Hanoi Jane is at it again

Jane Fonda to Oppose Iraq War on Bus Tour

SANTA FE, N.M. - Actress and activist    Jane Fonda says she intends to take a cross-country bus tour to call for an end to U.S. military operations in Iraq.

"I can't go into any detail except to say that it's going to be pretty exciting," she said.

Fonda said her anti-war tour in March will use a bus that runs on "vegetable oil." She will be joined by families of Iraq war veterans and her daughter.

They plan to return to the Santa Fe area, where she was promoting her book, "My Life So Far" on Saturday.

Prompted by a question from the audience, Fonda said war veterans that she has met on a nationwide book tour have encouraged her to break her silence on the Iraq war.

"I've decided I'm coming out," she said.

Hundreds of people in the audience cheered loudly when Fonda announced her intentions to join the anti-Iraq war movement.

"I have not taken a stand on any war since Vietnam," she said. "I carry a lot of baggage from that."

Fonda incited controversy in July 1972 when she was photographed sitting on a North Vietnamese anti-aircraft gun while on a tour of the country to drum up support to end the war.

Link

It seems that her latest book isn't doing all that well. This is most likely a publicity stunt to give her sales a boost. I wonder if she'll take it as far this time as to hold a RPG launcher while standing beside Zarqawi himself or even witness a beheading?

Jane Fonda to Oppose Iraq War on Bus Tour

SANTA FE, N.M. - Actress and activist     Jane Fonda says she intends to take a cross-country bus tour to call for an end to U.S. military operations in Iraq.

"I can't go into any detail except to say that it's going to be pretty exciting," she said.

Fonda said her anti-war tour in March will use a bus that runs on "vegetable oil." She will be joined by families of Iraq war veterans and her daughter.

They plan to return to the Santa Fe area, where she was promoting her book, "My Life So Far" on Saturday.

Prompted by a question from the audience, Fonda said war veterans that she has met on a nationwide book tour have encouraged her to break her silence on the Iraq war.

"I've decided I'm coming out," she said.

Hundreds of people in the audience cheered loudly when Fonda announced her intentions to join the anti-Iraq war movement.

"I have not taken a stand on any war since Vietnam," she said. "I carry a lot of baggage from that."

Fonda incited controversy in July 1972 when she was photographed sitting on a North Vietnamese anti-aircraft gun while on a tour of the country to drum up support to end the war.

Link

It seems that her latest book isn't doing all that well. This is most likely a publicity stunt to give her sales a boost. I wonder if she'll take it as far this time as to hold a RPG launcher while standing beside Zarqawi himself or even witness a beheading?

170516[/snapback]

No, the issue is that there is no issue to begin with. Why even mention it at all? Can't we (as a nation) have just 1 week where there is no allegation of conspiracy or insinuation of wrongdoing? Life is too short, let's take the time to stop and smell a rose once in a while.

170509[/snapback]

You're right, TexasTiger. I'm sure she has nothing but the purest of intentions here. How stupid of me to forecast her motive based on her past behavior.

Jihad Jane gave a half hearted apology to Vietnam Vets for her antics, such as sitting on an NVA anti-aircraft gun, and smiling for the camera back in the day. This was just prior to her book release. Some bought her 'act', others said they saw right through it. Now we know those who fell into the latter catagory were dead on right. She's not changed her stripes, and never will.

I'm still scratching my head over this bit:

There's military veterans who not only get anywhere close to Jane Fonda, but encourage her?

Were they kidding or something, and she just couldn't tell?

You're right, TexasTiger. I'm sure she has nothing but the purest of intentions here. How stupid of me to forecast her motive based on her past behavior.

170553[/snapback]

Once again, you're responding to something I never said. I think you may be right about the book promotion. I had the same thought. I was just pointing out how hypocritical you were with this sentiment:

Can't we (as a nation) have just 1 week where there is no allegation of conspiracy or insinuation of wrongdoing?

A washed-up actress with low book sales deserves our scrutiny, but someone wanting a lifetime appointment to make decisions over all our lives doesn't? :blink: :huh:

I'm still scratching my head over this bit:

There's military veterans who not only get anywhere close to Jane Fonda, but encourage her?

Were they kidding or something, and she just couldn't tell?

170685[/snapback]

Maybe it was John Kerry??? :blink:

Once again, you're responding to something I never said.  I think you may be right about the book promotion.  I had the same thought.  I was just pointing out how hypocritical you were with this sentiment:

A washed-up actress with low book sales deserves our scrutiny, but someone wanting a lifetime appointment to make decisions over all our lives doesn't?  :blink:   :huh:

170734[/snapback]

I see nothing hypocritical about my statement at all. There is a HUGE difference in the issue of Roberts and Fonda. Certain people are getting their dandruff stirred up because of a fear that Judge Roberts may have been a member of the Federalist Society. These same people find it perfectly acceptable to have Judge Ginsburg on the bench, given her deep involvement in the communist leaning ACLU. That smacks more of hypocrisy than the vision of a traitor sitting in the seat of an enemy anti-aircraft weapon.

I don't think Jihad Jane deserves any scrutiny. I just find it funny that she is complaining about people not getting over her traitorous activities during the Vietnam war, yet she decides to go down the same road that brought her the "baggage" she abhors.

Personally, I wish her the best of luck. The anti-war crowd couldn't have a better spokeperson in my opinion. :cheers: Here's hoping her VW van never runs out of vegetable oil!

Once again, you're responding to something I never said.  I think you may be right about the book promotion.  I had the same thought.   I was just pointing out how hypocritical you were with this sentiment:

A washed-up actress with low book sales deserves our scrutiny, but someone wanting a lifetime appointment to make decisions over all our lives doesn't?   :blink:   :huh:

170734[/snapback]

I see nothing hypocritical about my statement at all. There is a HUGE difference in the issue of Roberts and Fonda. Certain people are getting their dandruff stirred up because of a fear that Judge Roberts may have been a member of the Federalist Society. These same people find it perfectly acceptable to have Judge Ginsburg on the bench, given her deep involvement in the communist leaning ACLU. That smacks more of hypocrisy than the vision of a traitor sitting in the seat of an enemy anti-aircraft weapon.

170799[/snapback]

I'm shocked that you fail to see the hypocrisy. :o;)

I'm not sure if you miss the point or are just intentionally ignoring it. If the article had just been about him being in the Federalist Society, I wouldn't have posted it. If Ginsburn had denied being int the ACLU, that would be the same thing. I think a nominee or candidate who was in a group needs to either explain how they no longer align themselves with that group, if that is indeed the case, or tell us why they believe in the principles of that group. If you are in the ACLU, tell us why you are a proud member. Same thing for the Federalist Society.

As long as that person in not in the Klan or NAMBLA I don't see what the big deal is. Why is it even an issue?

If Judge Roberts were a scout master, would the press demand he explain exactly why he is a scout master as a precept for him sitting on the supreme court bench?

As long as that person in not in the Klan or NAMBLA I don't see what the big deal is. Why is it even an issue?

If Judge Roberts were a scout master, would the press demand he explain exactly why he is a scout master as a precept for him sitting on the supreme court bench?

170842[/snapback]

Probably only if he denied it and insisted on corrections in the press when the records showed he was on the steering committee.

170842[/snapback]

The Boy Scouts???? Surely you don't mean that subversive organization that the ACLU, the Gay lobby and activist and the Democrats don't like, do you?

Sorry hoss, I just don't see what the hub-bub is all about. The man says he didn't know he was on the steering committee, another gentleman said he didn't know he was on the steering committee......what does this have to do with sitting on the supreme court? Nothing as far as I can see. I gave Ginsburg a pass for her ACLU ties, and I think somehow I will be able to get past this Federalist Society black eye <_<

This still doesn't change the fact that Jane Fonda is a lying, filthy traitor and using this war (or struggle ;) ) in an opportunistic manner to boost her book sales.

170842[/snapback]

The Boy Scouts???? Surely you don't mean that subversive organization that the ACLU, the Gay lobby and activist and the Democrats don't like, do you?

170870[/snapback]

:roflol: You're right...the scouts are too baseball, apple pie, and chevrolet for the libbies. The press would be on him worse than they are now were he affiliated with that group of nogoodniks.

Just when a whole generation of americans were thinking of giving her a pass on past indescretions, she does this. She now has blown what little credibilty she has earned back.

I guess some folks just want to go out being flushed down a toilet instead of peacefully soaring off.

TIS, your thread title is:

"Hanoi Jane is at it again, Will she now be called "Fallujah Fonda"?"

It seems to me the big difference is MS. Fonda actually went to North Vietnam and the NV's were more than willing to use her in their propaganda efforts.

The insurgents in Iraq on the other hand cut people's heads off. I don't think you will see Janie in Iraq any time soon for any reason. She will be happy to use the VW for her book tour. But even taking that thought further, I would be willing to bet she does not make the entire ride in the VW van, but will use it for photo ops. Most other times she will be riding in the limo.

TIS, your thread title is:
"Hanoi Jane is at it again, Will she now be called "Fallujah Fonda"?"

It seems to me the big difference is MS. Fonda actually went to North Vietnam and the NV's were more than willing to use her in their propaganda efforts.

The insurgents in Iraq on the other hand cut people's heads off. I don't think you will see Janie in Iraq any time soon for any reason. She will be happy to use the VW for her book tour. But even taking that thought further, I would be willing to bet she does not make the entire ride in the VW van, but will use it for photo ops. Most other times she will be riding in the limo.

170992[/snapback]

I seem to recall the Cong killed people in nasty ways, too. You think maybe the Islamic militants wouldn't mind having a famous American woman running around with them talking about how bad America is, to anyone who will listen?

On the other hand, Islamic militants are fascists about women, and want them to be barefoot, pregnant, subservient and covered up from head to toe. Seems to me a feminist American Hollywood star who shows her body off in movies and inspires women to build muscles and mouth off ought to be worthy of a death sentence in their book. Come to think of it, the more I learn about fundamentalist Islam, the more it baffles me that Fonda or any feminist would go making excuses for them.

I believe the correct term would be "Useful Idiot". Christiane Amanpour has been used in this manner by the likes of the Taliban ans Saddam's regime. I could honestly see these murderers taking advantage of this and exploiting Jihad Jane's star power with the media. They'd give her a pass I'm sure, and she wouldn't endure the usual guest treatment of Zarqawi's gang.

You are right on the money, Tiger in Spain. Poor OLD jane is simply a dinosaur of the radical 60's leftist. She would be better off to continue her recent string of B movies and leave the politics to someone who has a clue.

Exactly, just like Rather, Ted, Kerry, every Judge in CA and NY, ad infinitum, and the other 60's "if only the world was as wonderful as I am hippie crowd"; Jane is just looking to regain past glory by using the same rhetoric as 40 years ago.

I've just been back to the US for about 3 weeks. I visited D.C. and the Northern Virginia area: WW2 memorial, Lincoln Memorial, Capital, various other memorials, Chancellorsville, Fredericksburg, Williamsburg and Yorktown. So I'm in a pretty nostalgic and partriotic (even more than normal) frame of mind right now. Yorktown is quite impressive and frankly I was bowled over by it.

After seeing all this; I'm not in much of a mood to hear how "bad" we are or how the US has been wrong in everything we have ever done. So I'm going to rant a bit right now:

Here are a few things that chap me right now:

:huh: Canadians living in the US that are constantly complaining about America

:angry: Canadians and Brits teaching my kids American history (guess this is sort of a niche gripe, huh; but that's what I live with over here.

:huh: US lawmakers that think we are both "the root of all evil in the world" and at the same time are quick to point out that "if only we would get more involved in external entanglements" then we would be the solution to all problems. Which is it?

:angry: The "America is responsible" for terrorism crowd

:thumbsdown: The "moral equivalent" crowd

:moon: The " we have to understand their motives" crowd (we understood Hitler's motive too, that doesn't mean we should empathize with them, condone them, or excuse them, or accept the blame for them)

:o The "enemy is always to be feared more than an angered US, crowd (have you ever seen the press say US forces should cream the enemey; even though we always do?) Remember Saddams 1million man army; then his Elite Republican Guard, we can't win in the Mountains of Afghanistan, ad nauseum.

:lol: Reality TV gone wild; I had to eliminate my kids watching TV when back in the US. Too many things no kid should see; this was during the commercials for Nick and the Cartoon Network.

B) Hollywood (not the small town in North Alabama); and they wonder why box office receipts are down

:angry: The failure to ever recognize the battlefield heroics of our troops; no coverage of awards ceremonies or interviews with MOH winners, etc.

:no: The failure to acknowledge the good being done in Iraq

:puke: The feminist who side with Islam - no thinking female could possibly think that a religion that provides no civil or human rights for women is worthy of a defense

:rolleyes:

Archived