Frontrunner for coach

austudnt23

2 hours ago, AUght2win said:

I’ve never understood why people got so upset over what he said. “I can’t think of a better place to end this streak than Death Valley, SC!” What is the unforgivable big f***ing deal with that? That’s about as mild as you get.

It was the post-game presser, where he said something to the effect of “leave it to a bama guy to end an Auburn win streak.” That clip has somehow gotten lost in the shuffle over the years.

• Like 2
  • Angry 2

15 minutes ago, BhamTiger98 said:

It was the post-game presser, where he said something to the effect of “leave it to a bama guy to end an Auburn win streak.” That clip has somehow gotten lost in the shuffle over the years.

Even if he said that....I till don't get why everyone is so bent over it...but I havent seen or heard a clip of even that. All I heard is "what better place to end a streak then in Death Valley!"

• Like 2
  • Dislike 1

18 minutes ago, BhamTiger98 said:

Even if that’s the case that’s super mild. I’d much rather have a little comment like that than have someone disrespect us on the field the way Kirby does every year by running up the score.

59 minutes ago, Tigerpro2a said:
  24 minutes ago, BhamTiger98 said:

I think I would be more angry about that comment as a Clemson fan. Because he didn't beat us as a bammer, he was Clemson's head coach at that point. How sucky for them.

It would be like if Harsin had said 'leave it to an Idaho potato head to beat LSU in Death Valley.' 

Edited by WarrrEagleHey
  • Like 2

6 minutes ago, icanthearyou said:

Forget about Dabo, Kiffen and, Freeze.

Charles wants Deion.  Bo wants Deion.  I want Deion.  It's unanimous. 

I really did wonder, after listening to that interview with Charles Barkley, if there was any way Deion was still on the table? He mentioned speaking to him weekly. I would imagine the topic has come up. If there was no interest at all, you would think that Charles wouldn't even be floating the idea.

• Like 2

Trying to keep up. So we pass on prime, potentially the highest ceiling option in a generation, because he didn’t have P5 experience, but we’d also pass on a 2 natty p5 coach who single handedly lifted his program from nothing. Not because he’s creepy or committed major violations, but because he’s talked some smack to us before.

I may need a beer to ponder this one.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 5

2 minutes ago, auburnatl1 said:

Trying to keep up. So we pass on prime, potentially the highest ceiling option in a generation, because he didn’t have P5 experience, but we’d also pass on a 2 natty p5 coach who single handedly lifted his program from nothing. Not because he’s creepy or committed major violations, but because he’s talked some smack to us before.

That's simplifying it too much. What he said was really mean and uncalled for!

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, auburnatl1 said:

I don't think "a" beer is going to get this job done.  Not sure Golf's entire stash will get you to the point of dissecting that "logic".

11 minutes ago, auburnatl1 said:

Sounds like you need therapy 

• Thanks 1

11 minutes ago, auburnatl1 said:

Kiffin_FAU.gif

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Potatooooooes!! said:

That's simplifying it too much. What he said was really mean and uncalled for!

I’ve got uga friends who still remember and hold against us when Gus said “we just beat the dog crap out of them” after a win.  But the au fans thought it was great. Coaches are pure alpha’s and thus a pain in the butt.  

It’s amazing who and what is eligible for “redemption” and what isn’t. I am instead making a strong Myers and coke . 

Edited by auburnatl1
  • Like 3

2 minutes ago, auburnatl1 said:

I’ve got uga friends who still remember and hold against us when Gus said “we just beat the dog crap out of them” after a win. We all thought it was funny.  Coaches are pure alpha’s are a pain in the butt.  

It’s amazing who and what is eligible for “redemption” and what isn’t. I am instead making a strong Myers and coke . 

We're hiring Urban, confirmed.

• Haha 1

37 minutes ago, icanthearyou said:

Forget about Dabo, Kiffen and, Freeze.

Charles wants Deion.  Bo wants Deion.  I want Deion.  It's unanimous. 

It's Deion!!!!

giphy.gif

• Like 4
  • Love 1

31 minutes ago, auburnatl1 said:

giphy.gifgiphy.gif

giphy.gif

1 hour ago, AUght2win said:

I don’t buy Dye wanting to follow Dooley, neither do I buy DS wanting to follow Saban. As a competitor, you’re admitting you’re second tier by doing something like that.

Let’s use the analogy of kings. Saban built his kingdom. Dabo built his kingdom. They warred for years. Now, Dabo is going to leave the kingdom he built to go to Saban’s? By leaving to continue the legacy Saban built, Dabo would be basically admitting he was/is lesser. I don’t think Dabo believes he is. Nor should he.

I really don't agree with you more than 50% (or less) of the time, but as a history nut, I can see what you did there. I agree.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Hay Field 101 said:

If said rumor is true does  that mean the only reason he would take this job is to get back at the turds ? 

Probably not true. I mean, it wouldn’t surprise me that the turds told him: don’t do it! But then throw Dabo into the mix etc., sounds pretty far-fetched to me, but who knows?

• Like 1

I believe Dabo story leaked to throw off the scent or someone to say Watch this and let's see what happens...think it might be USCe folks doing it...to rattle the peeps at clemson?

4 hours ago, BhamTiger98 said:

He said that. Who cares. They beat our ass. With that being said Dabo is a grand slam hire 

9 minutes ago, cbo said:

It's bizarre. Final proof that people will complain about any coaching candidate. 

"Hey, AU fans, would you like one of the top 3 CFB coaches from the last 10 years?"

"No, it might cost too much of other people's money and also he was kind of mean to us that one time."

Facts!!!! It is amazing that NO MATTER who is brought up someone is going to complain about them. 

I don't think Dabo is remotely interested but if he were we would be foolish not to hire him. Easily one of the top coaches out there... 

• Like 1