Frontrunner for coach

austudnt23

3 minutes ago, Taker said:

I don't think Dabo is remotely interested but if he were we would be foolish not to hire him. Easily one of the top coaches out there... 

Agree on both. 

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, cbo said:

It's bizarre. Final proof that people will complain about any coaching candidate. 

"Hey, AU fans, would you like one of the top 3 CFB coaches from the last 10 years?"

"No, it might cost too much of other people's money and also he was kind of mean to us that one time."

Exactly. We’re a mess. That’s why I’ve been saying that we should make one of the mods the hc, take the $120m and buy a mega yacht instead.  We can whine about how bad we did in the portal as we do shooters off of Costa Rica.

Edited by auburnatl1
  • Haha 3

3 minutes ago, auburnatl1 said:

Exactly. We’re a mess. That’s why I’ve been saying that we should make one of the mods the hc, take the $120m and buy a mega yacht instead.  We can whine about how bad we did in the portal as we do shooters off of Costa Rica.

I'm in. We can pay the local kids to play football for our entertainment.

Oh wait, it will be that boring kind. 

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Taker said:

I don't think Dabo is remotely interested but if he were we would be foolish not to hire him. Easily one of the top coaches out there... 

I agree. He is one of the best coaches and recruiters, and I would take him over just about any coach. But he is not interested in Auburn at all. I don’t believe it because it is not logical. I also do not believe it because it goes against every every other coaching search we have ever had. None of them end well. We always get a FBS coach or a P5 coach with a losing record.
Heck now everyone is saying that Lane has not even been offered. Next thing you know we hire Mark stoops. Hahaha ok jk

image.jpeg

• Haha 1

32 minutes ago, cbo said:

It's bizarre. Final proof that people will complain about any coaching candidate. 

"Hey, AU fans, would you like one of the top 3 CFB coaches from the last 10 years?"

"No, it might cost too much of other people's money and also he was kind of mean to us that one time."

What’s crazy is I took what Dabo said as flattery. He respected our streak and knew it was a big deal to beat us. He could have just said “Well we knew we could beat them. We treated it just like any other game. Didn’t really get too high for it.” 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, AUght2win said:

What’s crazy is I took what Dabo said as flattery. He respected our streak and knew it was a big deal to beat us. He could have just said “Well we knew we could beat them. We treated it just like any other game. Didn’t really get too high for it.” 

True. No one would get that excited about beating us now. 

The guy was having a moment. Just look at the clip. Imagine what a rush it would be to win a big game like that and get rushed by fans having the time of their lives. 

• Like 2

What if it is Dabo, and Venables comes on as DC?

I know it's a stretch within a stretch, but OU might have serious buyer's remorse and agree to a mutually beneficial arrangement to get rid of him.

WDE!

• Like 1

4 hours ago, MadtownTiger said:

What if it is Dabo, and Venables comes on as DC?

I know it's a stretch within a stretch, but OU might have serious buyer's remorse and agree to a mutually beneficial arrangement to get rid of him.

WDE!

Well looking at Venables, Scott Frost and Jimbo along with other “can’t misses” of late, I just cannot believe the absurdity of schools reaching for the Holy Grail on a wing and a prayer. JMO 

• Thanks 1

10 hours ago, AUght2win said:

Mist fans prefer their HC to sound a little mean every once in awhile. He would be a great asset, but hard for me to see a path when he is already paid so much. Only drivers are to get closer to home and start afresh (which are big levers). Main driver is usually move up in ranks.

1 hour ago, dyehardfanAU said:

He WeNt To AlLeRbAmMeR, PAWWWWLLLLLLL

It's not where he went to school. It's that he's a jerk who doesn't like Auburn. I don't know why his name is even being mentioned. The only obvious reason that he'd have a serious interest in the AU job would be if there was something negative at Clemson that's about to be revealed, and it would have to be a huge negative.

• Like 2

23 hours ago, DAG said:

Dabo?! Give me grimes 

- Auburn fan logic 

Agree. I think Dabo is a solid coach but recently his flaws are really showing. I like that he's loyal but he seems very stubborn to stick to his way...the Clemson way. That gives me flashbacks to Gus. We could do worse but I'd always be wondering how long he'd really be at Auburn until the little man retires. 

If anyone in the future asks "why does Auburn keep hiring these unknown coaches" show them this thread. Never before in my life have I seen a fanbase not want a coach, who would be in a dynasty if it weren't for UA, because he was snarky after a win 10 years ago. Someone mentioned before he's been lucky because he's had great QBs... do you not think he had a hand in them being on the team? "He won't be in it with his heart" "The fans won't accept him" Good grief. Some of you are so paranoid he'd leave for UA when Saban retires... ya know that whole "little brother" stereotype... this is where it comes from.

Edited by smackydoodle
  • Like 6
  • Thanks 1
  • Love 2

58 minutes ago, smackydoodle said:

If anyone in the future asks "why does Auburn keep hiring these unknown coaches" show them this thread. Never before in my life have I seen a fanbase not want a coach, who would be in a dynasty if it weren't for UA, because he was snarky after a win 10 years ago. Someone mentioned before he's been lucky because he's had great QBs... do you not think he had a hand in them being on the team? "He won't be in it with his heart" "The fans won't accept him" Good grief. Some of you are so paranoid he'd leave for UA when Saban retires... ya know that whole "little brother" stereotype... this is where it comes from.

This has truly been a pathetic thread to follow, reeking of insecurity and LBS.

Edited by dyehardfanAU
  • Like 1

17 hours ago, Taker said:

we would be foolish not to hire him.

We would be the fool if we did hire him. Dabo is a self-indulging bammer clown.

• Dislike 2

21 hours ago, auburnatl1 said:

I’ve got uga friends who still remember and hold against us when Gus said “we just beat the dog crap out of them” after a win.  But the au fans thought it was great. Coaches are pure alpha’s and thus a pain in the butt.  

It’s amazing who and what is eligible for “redemption” and what isn’t. I am instead making a strong Myers and coke . 

Gus was saying that to his wife after the game and some troll reporter & cameraman caught it.

Edited by aucanucktiger