Alabama at Texas

Barnacle

So ... in reality it is intentional grounding, but that specific call is not reviewable. For some reason an official thought targeting was involved.  Nothing remotely looked like targeting.  Review targeting and agree that no targeting but since grounding is not reviewable we have to pretend nothing happened.  Got it. 

At least end result was no first down and Auburn makes it a 3 point lead for Texas lol. 

1 minute ago, AUBwins said:

So ... in reality it is intentional grounding, but that specific call is not reviewable. For some reason an official thought targeting was involved.  Nothing remotely looked like targeting.  Review targeting and agree that no targeting but since grounding is not reviewable we have to pretend nothing happened.  Got it. 

At least end result was no first down and Auburn makes it a 3 point lead for Texas lol. 

Honestly probably best result.  If Grounding and safety it is 2 points with a longer field (likely a punt later) Instead Texas gets 3 points. Win!

image.gif.75c59fb41420715f59b82932c3f7f236.gif

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, WFE12 said:

Texas is back?

I still think UAT will pull away in the 4th, but as a casual Texas fan I'm feeling very good about their future right now.

1 minute ago, AUwent said:

I still think UAT will pull away in the 4th, but as a casual Texas fan I'm feeling very good about their future right now.

Yeah even if they do come back it’s good to see the bammers squirm 

• Like 1

Just now, Barnacle said:

Surprised? 

Actually I kinda am since there was just one before. Only that reason. Refs came to their senses I guess that time 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, AUStew87 said:

You’ve missed a heck of a game if you just turned the game on. 

Nah, I've been half watching most of it. Just didn't see their first FG. It'll be an even better game if bama loses. 😀

Just now, DAG said:

You knew it was bound to happen...

Yep. When UT didn't make the stop on 4th Down.

• Like 1