Frontrunner for coach

austudnt23

1 hour ago, AUght2win said:

Why do you think DS would want to follow Saban? Would Dye want to follow Dooley? 

And if the fear is bolting for Bama, LK is a bigger risk.

Dye probably would have wanted to follow Dooley if the job had been there. This is the guy that got in Bryant's face in year one after bama had owned us for years. I think Dabo is the same kind of guy, but he's bama through and through. 

Kiffin might bolt for bama too; but it wouldn't be an emotional decision. I'd be more worried about Kiffin leaving for the NFL. 

1 hour ago, AUght2win said:

Kirby has been nothing short of a complete douchebag at his time at UGA. He’s an disingenuous, code-switching cheater who has personally
run fake field goals and thrown deep against you to run up the score late in decided games. 

How on earth can you people like Smart but not Dabo? You must not know anything about Smart.

Wasn’t comparing their personalities and coaching strategies. Kirby, like Dye, is a GA alum. Dabo is a bammer alum. I realize AU fans who live in the state of Georgia might feel different, but I do not want a bammer alum coaching AU.

• Like 3

17 minutes ago, AUINSY said:

That would be pretty mind-blowing if A&M did this. They are already reeling from overpaying for a coach. Even with pulling in studs and great recruiting classes. Like Prime at Auburn, he'd be the biggest bust or biggest win as far as coaches go, regardless of where he if he jumps into the SEC. 

Agreed. Would redefine the sport. But Charles has stirred up a media hornets nest. Articles everywhere.

Edited by auburnatl1

1 hour ago, shabby said:

If he does they pay the buyout. And 0% Alabama hires Auburn's head coach. 

Anyone other than Dabo or Kiffin, agreed. 

6 minutes ago, aucom96 said:

Kiffin might bolt for bama too; but it wouldn't be an emotional decision. I'd be more worried about Kiffin leaving for the NFL. 

Like Saban, Kiffin discovered he’s a failure in the NFL and will never go back.

• Love 1

1 hour ago, HAPvsOA said:

It looks like Lane's going to get paid either way. 

Ah Ha !  The old Malzahn divide and conquer pivot maneuver.  I wonder who UM's Yella Fella is ?

Too bad GM didn't use that tactic in football.

3 minutes ago, Viper said:

Like Saban, Kiffin discovered he’s a failure in the NFL and will never go back.

I don’t think is necessarily correct. NFL HC’s routinely fail at one place then get another opportunity. So from NFL side may definitely get another offer. He may truly not like coaching thete but don’t think anyone knows this unless he has stated it in past.

Texas A&M is not going to fire Jimbo after one failed year. They will have him move some coordinators around and out the pressure for him to adapt his offense to the current college football landscape. 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Dual-Threat Rigby said:

Jimmy Sexton is good at his job 

Uh yeah is anyone surprised? Of course OM was going to offer him a huge raise. So, does this change anything?

Just now, AUwent said:

Uh yeah is anyone surprised? Of course OM was going to offer him a huge raise. So, does this change anything?

Nope because their money can’t compete with Auburns 

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Hank2020 said:

I don’t think is necessarily correct. NFL HC’s routinely fail at one place then get another opportunity. So from NFL side may definitely get another offer. He may truly not like coaching thete but don’t think anyone knows this unless he has stated it in past.

Again, like Saban, he failed at the NFL and has been in CFB much too long now and has had too much success to ever go back. I’ll wager @augolf1716’s entire stash of PBRs on it. 

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

2 minutes ago, DAG said:

Nope because their money can’t compete with Auburns 

Yeah. From the way I’ve seen people react to this development, they must’ve thought OM was just going to let him walk. 😒

1 hour ago, HAPvsOA said:

It looks like Lane's going to get paid either way. 

Ole Miss is the old girlfriend that knows she’s about to get her heart smashed and is sitting by the phone like Monica Lewinsky waiting on Bill Clinton to call.

• Love 1
  • Haha 1

I figured it out.  Deion for 4 years to see what he is...Caddy is coach in waiting.   I'm certain if Deion is a bad coach, he'll at least leave Caddy with a bunch of 4 and 5 star recruits.   

You're welcome 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

11 minutes ago, kennypowers said:

I figured it out.  Deion for 4 years to see what he is...Caddy is coach in waiting.   I'm certain if Deion is a bad coach, he'll at least leave Caddy with a bunch of 4 and 5 star recruits.   

You're welcome 

That one’s been floated on a couple of threads. And yes -  it’s friggin brilliant.

33 minutes ago, Viper said:

Again, like Saban, he failed at the NFL and has been in CFB much too long now and has had too much success to ever go back. I’ll wager @augolf1716’s entire stash of PBRs on it. 

No you want!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Haha 1

5 minutes ago, auburnatl1 said:

That one’s been floated on a couple of threads. And yes -  it’s friggin brilliant.

Well gosh darn.

57 minutes ago, aucom96 said:

Dye probably would have wanted to follow Dooley if the job had been there. This is the guy that got in Bryant's face in year one after bama had owned us for years. I think Dabo is the same kind of guy, but he's bama through and through. 

I don’t buy Dye wanting to follow Dooley, neither do I buy DS wanting to follow Saban. As a competitor, you’re admitting you’re second tier by doing something like that.

Let’s use the analogy of kings. Saban built his kingdom. Dabo built his kingdom. They warred for years. Now, Dabo is going to leave the kingdom he built to go to Saban’s? By leaving to continue the legacy Saban built, Dabo would be basically admitting he was/is lesser. I don’t think Dabo believes he is. Nor should he.