Let's get to the bottom -insider information

Taker

3 minutes ago, bigbird said:

I'm not sure.  It would depend on circumstances around the team. These would be reached out if it were my hire 

Urban

Kirby 

Lincoln 

Day 

Deion

Stoops

Lanning

Heupel 

Leonhard 

Lupoi

Grimes 

Elko 

Klieman

Yurchich 

Lebby

Briles

Lol, so just pull out the yellow pages and go to dialing it up huh... 

That's a pretty good list 👌🏻

4 minutes ago, Taker said:

Lol, so just pull out the yellow pages and go to dialing it up huh... 

That's a pretty good list 👌🏻

You asked for both.

5 minutes ago, bigbird said:

I'm not sure.  It would depend on circumstances around the team. These would be reached out to if it were my hire 

Urban

Kirby 

Lincoln 

Day 

Deion

Stoops

Lanning

Heupel 

Leonhard 

Lupoi

Grimes 

Elko 

Klieman

Yurchich 

Lebby

Briles

Aranda

Ok so first, I really love the names. Second, I would love Lincoln Riley at Auburn. People at USC adore him. And I’m glad you brought up up Lanning. I have actually heard his name being brought up and that would actually intrigue me. My question is would he actually be attainable?

14 minutes ago, bigbird said:

I'm not sure.  It would depend on circumstances around the team. These would be reached out to if it were my hire 

Urban

Kirby 

Lincoln 

Day 

Deion

Stoops

Lanning

Heupel 

Leonhard 

Lupoi

Grimes 

Elko 

Klieman

Yurchich 

Lebby

Briles

Aranda

Do you think there's any chance the hire is someone out of left field that we are not discussing, like Harsin was last time? Seems unlikely now, but I don't remember anyone saying Harsin before he was hired. 

9 minutes ago, bigbird said:

You asked for both.

Which of those coaches that are attainable do you believe can have us competing in recruiting against Georgia and UAT? That’s where I begin to struggle…

1 minute ago, Auburnguy101 said:

Which of those coaches that are attainable do you believe can have us competing in recruiting against Georgia and UAT? That’s where I begin to struggle…

I've said it previously, HC aren't typically the recruiter, they're the closer.  Recruiting is more about the staff than the HC.  There are many that could build elite staffs.  

I believe Grimes fits that perfectly.  He is a great closer with a even better network 

• Like 7
  • Love 2

6 minutes ago, cbo said:

Do you think there's any chance the hire is someone out of left field that we are not discussing, like Harsin was last time? Seems unlikely now, but I don't remember anyone saying Harsin before he was hired. 

50/50 😁

• Haha 2

2 minutes ago, bigbird said:

I've said it previously, HC aren't typically the recruiter, they're the closer.  Recruiting is more about the staff than the HC.  There are many that could build elite staffs.  

I believe Grimes fits that perfectly.  He is a great closer with a even better network 

Would you make sure that they plan to keep their staff in Auburn on Friday nights instead of going to HS games to connect with recruits? This seems like the new elite recruiting paradigm…..

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

2 hours ago, bigbird said:

You may not have seen me ask yesterday.  Who, besides Deion, would you consider a good coach?

Outside of Deion, I believe Grimes would be a great x's and o's coach. His tenure would completely depend on the staff he could get around him. The same could be said for Deion, but I believe he would have better pull for assistants and recruits. I could see Grimes trying to bring in a coordinator like Meacham from TCU or Scalley from Utah. Both are good coordinators that have been at their schools for years, but neither have experience recruiting in the southeast so it could be a little tricky on that front.

Freeze gives you x's and o's but I think you would lose a ton of fan support. 

Every time I think a new group of 5 coach is going to break out someone like App St. drops a game to Texas State or James Madison that they should have won. 

Outside of him having no coaching experience outside of Ohio, people never seem to throw out Fickell's name anymore. Any idea why that might be? Cincy is 5-1 with their only loss being to Arkansas week 1.  They aren't destroying teams this year like they did last year, but the man is still like 56-13 as a head coach. 

Edited by AUFightingSoldiers
  • Thanks 1

22 minutes ago, Auburnguy101 said:

Ok so first, I really love the names. Second, I would love Lincoln Riley at Auburn. People at USC adore him. And I’m glad you brought up up Lanning. I have actually heard his name being brought up and that would actually intrigue me. My question is would he actually be attainable?

My thought on attaining those two is a hard NO. Riley can get USC back to prominence and into playoff discussions. He did at OK, but never got past the SEC team he faced. Lanning is a first year coach in the PAC as well. He’s not ready for the SEC. good thoughts, but personally I disagree strongly. 

.....have a strong feeling that if we don't pursue Prime, he will go to a P5 program and absolutely crush it....and we will regret it for a very long time...

• Like 4

6 minutes ago, EagleEye67 said:

.....have a strong feeling that if we don't pursue Prime, he will go to a P5 program and absolutely crush it....and we will regret it for a very long time...

Wouldn't it be just our luck that Lane goes to Nebraska and Ole Miss hires Deion. 

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, gr82be said:

Wouldn't it be just our luck that Lane goes to Nebraska and Ole Miss hires Deion. 

Either that or we pass on him/don't consider whatever, Saban retires in the next year or so and he goes to UAT.... now that would be really salty for us

5 minutes ago, Taker said:

Either that or we pass on him/don't consider whatever, Saban retires in the next year or so and he goes to UAT.... now that would be really salty for us

That would do it. 

Screenshot_20221017-211540~2.png

5 minutes ago, bigbird said:

I understand, I know you’re not the only one who has said that about Grimes. I just don’t see eye to eye about his potential I guess. Like I said though, I would come to accept him as I do most Auburn coaches. As long as it is not Freeze, I’m good hahahaha 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, bigbird said:

I will add that if it's not Hartwell, then it won't be Grimes or Deion.  It'd most likely be Freeze.

Will the news that came out last week about sexual assault have any effect?

And if we go after Freeze (wouldn't be thrilled but I'll take it), will Sankey sign off on it? I don't want to even think about missing on Sanders, Grimes AND Freeze.

Edited by AUwent

33 minutes ago, Taker said:

Ha no way the REC would have Deion run the show. 

• Thanks 1