Mikey defends Gus' OL recruiting...

bigbird

On 9/19/2022 at 9:24 PM, cbo said:

the point being, it can be improved quickly with the right guy. 

Guaranteed 50k a year, whether they play or not, for their entire time on campus. 

Yeah, they caught up real quick!

Just now, lutzcammed said:

gracious,  I should have known that.

I have been calling those moments, "pulling a Golf".  Feel free to circulate it around your friends and coworkers.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, bigbird said:

I have been calling those moments, "pulling a Golf".  Feel free to circulate it around your friends and coworkers.

At least I can remember today is Friday numnuts

• Haha 1

12 hours ago, AUloggerhead said:

{sigh}  If you look closely at this picture, you might just be able to glimpse the forest -- right behind those trees:  

So, you can't dispute what I wrote so you post a mindless gif. Sadly, you aren't the only one here who resorts to that when they are stumped.

11 hours ago, Mikey said:

So, you can't dispute what I wrote so you post a mindless gif. Sadly, you aren't the only one here who resorts to that when they are stumped.

Dispute what?  You desperately want someone to argue with you and never fail to remind us on this board that Malzahn:  had a miracle season in 2013, never had a losing season in his 8-yr tenure, ran a clean program, was a decent man, blah blah, etc. etc.  Then, for some unknown reason, you petulantly refuse to acknowledge the elephant in the room -- that he had many shortcomings as a HC (of which OL recruiting was his Achilles heel) and that eventually led to the largest payout in cfb history to NOT coach.  That your guy?   

• Like 1
  • Love 1

11 hours ago, AUloggerhead said:

That your guy?

I backed him while he was at Auburn. His time played out and we needed a change. Other than to wish Gus well in his future endeavors I didn't expect to think or post about him again. Then the haters started up. Then the haters started making false statements about him. Then the Harsin apologists started to blame Gus for Harsin's failures.

So yes, I'll defend Gus. People who couldn't carry his clip board are angry or jealous because Gus reached the top of his career field, a level most of them will never sniff. If that makes Gus my guy, I'm cool with it.

1 hour ago, Mikey said:

I backed him while he was at Auburn. His time played out and we needed a change. ...

"His time played out and we needed a change."  ... ... Sounds very much like an old-fashioned parking meter problem, and none too specific re criticism of HC ability requiring ASAP removal from a big contract, but OK if that's what you believe.  I would say it was a lack of OL recruiting, pigeon-holing personnel and just a lack of coherent passing attack that got him canned.   

6 hours ago, AUloggerhead said:

"His time played out and we needed a change."  ... ... Sounds very much like an old-fashioned parking meter problem, and none too specific re criticism of HC ability requiring ASAP removal from a big contract, but OK if that's what you believe.  I would say it was a lack of OL recruiting, pigeon-holing personnel and just a lack of coherent passing attack that got him canned.   

Don't let him kid you. He defended Gus' ferociously up until the day it was announced he was fired.  Then and only then did he change his tune to, "His time played out and we needed a change."

It was also said, when Gus was HC, he would defend our current head coach no matter while he was our HC. (Seems like he forgot that and still only defends Gus'...while he coaches at another school...while simultaneously tearing down our current HC)

He's a master of moving goalpost, playing semantics, and shifting focus. Hold him and his hypocrisy accountable.

• Like 2
  • Facepalm 1

3 hours ago, bigbird said:

Hold him and his hypocrisy accountable.

He sure hasn’t backed the current HC at Auburn.  I don’t recall much encouragement at all from him.  He often said that Gus was the current HC at Auburn and he would support him until he is no longer the HC at Auburn just like he would for any HC at Auburn.

• Thanks 1

7 hours ago, bigbird said:

Don't let him kid you. He defended Gus' ferociously up until the day it was announced he was fired.  Then and only then did he change his tune to, "His time played out and we needed a change."

It was also said, when Gus was HC, he would defend our current head coach no matter while he was our HC. (Seems like he forgot that and still only defends Gus'...while he coaches at another school...while simultaneously tearing down our current HC)

He's a master of moving goalpost, playing semantics, and shifting focus. Hold him and his hypocrisy accountable.

I was happy with the Harsin hire until the disappointing signing day in February of 2021. From then on there were multiple signs that things were heading down hill.

Look, I know these past months have been rough on you Harsin apologists. You bounce around saying things that aren't true, trying to distract attention from the many Harsin failures we have witnessed. In a way, I understand the flailing attempts to blame Gus for the Harsin debacle. If you can sell that to yourselves and others it must make things seem better. Cheer up, there will be new coaches and better days coming. Then you, too, will be able to put Gus in the rear view mirror and move on with your lives.

4 hours ago, I_M4_AU said:

He sure hasn’t backed the current HC at Auburn.  I don’t recall much encouragement at all from him.  He often said that Gus was the current HC at Auburn and he would support him until he is no longer the HC at Auburn just like he would for any HC at Auburn.

I said, upon Harsin's hiring, that I was glad we had hired "a real coach". Then came the disappointing signing day of February 2021 and the constant string of failures that have followed. I did back Gus for a long time. He earned that over eight seasons here. Harsin built up no such credits and earned nothing.

This Gus versus Harsin debate is inane.  There is no difference.  Well, one difference.  Gus could at least succeed initially, until he was figured out, until the rules were changed.  But now, they are the same.  Both incapable or, too stubborn to make adjustments.  The world is not a static place.

• Thanks 1

On 9/23/2022 at 6:31 PM, bigbird said:

A whopping 43 days of support. Wow

BB, you should know by now you are dealing with a pathological liar. Think about my recommendation and close this bad boy lol. 

Edited by DAG
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

55 minutes ago, DAG said:

BB, you should know by now you are dealing with a pathological liar. Think about my recommendation and close this bad boy lol. 

I've caught you in blatant lies three times. Now, post a link to even one lie I've told.