so david i know you dislike the dems and repubs..

aubiefifty

is now not prime time to get the indies to rise up and make a difference? to give you party wheels so to speak? what are you guys doing if anything? this is noit an f u post i am just curious. if they are irrelevant have you thought about the communist party? grins{ i had to slip a joke in there}.

Edited by aubiefifty

• aubiefifty changed the title to so david i know you dislike the dems and repubs..

I am getting flooded with Libertarian meet and greet invites. 

The few real progs I have encountered here in Alabama mostly turned into DNC toadies. 

Nationally, it feels good. Locally...basically nothing.

• Like 1

On 7/16/2022 at 8:38 AM, DKW 86 said:

I am getting flooded with Libertarian meet and greet invites. 

The few real progs I have encountered here in Alabama mostly turned into DNC toadies. 

Nationally, it feels good. Locally...basically nothing.

the indies have such a golden opportunity right now if they could just get it together.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, aubiefifty said:

the indies have such a golden opportunity right now if they could just get it together.

The system is rigged against a third party popping up. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, wdefromtx said:

The system is rigged against a third party popping up. 

Yet I'd bet a majority of the country would jump right on it. ..my hunch is that there's a ton of people...even the rank and file, tribal types who will jump on board. ...If only they could all step out of their "safe zone"

19 hours ago, SaturdayGT said:

Yet I'd bet a majority of the country would jump right on it. ..my hunch is that there's a ton of people...even the rank and file, tribal types who will jump on board. ...If only they could all step out of their "safe zone"

Actually, I could see that if the right celebrities would step out and champion it. Maybe a notable general or military leader and few sane business, sports, and entertainment people would join.

15 hours ago, DKW 86 said:

Actually, I could see that if the right celebrities would step out and champion it. Maybe a notable general or military leader and few sane business, sports, and entertainment people would join.

The Rock

You all seem more optimistic than I am about 3rd parties. I don't think it's logistically possible for a 3rd party to build up to actually compete for congressional or presidential power no matter who came out in support of it. If anything a growing/powerful 3rd party would be the one thing that could get Rs and Ds to more closely work together to destroy it and maintain the current power balance. 

Plus, nobody is going to pour tons of money into a 3rd party that will end up losing or having limited power for a long time when they could spend their money on Rs, Ds or lobbyist that will actually give them power and outcomes in government. And US politics is all about who has the money to run advertisements, propaganda, and to get their name out there. 

• Like 1