Auburn coaching hot board V2

aubiefifty

2 hours ago, DAG said:

Okay so now that we got the emotions out. Who are we looking at?

I would let Dan Lanning stay in Oregon.

My top 3:

Deion Sanders - Some of you guys are cultish and annoying as hell. I suppose I would just deal with it.

Hugh Freeze

Lane Kiffin. 

Id be happy with any of these three

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, auburnatl1 said:

eIgt’s simply some coaches lost some shine yesterday. Some more than others. 

MY point! There's not a perfect candidate and each and EVERY coach has lost games. It's ridiculous to cancel a coach on a loss or perceived loss of "shine"! Teams get lucky( see our win vs Missouri), officials blow calls and players don't always make the play. It's not always coaching that causes a loss. 

It is becoming an echo chamber in here -- it has been made manifestly evident who most everyones top 3 candidates are. Great, got it but now lets start exploring the very real reality that Sanders, Kiffin, Freeze are not interested for whatever reason. 

What then? Who then?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, ThurstontheWelshCorgi said:

It is becoming an echo chamber in here -- it has been made manifestly evident who most everyones top 3 candidates are. Great, got it but now lets start exploring the very real reality that Sanders, Kiffin, Freeze are not interested for whatever reason. 

What then? Who then?

Jeff Grimes.

Once again, it could be argued that Kiffin lost another game because of foregoing a field goal or multiple field goals and instead went for it, and failed to make it, on 4th down. I saw enough of that last year when he lost to Auburn for the same reasons.

28 minutes ago, auburnatl1 said:

It’s simply some coaches lost some shine yesterday. Some more than others. 

Making 'I'm judging the coaches based off what they did yesterday' into a euphemism doesn't make it less dumb

7 minutes ago, ThurstontheWelshCorgi said:

What then? Who then?

Who said the reality is that none of those three is interested? Silence doesnt mean theres no interest and Freeze has been pretty straightforward that he d love to have this job.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, KansasTiger said:

Making 'I'm judging the coaches based off what they did yesterday' into a euphemism doesn't make it less dumb

Only one candidate won yesterday so many got dinged.  It’s just imo some couldn’t afford to.

• Facepalm 1
  • Dislike 1

23 minutes ago, CR said:

Who said the reality is that none of those three is interested? Silence doesnt mean theres no interest and Freeze has been pretty straightforward that he d love to have this job.

Yep 

6 minutes ago, ThurstontheWelshCorgi said:

lol

Okay lets rephrase this

Pretend theyre off the table, either auburn is not interested or they have said no or some other reason.. What then?

The hemorrhoid heads on here will explode! But as Caddy said, Auburn is going to be alright!

I would normally never throw this name out there but this has special circumstances. Would AU approach Jon Gruden? I don’t need to recap his resume but it speaks for itself. He wants to coach again, said a couple months ago he would love to try college, and his name automatically resonates with recruits. 

• Haha 1

23 minutes ago, ThurstontheWelshCorgi said:

lol

Okay lets rephrase this

Pretend theyre off the table, either auburn is not interested or they have said no or some other reason.. What then?

Tier 1: Lane, Lanning, Freeze, X 

Tier 2: Grimes, Deion, Stoops, Monken, Hartline, Elko, Mario,

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, bigbird said:

Tier 1: Lane, Lanning, Freeze, X 

Tier 2: Grimes, Deion, Stoops, Monken, Hartline, Elko, Mario,

I’m not shooting the messenger, but that’s a whole lotta epically dumb tiering 

Edited by auburnatl1
  • Like 1

20 minutes ago, mdp5150 said:

I would normally never throw this name out there but this has special circumstances. Would AU approach Jon Gruden? I don’t need to recap his resume but it speaks for itself. He wants to coach again, said a couple months ago he would love to try college, and his name automatically resonates with recruits. 

I’m pretty sure Tennessee patented Gruden rumors years ago. 😅

• Like 2

1 hour ago, ThurstontheWelshCorgi said:

What then? Who then?

Until yesterday Kiffin was hoping for Atlanta and a possible playoff spot. Sanders team is gunning for a National Championship. They’re not going on record as having interest in the AU job, or any other job until after the season.  

12 minutes ago, auburnatl1 said:

I’m not shooting the messenger, but that’s a whole lotta epically dumb tiering 

Why?

• Facepalm 1

14 minutes ago, Gowebb11 said:

Until yesterday Kiffin was hoping for Atlanta and a possible playoff spot. Sanders team is gunning for a National Championship. They’re not going on record as having interest in the AU job, or any other job until after the season.  

I totally agree, there is little chance sanders or kiffin makes a jump during the season and nor should they be asked to.

If Sanders is a tier 2 candidate then lord help us because we might just deserve every bit of the decade plus tennessee vol irrelevancy that is before us. With all do respect.

• Like 3

7 minutes ago, bigbird said:

Why?

Without having to summate the last 2 months. Imo There’s only 2 splash hires on that list that could realistically and quickly solve our historic always recruiting behind our rivals issue: prime and kiffin. The rest are highly competent more of the same #8-14 recruiting class candidates. It’s speculation, but really I like my chances.

• Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, auburnatl1 said:

Without having to summate the last 2 months. Imo There’s only 2 splash hires on that list that could realistically and quickly solve our historic always recruiting behind our rivals issue: prime and kiffin. The rest are highly competent more of the same #8-14 recruiting class candidates. It’s speculation, but really I like my chances.

Appreciate the response, thanks

4 minutes ago, auburnatl1 said:

You need to go look up Clemson’s last 10 years of recruiting.   They are exactly in that #8-#14 range.   

A random poster on reddit claims Lane agreed to a 7 year $77 million and will be announced on 11/28. Good enough for me to believe. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

13 minutes ago, aubaseball said:

You need to go look up Clemson’s last 10 years of recruiting.   They are exactly in that #8-#14 range.   

Fair point. I primarily looked at sec schools. Bottom line - if you think that’ll sustainably work, Im not going to be able to convince you otherwise. Ps Trevor….

Edited by auburnatl1