So you want stability…

auburnatl1

1 minute ago, auburnatl1 said:

However, if you emotionally can’t handle wild ridiculous swings and you’re young: 1) switch teams. Auburn will kill you before you’re 50 2) don’t get married

3rd year of marriage, 15th year with Auburn. I'm 65 in Auburn years.

• Haha 4

4 minutes ago, WDE_OxPx_2010 said:

With that math, Golf is like dinosaur Jesus.

F16B460B-8845-477B-8919-5F213921263D.jpeg

• Love 1
  • Haha 8

4 minutes ago, api1957 said:

With that math, Golf is like dinosaur Jesus.

F16B460B-8845-477B-8919-5F213921263D.jpeg

i have never seen golf but i have always thought he was bowlegged for some reason.

• Like 1
  • Haha 6

7 minutes ago, aubiefifty said:

i have never seen golf but i have always thought he was bowlegged for some reason.

Well duh. Everyone knows that. He’s the bowlegged guy who likes pbr and golf. That’s like his only 3 descriptors.

I personally like to picture my version of @augolf1716 as the Ernie to Bird’s Burt. 

image.gif.26379a4a42f0856a0e4e910904a3d32f.gif

Edited by AuCivilEng1
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2
  • Dislike 1

2 minutes ago, provibe said:

Been an Auburn fan since back in the 50’s. 

2 minutes ago, provibe said:

Been an Auburn fan since back in the 50’s. 

Was a huge Jimmy Sidle fan! Early 60’s 

• Like 3

44 minutes ago, auburnatl1 said:

I’ve been an Auburn fan for what seems thousands of years (Auburn years are way longer than dog years). I went to AU during the Barfield era and graduated just as Dye started. The 80s  some see now as the glory days, but even then there were many grumpy times and embarrassing losses. I’ll never forget the headlines in Atlanta after one disastrous game - “Paper Tigers”. Nonetheless the Dye years had great moments and little drama (the Bear had retired which definitely helped).

But I don’t think that’s normal for us.

The last 30 years have been an adventure - repeating cycles of trending up, maybe an undefeated season, trending down, total collapse , fire the coach, start again.  “That’s so Auburn”. By the time we hired Gus I was familiar with the script and almost expected what ended up happening. Another cycle. Like Cicadas.

I honestly think we’ll go big with the next coach and nail it  - yes, I hope it’s Prime. And the joy ride and drama cycle will begin again (maybe he leaves for fsu in 7 years). I’m ready.

Very few schools are dynasties, many are perpetually average, some were good in the day but imploded into irrelevance , and some will just always suck.

What’s unique, wonderful, and masochistic about being an auburn fan is that we get to experience all the categories.  Every 10 years or so.  

.However, if you emotionally can’t handle wild ridiculous swings and you’re young: 1) switch teams. Auburn will kill you before you’re 50 2) don’t get married

This is SO true! 😄

Fan since 1970. Being a fan in those days was simple, just turn on the radio if you couldn't get to the game. Gary Sanders was an artist who painted a great picture for a kid to dream of. As I grew older I found out that being an Auburn fan isn't for everyone. We're special because we have an extremely high tolerance for pain. We have to or else we'd fold and choose another team. We're similar to addicts, we get high, we mellow out for a while and the we crash and burn, feel desperate and then hope for another fix. I'm holding out hope this time that we finally get it right. 

As hard as it is at times I wouldn't trade it for anything. War Eagle!

• Like 3

1 hour ago, auburnatl1 said:

Nonetheless the Dye years had great moments and little drama (the Bear had retired which definitely helped).

I hope we're not relying on Dinky to retire. Though if we could get Prime, maybe we can scare him into it lol. But his presence + Bowl Cut's is why I've been so pessimistic on us getting a splash hire, which I feel Prime would be.

Fan since the 50s.  Student in the early 70s.  It seems we have these fantastic years then fall apart.  It’s just part of Auburn being Auburn.  

• Like 1

1 hour ago, aubiefifty said:

WTH good golfers are not bowlegged you numnut

• Haha 2

I was born into an Auburn family, and I have always been an Auburn fan no matter what. Some years are harder than others, and some years are more colorful......the Kick 6 game comes to mind as being a particularly bright moment. It's a roller-coaster ride and it's not for weak people. The gutless wonders can be bammer fans. They may have a lot less stress but they also are very boring and most often a lot less fun. My Auburn wrinkles and grey hair are the result of the craziness that goes on in the Orange and Blue World. There's just nothing quite like it. 

WDE!

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, augolf1716 said:

met the bear three times on recruiting trips 

Damn!  You are really old if you recruited The Bear…

• Haha 5

1 hour ago, auburnatl1 said:

I’ve been an Auburn fan for what seems thousands of years (Auburn years are way longer than dog years). I went to AU during the Barfield era and graduated just as Dye started. The 80s  some see now as the glory days, but even then there were many grumpy times and embarrassing losses. I’ll never forget the headlines in Atlanta after one disastrous game - “Paper Tigers”. Nonetheless the Dye years had great moments and little drama (the Bear had retired which definitely helped).

The last 30 years have been an adventure - repeating cycles of trending up, maybe an undefeated season, trending down, total collapse , fire the coach, start again.  “That’s so Auburn”. By the time we hired Gus I was familiar with the script and almost expected what ended up happening. Another cycle. Like Cicadas.

I honestly think we’ll go big with the next coach and nail it  - yes, I hope it’s Prime. And the joy ride and drama cycle will begin again (maybe he leaves for fsu in 7 years). I’m ready.

Very few schools are dynasties, many are perpetually average, some were good in the day but imploded into irrelevance , and some will just always suck.

What’s unique, wonderful, and masochistic about being an auburn fan is that we get to experience all the categories.  Every 10 years or so.  

.However, if you emotionally can’t handle wild ridiculous swings and you’re young: 1) switch teams. Auburn will kill you before you’re 50 2) don’t get married

Or find a better hobby. I totally forgot about basketball after Ellis. Back to enjoying it with Pearl. Pat Dye gave us a program to be proud in. These other coaches are taking it away

2 hours ago, WDE_OxPx_2010 said:

60 plus years with Auburn (Freshman at AU 1966-Graduated 1979) Been a long road but I keep on keeping on. I guess it’s for the good times when they come out way.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, auburnatl1 said:

Well said, I’ve been with them since the early 80’s. You just gotta learn to enjoy the good times, and let go of the bad. Keep it all in perspective, and remember that no matter what happens on Saturday We still gotta get up and go to work on Monday. 

• Like 1

I was in school during the barfield years. The Dye years were definitely the glory years-those defenses were so good! I have taken my 5 year old granddaughter to a couple of games this year. I was thinking of all the heartbreak she has ahead of her. She just loves Auburn! I wouldn’t trade life as Auburn fan for anything- the highs and the lows!

3 hours ago, JDUBB4AU said:

Married for 13 years. AU fan for 800 years . It’s really hard to be an AU fan without drugs 

So, if we get a decent HC, we have to stop taking recreational drugs? Yea, I'll get back to you on that...(takes in a deep draw)

I still say we arent any more dramatic than most college football school, we simply have no media representation. Bamaham news, al com, finebaum etc have always gloated over our misfortune but since camgate the natl media took finebaums lead. Some major slimeball players like Forde, Thalmel, Sheridan etc went waynout ona limb and got embarrassed. To say they hold a grudge is an understatement and ugly events like outlying "fans" trashing players that decommit - not unusual for ANY school - is front page news when Auburn is involved. We have no media rep of our own to offset the bs.