Prediction for Penn State at AU?

gr82b4au

Light turns on for TJ and it will be a coin flip between him and C. Brown for game MVP. These rumored orange jerseys light a fire under this team.

Auburn: 31

Penn State: 21

24-13 Penn State.  Unless Harsin and Kez have been sitting on the things that work on offense I see this being a struggle.  Auburn will need everything clicking to pull off the win.

All these people saying we’ve been holding back sound like the same people expecting Russia’s real army to come into Ukraine any day now.

We’re not holding back we’re just mediocre. Maybe we’ll get better, last year shows we probably won’t do so appreciably. 

Our secondary is very suspect at the moment. That’s not conservative play calling that’s watching them play. Our offense has more of an identity and perhaps less skill than last year. Special teams is probably weaker than last year.

I want an AU win as much as anyone but I just don’t see it.

AU 17

PSU 37

Edited by ToomersRevenge
  • Like 3

I will say Auburn got screwed by this not being a night game. If Auburn plays a clean game they win. After all if was the trickery that went wrong that basically did Auburn in last year.
I was disappointed with some of the mental errors last week. Specifically from the veterans.

Edited by e808

28-10 PSU  PSU will have a field day running fades because our DBs never look for the ball.  Our fans will be on the message boards the next day wondering why we can't complete fade routes and PSU kills us with them.

Nothing points to us winning this game. Psu: Penn State is good at passing the ball and defending the run. That is a terrible combination for us. Last year Clifford completed 88% against us.  They have won on the road already. They are clicking on offense now. They are a good team with a senior QB and good coaching. 

AU: No consistency on offense. Penalties all over the place. Quarterbacks are a work in progress and are at the bottom of the SEC in QBR. Defense is struggling to get off of the field, especially when the other team can pass. We have not created a turnover this season!!! And the coaching overall leaves a lot to be desired. That last game was atrocious. 
Home field helps - JH stadium is magic sometimes, usually at night- but it helps only so much if our team is not very good. If AU has any chance, we have to keep it close and make a play in the 4th quarter to actually finish the game. But unless a completely different team and coaching staff appears on the field, I don’t think it will be all that close. 

27-13 psu (sad face) 

• Thanks 1

Looking at this game on paper, I don’t see how we win.   Their passing game vs our secondary, and their run D vs our OL give them major advantages!!!!

But somehow the orange jerseys and the spirit of Chris Davis find a way!!!!

AU - 19

PSU - 18

Auburn 41

PSU     16

PS will have 3 players (starters) suspended for shenanigans on Friday night. They will have 1 player come up lame in warm ups and another 2 players injured in a weird play where they run into each other early in the first quarter. PS will still be ahead at the half but then Auburn will come out for the second half wearing Orange jerseys. Tigers will get TDs on a punt return, a blocked punt and pick 6 involving a lateral. Everyone other than the Auburn faithful will be stunned and this will forever be known as the Orange Crush game.

That’s my prediction and I’m sticking to it. 

• Haha 2

Feel like I've been top confident and burned each week.

PSU 30

Auburn 17

It's unfortunately never really close. We score a late TD ti make it look better

Edited by W.E.D

Auburn 27 

PSU - 17

JHS is very hard to win in when they have big games and Penn St ain’t Georgia. The crowd gives the guys that juju energy and we win it!

Penn State contracts simultaneous gall bladder, appendicitis, hernia, mange, gout and syphilis. Mascot looks like something extracted from a thrift store donation box. Tune into your trusted news source - action trust news at 11.

0B02E1D2-64BA-4E5D-8A4D-35C3AA205332.jpeg

Edited by AUx
  • Haha 2

This is a much squishier PSU D than we got last year, but we have a much less threatening offense, at the same point last year. 

Sucks that PSU finally found a RB that was something close to dynamic last week. Keyvone Lee was a much more plodding version of Peyton Barber from what I saw, but this Singleton kid is nice. 

I would think something like Auburn 14-10 PSU off of first glance. I’ve had the indication that this would be a generational home crowd, even before the potential orange jerseys. And if they throw us that bone, I’d hope for the best OOC crowd this millennium. If we lose after all that…it’s a lost season 

I really can’t state how bad it will be for future instances if we get our butt kicked in orange jerseys. I wouldn’t be very beat up if we got crushed in the white or even the blue jerseys. But we can’t put out another stinker in the oranges 

Based on the orange jersey thread here are my predictions

Traditional Blue jersey:

23-21 Auburn

Gimmicky Orange jersey:

28-21 Penn St. 

Did I do that right?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

I saw reasons for optimism in the second half of the SJSt game.

JT, I thought,  came to life as a game manager and made good decisions.  The OL was creating holes in the line and our RB's were showing patience in waiting for the blocking and for those holes to open up.  When I saw TJ truck some SJSt player at the goal line, I felt We found a large,, 250 lbs ball carrier that can crash the LOS and get yardage.  Maybe he will learn that his size can be an advantage to getting some critical yardage.  Maybe instead of sliding short of the first down, he'll have learned he can take advantage of his size to get that first down.

I'm no guru, but it seemed we played a very basic defensive scheme.   I can't remember a time when we sent extra players to attack the QB on passing downs.   I'm betting they will dial up some more schemes to put pressure on the QB this week.

We're gonna rise to the occasion this week on both sides of the ball.

Perdue had this team beat before they went into the Prevent D(kind of like Texas) and gave the game back to the Nittany Lions.  I think we learn off the Boiler Makers and make things happen on D.

Auburn 27 PSU 16

Head versus heart moment. The don’t play the game on paper, but what I have seen so far is - meh. With the lack of execution, it is hard to believe they are holding anything back. If you can’t execute basic, or aren’t going to execute advanced. But with a great week of practice (no pun intended), better focus, consistency, planning, execution, and blue jerseys, you never know. 

Can Auburn win, of course. We have all witnessed the improbable. From what I have seen so far, it doesn’t seem likely. Granted there is a small sample size this year, but I haven’t seen the potential for that magic yet. 

A clean close loss means, we are making progress and just played a better team. Getting smoked opens the door for Yella Fella II - Revenge of the Pressure Treated. 

Head - PSU 31, AU 17 - our issues continue, close through 3Q, but they pile on late due to D getting gassed 

Heart - AU 27, PSU 24  - the scheme and execution gels, they score late to close the gap, but we actually run out the clock by staying in bounds in blue jerseys 

Either way, War Damn Eagle! 

As someone said above, maybe they've been vanilla on D and O for a reason? 

This has been the mantra for every Auburn season since the mid-90s. Never happens but always gives us hope. 

I think the 94 Florida game is burned into everyones memory, when tator tot utilized the tight end Andy Fuller for the first time like 6 games into the season.