Pull the Trigger

AUDub

2 minutes ago, jluvah said:

No chance in hell we win that game. Georgia can and will name the score on us. Good news for me is the golf course should be wide open to get 36 holes in next Saturday. Can’t bear to watch the beat down

Probably a good decision. Enjoy!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

a possible senario next week :   

AU lead  Gog  21:0 then for the next 2.5 Quarters  go 0:56 

before  Pres. C.  Roberts pull the trigger 

Next week, the question will be.....how long can our defense hold out before they eventually get overwhelmed.  If not for our defense, our loses would look so much worse.  Not to say that our defense has been playing lights out but compared to our putrid offense, they are the only unit that looks like they know what they are doing on the field.  We'll either get an announcement later today regarding Harsin or it should follow the GA game.  Can't see it going longer than that under any circumstance.

22 minutes ago, MJDub said:

Waking up to no “Harsin Fired” news…

image.gif

I am headed to bed now (12 hours ahead of you). My hope is when I wake, he’ll be fired. 

10 hours ago, CamZilla_15 said:

Why? The coach/coaching staff didn’t throw the interceptions and muff the punt?

The coaches prep the players. Idk who muffed the punt but he had no business trying to field that thing. Get away and at least keep the ball. That’s coaching.

the WR pass, there should be a throw away option, didn’t look he had a clue that was an option. That’s on the coaches.

the not using the read option with Robbie more, on the coaches.

Continuing to call plays where it’s obvious tank is getting the ball and him getting hammered before the line of scrimmage, on the coaches.

• Like 1

you know it is bad when "some" lsu fans that went to auburn last night  came away saying we deserve better than harsin.......

• Sad 1

11 hours ago, AuCivilEng1 said:

They won’t do it! No balls! They’re gonna let him **** up another recruiting cycle.

No they aren’t.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Love 1

Wait til after Georgia. Make Harsin suffer through that beat down, not the new interim coach.  But I'd endzone him after that game.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, fasttimes said:

The coaches prep the players. Idk who muffed the punt but he had no business trying to field that thing. Get away and at least keep the ball. That’s coaching.

the WR pass, there should be a throw away option, didn’t look he had a clue that was an option. That’s on the coaches.

the not using the read option with Robbie more, on the coaches.

Continuing to call plays where it’s obvious tank is getting the ball and him getting hammered before the line of scrimmage, on the coaches.

The muffed punt was on the player that didn’t catch it.

the wr throw was not a good call, but that is ridiculous to assume throwing it away is a known option. WR just panicked and gave a TO. Play call was on the coaches. Execution was on the WR.

they ran read option several times and was not very successful. All this past week most on this board was saying they needed new plays (slants and pass roll outs were mentioned alot). Look at the passing stats. Were successful. If we didn’t have all the TO’s and fumbles we easily win that game.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Hank2020 said:

The muffed punt was on the player that didn’t catch it.

the wr throw was not a good call, but that is ridiculous to assume throwing it away is a known option. WR just panicked and gave a TO. Play call was on the coaches. Execution was on the WR.

they ran read option several times and was not very successful. All this past week most on this board was saying they needed new plays (slants and pass roll outs were mentioned alot). Look at the passing stats. Were successful. If we didn’t have all the TO’s and fumbles we easily win that game.

But we DO have all the turnovers/fumbles, consistently. And we DON’T score points in the 2nd half, consistently. Harsin needs to be gone yesterday. And we don’t win games we should consistently, where we have double-digit leads. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, NWALA Tiger said:

If the decision has been made. Do it. No need to wait

If they go “big”, I agree - because timing may be critical to working out a deal. But it’d be millions extra in buyout. If it’s just to get someone like freeze, we probably could get him at any time.

49 minutes ago, auburnatl1 said:

If they go “big”, I agree - because timing may be critical to working out a deal. But it’d be millions extra in buyout. If it’s just to get someone like freeze, we probably could get him at any time.

But that’s not the reason teams fire coaches now during the season.   There is an early recruiting period now and it lets potential recruits know that a change is coming.   If the person that you are targeting is currently not coaching, you can begin negotiating with said coach.   If the coach that you are targeting is currently coaching, you can contact his agent and gage his interest.   Lastly, it’s still way too early to fire a coach that is currently 3-2.   I believe that if he is going to get fired during the year, it will probably happen during the off week.   I don’t see auburn winning the rest of the year, most definitely the next two.  

• Like 1

1 hour ago, auburnatl1 said:

Actually it's about 300k more if he is fired now vs Dec

• Like 1

• Sad 1