Alabama at Texas

Barnacle

2 minutes ago, Barnacle said:

If Quinn Ewers gets healthy, Texas is going to be a very good football team. They have some dudes. 

Worthy reminds me a load of the late 90's, early '00s receivers we had.

5 minutes ago, Barnacle said:

Texas outplayed Alabama almost all game. Just couldn’t capitalize, and some calls obviously made the mountain that much taller to climb. 

Considering turning off the TV and going Bird hunting for the rest of the day…

Kinda hard when they knock out your starting QB early in the game, and the other one gets hurt.

Texas almost beat bama when they knocked out McCoy too. 

6 minutes ago, yngwie1995 said:

Kinda hard when they knock out your starting QB early in the game, and the other one gets hurt.

Texas almost beat bama when they knocked out McCoy too. 

Thought their backup played well enough under the circumstances, but you are right. 

10 minutes ago, Randman5000 said:

Auburn hit his, Ohio State transfer didn't wrap up

That was such a missed opportunity.  Credit Bryce for making that play. 

I think there were just to many goals by Texas. Lets say they had the safety on top of the field goal. Bama probably scores a TD instead of kicking a field goal. I don’t recall seeing that many calls against Bama in a game even with that Texas couldnt get across the goal line. I know there was some missed but Texas probably got more calls against Bama today than Auburn has several years combined.

4 minutes ago, bigbird said:

Texas wins if they get the safety call correct.

A6F31B34-4807-48C7-98C9-3237E83470D2.thumb.jpeg.c1435357c68491ce9656917096a84af3.jpeg

Throw goes directly toward the sideline. No one near it. Can’t believe they didn’t discuss it more. 

• Thanks 1
  • Angry 1

19 minutes ago, bigbird said:

Texas wins if they get the safety call correct.

Exactly!! I can’t believe they didn’t call it. Refs broke rules or made up the call for Bama. That was utterly nonsensical and that call should be discussed more.

• Like 3

50 minutes ago, augolf1716 said:

Wish you had maybe you could get rid of his ass

It's weird the way you quoted that, because I didn't say that. Whoever was responding to me said that.

Edited by yngwie1995

22 hours ago, Barnacle said:

A6F31B34-4807-48C7-98C9-3237E83470D2.thumb.jpeg.c1435357c68491ce9656917096a84af3.jpeg

Throw goes directly toward the sideline. No one near it. Can’t believe they didn’t discuss it more. 

Bryce got rid of the ball before being down. His throwing motion was impeded by the defender so that wiped out intentional grounding. Even so, I think that there was a RB or WR in the direction he was throwing in. When Bryce threw the ball, it hit a longhorn helmet. That explains why it went that direction. 

Just now, E'Town4Bama said:

Bryce got rid of the ball before being down. His throwing motion was impeded by the defender so that wiped out intentional grounding. Even so, I think that there was a RB or WR in the direction he was throwing in. When Bryce threw the ball, it hit a longhorn helmet. That explains why it went that direction. 

Show me the rule that says that his throwing motion being impeded negates an intentional grounding call. 

9 minutes ago, Barnacle said:

Show me the rule that says that his throwing motion being impeded negates an intentional grounding call. 

We all know different teams have different rule books applied to them. 

1 minute ago, AUStew87 said:

We all know different teams have different rule books applied to them. 

I think the reality is that the referees believed he was sacked and did not consider to call intentional grounding, which they could not find on the subsequent review. 

16 minutes ago, Barnacle said:

I think the reality is that the referees believed he was sacked and did not consider to call intentional grounding, which they could not find on the subsequent review. 

The non call on the blatant facemask by Bama out in the wide open field that would have given UTx a first and goal was potentially another big missed/non-call

• Like 1