Frontrunner for coach

austudnt23

Guest MustardSeed
4 hours ago, WarTim said:

What about the third bag you leave by the door in case you have an unexpected visitor?

Back in my heathen days I named it a triple bagger because you needed one for the dog so he didn’t lose respect for you 🤣

5 hours ago, MaxCohen216 said:

I never see Deion's name mentioned in the mainstream media's articles anymore, in relation to the AU HC job.

Is he still a viable candidate for AU HC?

The only place Sanders was a candidate for the AU job was on this message board.

• Like 5
  • Haha 2

8 hours ago, Barkchevious said:

You are Dabo.  Why the H do you come to Auburn and play the SEC west and UGA?  You have a job where you will go 11-1 guaranteed the next 5 years and be at worst playoff fringe.  Don’t think I understand this one.  

Very fair point. Is it a ploy for a new deal? Probably. There have absolutely been talks between the two camps. Half full kind of glass guy here. Does he want a new challenge? Sometimes coaches want a new pasture to graze in. I lean with what you are saying, but we can hope AU is going after coaches like this .

8 hours ago, Barkchevious said:

You are Dabo.  Why the H do you come to Auburn and play the SEC west and UGA?  You have a job where you will go 11-1 guaranteed the next 5 years and be at worst playoff fringe.  Don’t think I understand this one.  

Well, count me among the skeptics. He's the one HR hire that I just figured we had no chance at.  But there is a certain logic that makes sense. The SEC is in the process of separating itself from the other conferences with NIL money. He isn't going to be able to get the same level of recruits at Clemson, especially at QB. It's not going to be a level playing field.  If he feels that Kiffen is the first choice for Bama after Saban, what better way to let them know that they screwed up than by coming to Auburn and owning them for ten years. 

It's really very simple folks. If OM hasn't announced that Kiffin has signed their contract extension B4 Thursday, then Lane will be named the head coach of Auburn University.  Gotta wait till Thursday 

Edited by NWALA Tiger
  • Like 2

27 minutes ago, NWALA Tiger said:

It's really very simple folks. If OM hasn't announced that Kiffin has signed their contract extension B4 Thursday, then Lane will be named the head coach of Auburn University.  Gotta wait till Thursday 

Yep

no news is good news for now 

27 minutes ago, NWALA Tiger said:

I actually think it will need to happen before then.  This is already hanging over their team and if he is going to accept, you want to get that out there and end it fast before the Egg Bowl.  

I’d be sweating if I was an Ole Miss fan and nothing was resolved by Tuesday.  

32 minutes ago, AEAugirl said:

I actually think it will need to happen before then.  This is already hanging over their team and if he is going to accept, you want to get that out there and end it fast before the Egg Bowl.  

I’d be sweating if I was an Ole Miss fan and nothing was resolved by Tuesday.  

I’ll say this for the Mississippi schools, they have a much better track record of having coaches other programs want to poach than we do.

• Like 2

15 hours ago, AURex said:

Yep! They be "front runners" on somebody's list. Yep! Um ..... OK.

Looking more like LK now. I knew Dabo was a question unril deal was signed. We can't go wrong either way really. Lk best offensive mind in football. Dabo is a game changing recruiter and has experience building a program very similar to auburn into a fixture in.

JF is also very interested atp i think he would be 3rd or 4th choice and we are not missing on one of two mentioned.

• Like 5

25 minutes ago, austudnt23 said:

Looking more like LK now. I knew Dabo was a question unril deal was signed. We can't go wrong either way really. Lk best offensive mind in football. Dabo is a game changing recruiter and has experience building a program very similar to auburn into a fixture in.

JF is also very interested atp i think he would be 3rd or 4th choice and we are not missing on one of two mentioned.

If this is holds true, this is great news.I’m going to guessing that whoever we don’t get will be bammers next HC

47 minutes ago, austudnt23 said:

It is pretty much Dabo or Lane for me at this point.

1 hour ago, austudnt23 said:

JF?

Justin Fuente, Jugh Freeze? Jimbo Fisher?

Edited by AUDevil

Looks like Mike Gundy might be available after the beat down OU is giving OSU.

However, he is basically a 7-5 or 8-4 coach.

• Haha 1

The more CLK gets his ass kicked by the likes of Arkie, the quicker he is going to consider it time to move on from OM.

• Like 1

On 11/18/2022 at 6:15 PM, Hank2020 said:

His winning percentages since 2015 is pretty amazing (was in 4 national champianship groups, winning 2national champianships. That’s pretty outstanding.

Bahr Brunt had a pretty impressive record as a HC. Doesn't mean I want him representing AU.

• Facepalm 1

Shane Beamer is the ultimate Tuberville-Chizik-Malzahn Replacement. Huge wins every now and then, with a generous helping of inconsistency spread all over the schedule.

If there is anything to the JABA Curse, I predict we end up with Beamer as HC.

1 minute ago, DKW 86 said:

Shane Beamer is the ultimate Tuberville-Chizik-Malzahn Replacement. Huge wins every now and then, with a generous helping of inconsistency spread all over the schedule.

If there is anything to the JABA Curse, I predict we end up with Beamer as HC.

This is getting old. Cohen was not a JABA hire and it seems like he is swinging for the fences and none of the candidates make majority of Auburn fans happy, yet the most JABA of them all, the fans keep asking for.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

17 hours ago, Chaotic_zx said:

Waiting for Auburn coaching news like:

giphy.gif

Hopefully it ends up much better for Auburn, than it did for that guy.