Harsin could lose 6 straight games

TeamZero77

I was in the fire him now camp but I changed my mind.   I want him here so he can be apart of us losing the next 8 games.  Firing him now is too good for him. 

Like everyone on this board I have an opinion and mine is that nothing happens until the season is over.

Here is my reasoning:

• Dr. Roberts is our new President and he is by all accounts an extremely intelligent man.
  • I don't expect an impulsive decision from him, and if we get one (Ref: Steven Leath) I will be surprised and disappointed.
  • I don't think there is much to be gained by an in season termination, except that the adversarial news media will use the event to ridicule AU for persecuting another coach and coming up with numerous malicious rumors concerning the evil PTB and their contentious involvement in AU athletics.
  • Much of this faux sympathy reporting can be nulled by simply waiting until the end of the season when the record will very likely be undeniable.
  • Fans want immediate results but fans don't really enter into the decision making process and mostly are not part of the equation.
  • We have a major problem with our OL and that problem will not get fixed quickly. Even if you could an entire experienced staring unit out of the portal, they will not have had any experience working in a new system and working with each other. OL might be the hardest position on the team to recruit, develop, and synchronize into a smoothly functioning unit. Anecdotally, I have observed that many OL are oftentimes some of the most intelligent players on the team. I don't think they get nearly as much respect as they deserve. I have always believed that if you have a good OL and a decent defense you have a chance against almost any team.
  • Dr. Roberts has an entire university to be responsible for and part of that responsibility involves the public's perception of our beloved Auburn. It is not the just the football program he will be thinking of in this situation.

• Dislike 2

3 hours ago, 3rdgeneration said:

I just want to make sure that the players realize that a new coach is what’s best for them.   Right now, they are all bought in to Harsin.  I think they probably need a few more embarrassing losses to understand it’s not all on them and that there has to be a change.   

Some of the players should know enough about game decision making to recognize the 4th and 1 call went against what 99% of coaches do in that situation. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Viper said:

Zero chance he makes it post-Iron Bowl.

He’s been scrambling to throw a recruiting class together since he arrived.

I noted this numerous times last November, in the middle of his first 0-5 streak. And the pitchforks were summoned by this board’s finest. And here we are.

I hate to say it but you were right. Lot of us were fooled by his BS about NFL scheme, development, etc. we saw the same red flags but ignored for hope that it would all work out. 

1 hour ago, DAG said:

It will be a massacre…prepare thy anus.

Maybe Kirby takes pity on us and lumps the brakes at halftime up 42-0

Edited by Didba
  • Haha 1

19 minutes ago, Didba said:

Some of the players should know enough about game decision making to recognize the 4th and 1 call went against what 99% of coaches do in that situation. 

I hope you are right about that.  

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, CodeRocket said:

Like everyone on this board I have an opinion and mine is that nothing happens until the season is over.

Here is my reasoning:

• Dr. Roberts is our new President and he is by all accounts an extremely intelligent man.
  • I don't expect an impulsive decision from him, and if we get one (Ref: Steven Leath) I will be surprised and disappointed.
  • I don't think there is much to be gained by an in season termination, except that the adversarial news media will use the event to ridicule AU for persecuting another coach and coming up with numerous malicious rumors concerning the evil PTB and their contentious involvement in AU athletics.
  • Much of this faux sympathy reporting can be nulled by simply waiting until the end of the season when the record will very likely be undeniable.
  • Fans want immediate results but fans don't really enter into the decision making process and mostly are not part of the equation.
  • We have a major problem with our OL and that problem will not get fixed quickly. Even if you could an entire experienced staring unit out of the portal, they will not have had any experience working in a new system and working with each other. OL might be the hardest position on the team to recruit, develop, and synchronize into a smoothly functioning unit. Anecdotally, I have observed that many OL are oftentimes some of the most intelligent players on the team. I don't think they get nearly as much respect as they deserve. I have always believed that if you have a good OL and a decent defense you have a chance against almost any team.
  • Dr. Roberts has an entire university to be responsible for and part of that responsibility involves the public's perception of our beloved Auburn. It is not the just the football program he will be thinking of in this situation.

Early signing day in December manifest a sense of urgency to make the firing asap so we can salvage the recruiting class and transfer class

• Like 1

3 hours ago, AUwent said:

If we don't have an AD by December, either do the deed and name Caddy or Zac as interim OR offer him a third year and dare him to bolt.

You don’t have to offer him a third year. The contract already does that!!

6 hours ago, weagl1 said:

I hope they find a way to win them all.

I do too, but they will not win another game. 
If you’re bad Coaching, Offense, Defense, and special teams - Not a good Recipe for success. 

7 hours ago, Didba said:

I didn't disagree going for it as much as the play call.  We were getting ZERO push all game long....an RPO....QB sneek....anything other than dive up the middle.  It looked to me like Tank wanted to leap the pile but there was too much penetration so he had to try to force his way.

11 minutes ago, penguin149 said:

I didn't disagree going for it as much as the play call.  We were getting ZERO push all game long....an RPO....QB sneek....anything other than dive up the middle.  It looked to me like Tank wanted to leap the pile but there was too much penetration so he had to try to force his way.

Didha says you are in 1% of coaches in the world, so you should feel special.

Edited by Hank2020

I mean, he lost 6 in a row last year and he should've won 4 of those, so it's really no shock that he could lose 6 straight that he clearly should lose. 

Fortunately for us, he probably only loses 2 or 3 more and heads west. 

36 minutes ago, Hank2020 said:

Didha says you are in 1% of coaches in the world, so you should feel special.

No, I’m not talking about going for it, kicking the field goal isn’t mandatory but that play call was horrendous. Kick it, QB sneak it, stretch zone, tightend pass, anything 

1 minute ago, Didba said:

No, I’m not talking about going for it, kicking the field goal isn’t mandatory but that play call was horrendous. Kick it, QB sneak it, stretch zone, tightend pass, anything 

Gotcha, just misunderstood your post. Usually tank getting 1yard is a good risk.

2 minutes ago, Hank2020 said:

Gotcha, just misunderstood your post. Usually tank getting 1yard is a good risk.

Eh, usually. From a different run play I’d agree. 

8 hours ago, CodeRocket said:

Here is my reasoning:

I like your take on this, I agree with your assessment and think that it breaths truth and not in the camp of "mob mentality" or "instant gratification" which is why it is not a popular opinion.  I hope that we can get some good intelligence in the decision making positions who also have the gravitas to stand firm against the board and outside noise to bring what is best for the University and the programs. 

21 hours ago, AuCivilEng1 said:

Then they will fire him. Then we will be scrambling to throw a recruiting class together and find a coach.

Sounds familiar 

• Like 1

20 hours ago, Viper said:

Zero chance he makes it post-Iron Bowl.

He’s been scrambling to throw a recruiting class together since he arrived.

I noted this numerous times last November, in the middle of his first 0-5 streak. And the pitchforks were summoned by this board’s finest. And here we are.

FYI, I've put my pitch fork up