Pull the Trigger

AUDub

Too bad we as fans don’t have the means to be in the know. I just don’t believe CBH was the first or second choice. They probably had a plan after firing Gus but it fell through and hired CBH to try to save face

8 minutes ago, Tiger Refuge said:

It’s time. We won’t be any bigger news than any other program that has cut a coach loose this year. Fire his ass now.

Don't just fire his ass. Fire all of him

• Haha 4

4 minutes ago, e808 said:

Too bad we as fans don’t have the means to be in the know. I just don’t believe CBH was the first or second choice. They probably had a plan after firing Gus but it fell through and hired CBH to try to save face

I think their plan was to let Steele take over, giving continuity to the defense and hiring a new offensive staff.   

#stopthesteele put a halt to all that and now looking back that probably would have been the best course of action.  Better than this sh**show at least. 

Surely to goodness the PTB,s have already contacted somebody in advance. Our commits need to know who our next coach is going to be before ESD, and if we land that splash hire, maybe we get some that are on the fence....

5 minutes ago, e808 said:

Yah their plan was Kevin freaking Steele. Their is absolutely no vision whatsoever from the people who make these decisions at Auburn. They operate like we are some upstart mid major program with the guys they go after. It’s embarrassing and consistently sells us short.

• Like 6
  • Sad 2

5 minutes ago, GwillMac6 said:

Yah their plan was Kevin freaking Steele. Their is absolutely no vision whatsoever from the people who make these decisions at Auburn. They operate like we are some upstart mid major program with the guys they go after. It’s embarrassing and consistently sells us short.

That is what scares me about this next hire. We need to get it right big time.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, DAG said:

That is what scares me about this next hire. We need to get it right big time.

We need a splashy move the needle type of hire. We need major positive buzz. Grimes or Dell ain’t doing that. At all. Our rivals wouldn’t lose a night sleep over them. This is the most important hire since Dye or we are really going to be in the wilderness like Tennessee was.

Edited by GwillMac6
  • Like 1
  • Facepalm 1

Just now, GwillMac6 said:

We need a splashy move the needle type of hire. We need major positive buzz. Grimes or Dell ain’t doing that. At all. Our rivals wouldn’t lose a night sleep over them.

I have to say I agree. Who do you think meets that qualification? I still say Deion.

• Love 1

15 minutes ago, GwillMac6 said:

If he were to bring in two high profile coordinators, it could have been a brilliant plan.

Certainly no worse than where we are now.

• Like 1

After Gus' big increase and extension, then pushing Steele, then the Harsin hire, I'm convinced the people making such decisions at AU are utterly incompetent.  I have absolutely no faith in the people or the process and expect to see an overpaid retread as our next Head Coach.  So I'm not confident firing Harsin now will make much difference until we have smarter and more business-savvy people running things.  

• Like 1

That is the problem though. That it can't be worse thinking. It keeps us from making the best hire. They literally pulled that with CKS and there were several prominent posters buying into that talk. 

Edited by DAG
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

That's why we need to hire Kiffin or Deion.  They at least bring excitement.  And truthfully, I'd rather have Kiffin with us than at UAT three years from now.  

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

Just now, AURealist said:

That's why we need to hire Kiffin or Deion.  They at least bring excitement.  And truthfully, I'd rather have Kiffin with us than at UAT three years from now.  

You really think Saban retires that early?

• Facepalm 1

Just now, AUwent said:

Yeah.  Within 5, for sure.  He's gonna want to go out on top.  

3 minutes ago, AUwent said:

That's when his other contact is up. (j/k)

baphomet-devil.gif

• Like 1
  • Love 2

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

14 minutes ago, DAG said:

I have to say I agree. Who do you think meets that qualification? I still say Deion.

If not Urban then Prime or the Lane Train. Higher ceiling for Prime and higher floor for Lane.

Just now, GwillMac6 said:

If not Urban then Prime or the Lane Train. Higher ceiling for Prime and higher floor for Lane.

You are a brave man to utter Urban Meyers around here lol