Frontrunner for coach

austudnt23

2 minutes ago, austudnt23 said:

Kirby will come in to resurrect the glory bammer days after Saban leaves or retires. Let's quote obvious Saban still a great recruiter probably second best to Kirby in country but his coaching is on decline along with his work ethic. Lets be honest what else does he have motivation to prove, dude has earned right to go out on his own accord and slack off if he wants too. Kirby will follow his old boss and mentor at bama write that down it is a sure thing.

image.jpeg

• Haha 1

27 minutes ago, DAG said:

Dabo?! Give me grimes 

- Auburn fan logic 

*only* Auburn people, after hiring disasters like Gene Chizik and Bryan Harsin, would turn their nose up at arguably the greatest coach in the game - whose won multiple national titles at a historically lesser program.

”I’d rather have Rhett Lashlee.”

• Like 5
  • Haha 2

9 minutes ago, austudnt23 said:

Kirby will come in to resurrect the glory bammer days after Saban leaves or retires. Let's quote obvious Saban still a great recruiter probably second best to Kirby in country but his coaching is on decline along with his work ethic. Lets be honest what else does he have motivation to prove, dude has earned right to go out on his own accord and slack off if he wants too. Kirby will follow his old boss and mentor at bama write that down it is a sure thing.

Now you’re blowing your credibility. No way Kirby leaves UGA and the last place it’d be for us Alabama.

• Like 1
  • Love 1

4 minutes ago, austudnt23 said:

Kirby Smart is 46 years old and has been at Georgia for six years. He is 4th in total games won in school history, first in winning percentage, already has an SEC title and NC on his resume, and appears on track to add another SEC title and possibly NC this year. He's arguably on pace to be the greatest coach in school history and you're telling me that this man, who still ranks 4th on Georgia's all-time interception list, is going to leave his alma mater to follow Nick Saban because.....why exactly? 

• Like 5

19 minutes ago, austudnt23 said:

The mutts may hire a hit man if that happens! I would love it, sorta.

9 minutes ago, AUght2win said:

*only* Auburn people, after hiring disasters like Gene Chizik and Bryan Harsin, would turn their nose up at arguably the greatest coach in the game - whose won multiple national titles at a historically lesser program.

Even if we could get him, I think there are rational reasons to pump the brakes on Dabo. He's been less than enthusiastic about NIL. He's seemingly outright refused to make use of the transfer portal. Auburn's current roster situation makes both of those positions non-starters for the next hire. He's a fantastic recruiter and program builder, yes but his background means he's also much more dependent on his coordinators for the Xs and Os stuff. When he had Brent Venables and Tony Elliott, no problem. His choices to replace those two this past offseason however invite quite a bit of scrutiny. Given the contract it would take to pry him away from Clemson, these are not small concerns. 

• Like 3

1 minute ago, DAG said:

People are going to ridicule me for this but I wouldn’t get in a bidding war for Lane Kiffin.

With it being this quiet I think we already have our guy, whoever it is.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, AUght2win said:

With it being this quiet I think we already have our guy, whoever it is.

Thing is him getting in the top ten of pay  couldn’t compete with Auburn anyhow. Poor ole miss.

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, AUAlumnTN said:

Even if we could get him, I think there are rational reasons to pump the brakes on Dabo. He's been less than enthusiastic about NIL. He's seemingly outright refused to make use of the transfer portal. Auburn's current roster situation makes both of those positions non-starters for the next hire. He's a fantastic recruiter and program builder, yes but his background means he's also much more dependent on his coordinators for the Xs and Os stuff. When he had Brent Venables and Tony Elliott, no problem. His choices to replace those two this past offseason however invite quite a bit of scrutiny. Given the contract it would take to pry him away from Clemson, these are not small concerns. 

This is a solid post. They are 9-1 right now though so I don’t think Dabo’s lost it.

1 minute ago, Bro Johnny Mac said:

If it’s a bidding war for LK or Freeze, I’m taking the bidding war

You do that. Everybody else seems to think Freeze is the last line of candidates , so I highly doubt it’s as black and white as you made it seem.

2 minutes ago, DAG said:

You do that. Everybody else seems to think Freeze is the last line of candidates , so I highly doubt it’s as black and white as you made it seem.

I said if... 

I hope that we have more candidates above Freeze if LK stays put.

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, DAG said:

People are going to ridicule me for this but I wouldn’t get in a bidding war for Lane Kiffin.

I agree with you. I mean he is my first choice as head coach but let’s get real here… 

23 minutes ago, AUght2win said:

It's shocking we have never been able to align behind a coach with the fans, AD, booster and coach all on the same page to be a consistent Title contender. Shocking.

giphy.gif

3 minutes ago, DAG said:

Your savvy judgement. If you saw the Barkley interview, it’s just Charles being Charles right? There’s NO way tamu would eat $86m to get prime. That’d be friggin nuts. Right?

14 minutes ago, DAG said:

I agree. I wouldn't be unhappy with Kiffin...not at all..actually the opposite...but I have had Freeze at the top of my list all along. He would be cheaper as well.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, DAG said:

Thing is him getting in the top ten of pay  couldn’t compete with Auburn anyhow. Poor ole miss.

Auburn couldn't even compete when we had Gus as the 4th or 5th-highest paid coach. If it wouldn't work with Auburn and Gus, I doubt it would work with Lane and OM. Just b/c you pay a guy more, doesn't necessarily mean he'll win more. 

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, Bro Johnny Mac said:

I said if... 

I hope that we have more candidates above Freeze if LK stays put.

Of course we do man , come on

6 minutes ago, AUINSY said:

Auburn couldn't even compete when we had Gus as the 4th or 5th-highest paid coach. If it wouldn't work with Auburn and Gus, I doubt it would work with Lane and OM. Just b/c you pay a guy more, doesn't necessarily mean he'll win more. 

Ok?

6 minutes ago, DAG said:

Ok?

I was just affirming and confirming what you were saying. Just b/c Ole Miss pays Kiffin more doesn't necessarily mean he could compete with Auburn. As was posted in the Nest, OM as a 1-loss team only had like 17 4-5 start recruits at the OM/Bama game. Auburn as a 3-6 team playing A&M, another 3-6 team, had like 30+ 4-5 star players in attendance. Not only that, we didn't even have an actual full-time head coach on staff at this time. So you're spot on in saying him (Kiffin) getting in the top ten of pay couldn’t compete with Auburn anyhow. Poor ole miss.

Edited by AUINSY

1 minute ago, AUINSY said:

I was just affirming and confirming what you were saying. Just b/c Ole Miss pays Kiffin more doesn't necessarily mean he could compete with Auburn. As was posted in the Nest, OM as a 1-loss team only had like 17 4-5 start recruits at the OM/Bama game. Auburn as a 3-6 team playing A&M, another 3-6 team, had like 30+ 4-5 star players in attendance. Not only that, we didn't even have an actual full-time head coach on staff at this time. So you're spot on in saying him (Kiffin) getting in the top ten of pay couldn’t compete with Auburn anyhow. Poor ole miss.

Yeah in compensation, man. 

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, auburnatl1 said:

Your savvy judgement. If you saw the Barkley interview, it’s just Charles being Charles right? There’s NO way tamu would eat $86m to get prime. That’d be friggin nuts. Right?

That would be pretty mind-blowing if A&M did this. They are already reeling from overpaying for a coach. Even with pulling in studs and great recruiting classes. Like Prime at Auburn, he'd be the biggest bust or biggest win as far as coaches go, regardless of where he if he jumps into the SEC.