barring some crazy off-season shenanigans in the portal, i don't see our WR room being very efficient even when the line and QB does their job. 

IF the Ark State WR can play in the SEC and contribute immediately.  I think we should have an OK and good enough core of Rucker/Ja Johnson/Shed/Dawson and maybe some help from one of Capers/Evans/Fair, then throw in 3 pretty solid receiving TEs.

None of these guys are true #1 type WRs that are going to go in the 1st round of the NFL draft, but they have enough talent to be successful in the SEC

Edited by W.E.D

4 minutes ago, JDUBB4AU said:

Some starters may not even be at AU yet. 

Outside maybe WR, I don't see a spot where we'll add a starter.  I'd love to see OL kids take over, but 1/ that's a lot to catch up on in just fall camp and 2/ I don't see an influx of starter level talent hitting in the spring portal.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, JDUBB4AU said:

Some starters may not even be at AU yet. 

Hopefully. Auburn should be selling itself as a very lucrative spot for any transfer. A lot of the roster spots are up for grabs. 

We could use veterans up front and at WR. 

• Like 2

Sawyer Pate just may be the darkhorse to be QB2....better dig a little and go back to his HS film.  Don't sleep on this guy.  

Just sayin'

-  it's that time of year to have a little fun.  

On 3/22/2022 at 10:35 AM, maryland tiger said:

Maybe the mistake was moving him to DL, didn’t he start out an OL?

• Like 1