Prime Time Today

ScotsAU

Maybe this is a thread that gets merged in elsewhere. But I was really impressed with Deion’s comments on College GAmeday today. I was not a huge fan of him as our next coach Prior to the interview. I thought he was just using his charisma to sell mediocrity to kids. But, he seems like mentoring college students is a passion of his. He didn’t go into this profession just for the money. He actually really loves coaching. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Facepalm 2

5 hours ago, ScotsAU said:

Maybe this is a thread that gets merged in elsewhere. But I was really impressed with Deion’s comments on College GAmeday today. I was not a huge fan of him as our next coach Prior to the interview. I thought he was just using his charisma to sell mediocrity to kids. But, he seems like mentoring college students is a passion of his. He didn’t go into this profession just for the money. He actually really loves coaching. 

Welcome to the Prime side of the board. That's why I like him a lot... Go watch some of his other videos it will make you wanna put on a helmet and play football for him. 

Edited by autiger88
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

Like I said earlier. It's absolutely ridiculous to think a person can somehow measure another's passion. 

Why would he even want to make empty promises though? 

17 minutes ago, VegasEagle said:

image.png

I don’t trust the “trust me bro”, but dang if this doesn’t jack my t*ts. Lol. Prime time, baby! Auburn needs an emotional spark, and neon Deion will bring just that. I’m ready for Auburn to be the team people worry about when they play us even if we are in their stadium. I’m ready for Auburn to be intimidating again.

• Like 3
  • Love 2
  • Haha 1

23 minutes ago, VegasEagle said:

image.png

That’s why I want this Cohen guy. He has a proven track record going outside the box. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, VegasEagle said:

image.png

Trying not to get my hopes up because this is Auburn, but man I really hope this is true!! With Deion and Bruce on the same campus, man what a fun time that would be!!

• Like 1

You could tell in the interview it wasn't just coach speak, his successful leadership qualities showed right through. The younger people  relate to him and respect him for the credibility he brings to the table. I think he could do amazing things with all the assets Auburn has to offer. If we don't get him, somebody is going to get a good one. Can you imagine Bruce Pearl and Deion Sanders recruiting at the same school ? It boggles the mind.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1
  • Love 1

There is no way I'll believe Deion Sanders to be the AU head coach until he is physically on campus wearing AU gear.  He is my 1st choice as well, but Auburn doesn't make splash hires like that.  

• Like 1

I don’t even know if he can coach. I just don’t think he would come to Auburn. He seems to be doing this for something other than money. 

2 minutes ago, alexava said:

I don’t even know if he can coach. I just don’t think he would come to Auburn. He seems to be doing this for something other than money. 

Look at what he’s done at JSU and tell me whether or not you should be concerned about his coaching ability 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, alexava said:

He's said, and I'm paraphrasing, that he'd be a fool not to listen to offers from P5 schools.

5 minutes ago, Potatooooooes!! said:

Look at what he’s done at JSU and tell me whether or not you should be concerned about his coaching ability 

Look at Boise St. 

7 minutes ago, alexava said:

Look at Boise St. 

yes but Deion's ceiling is much higher than what Harsin showed at Boise

• Thanks 1

13 minutes ago, alexava said:

Look at Boise St. 

That's not even remotely the same thing Deion didn't inherit a program already built, he has built JSU up... 

• Like 1
  • Love 1

3 minutes ago, dyehardfanAU said:

He's said, and I'm paraphrasing, that he'd be a fool not to listen to offers from P5 schools.

I didn’t see that. I do remember this Tweet.

“You best believe I will address that LIE Coach SABAN told tomorrow. I was & awakened by my son @ShedeurSanders that sent me the article stating that WE PAYED @TravisHunterJr a Million to play at @GoJSUTigersFB ! We as a PEOPLE don’t have to pay our PEOPLE to play with our PEOPLE“

12 minutes ago, alexava said:

I didn’t see that. I do remember this Tweet.

“You best believe I will address that LIE Coach SABAN told tomorrow. I was & awakened by my son @ShedeurSanders that sent me the article stating that WE PAYED @TravisHunterJr a Million to play at @GoJSUTigersFB ! We as a PEOPLE don’t have to pay our PEOPLE to play with our PEOPLE“

This is from yesterday:

“I’d be a fool and liar to tell you I’m not going entertain those things because I am. But I have made no plans to move.”

Deion Sanders said 'he will entertain' offers and Auburn is in need (saturdayblitz.com)

• Like 1

56 minutes ago, auburnatl1 said:

I agree w that article, he pobably will and probably should turn the auburn job down but i hope he doesnt and i hope we try. 

1 hour ago, IronMan70 said:

You could tell in the interview it wasn't just coach speak, his successful leadership qualities showed right through. The younger people  relate to him and respect him for the credibility he brings to the table. I think he could do amazing things with all the assets Auburn has to offer. If we don't get him, somebody is going to get a good one. Can you imagine Bruce Pearl and Deion Sanders recruiting at the same school ? It boggles the mind.

I agree with the hope that you share, but you can’t really tell anything by an interview. The only way to tell that is by time and data. Many seem genuine but turn out not to be.