Frontrunner for coach

austudnt23

1 hour ago, DAG said:

This is getting old. Cohen was not a JABA hire and it seems like he is swinging for the fences and none of the candidates make majority of Auburn fans happy, yet the most JABA of them all, the fans keep asking for.

Who the hell said anything about Cohen? 

1 hour ago, DKW 86 said:

Who the hell said anything about Cohen? 

Oy vey. That is what you got out of my response?

• Like 3

12 hours ago, Viper said:

Bahr Brunt had a pretty impressive record as a HC. Doesn't mean I want him representing AU.

Ha, I don’t even know who that is, so don’t get the point. Sorry, apparently you don’t want him huh?

1 minute ago, Hank2020 said:

Ha, I don’t even know who that is, so don’t get the point. Sorry, apparently you don’t want him huh?

Translation: Bear Bryant

You have to excuse me, I work in Child and Adolescent as a provider and that is how they typically act, so it was fully understood to me.

• Haha 3

3 minutes ago, DAG said:

Translation: Bear Bryant

You have to excuse me, I work in Child and Adolescent as a provider and that is how they typically act, so it was fully understood to me.

Thx for the help. I would most assuredly be average in your group. Bear did well at Kentucky also. Probably would not have left if he would have gotten equal support.

3 hours ago, LPTiger said:

Dabo has a 10 year $115MM deal at Clemmy, and his agent is the same as Hars.  I think any discussion about Dabo to AU is baseless. 

Ok, what does having the same agent as Harsin have to do with Dabo? They arent the same person... This argument hasn't made sense too me, if we are willing to pay his buyout and make him the highest paid coach you really think he would turn it down? 😂 Don't get me wrong I think it's also a no go but it isn't becuase he has the same agent as Harsin. Lol 

Edited by autiger88
  • Like 3

4 hours ago, LPTiger said:

Dabo has a 10 year $115MM deal at Clemmy, and his agent is the same as Hars.  I think any discussion about Dabo to AU is baseless. 

THIS

Dabo was never a serious candidate to AU.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, autiger88 said:

Ok, what does having the same agent as Harsin have to do with Dabo? They arent the same person... This argument hasn't made sense too me, if we are willing to pay his buyout and make him the highest paid coach you really think he would turn it down? 😂 Don't get me wrong I think it's also a no go but it isn't becuase he has the same agent as Harsin. Lol 

Fair question.  Put yourself in Russ Campbell's shoes.   He brought one of his very successful coaches from a job where he was well-established and brought him to Auburn.   The guy has a fantastic start until his starting QB gets hurt and out for the year.  He comes within a few seconds of beating the GOAT.   In return the university launches a VERY PUBLIC investigation with overtones that Hars is unfaithful and his daughters are promiscuous. It takes 2 weeks of having his family bashed, publicly, before the university announces there is insufficient evidence to support the charges.   All the while, one of the university's largest donors refuses to give Hars a single NIL dollar.   So if you are Mr. Campbell, why in the hell would you want your other well- established client leave Clemson for Auburn.   You just negotiated a 10 year $115MM contract for him at Clemmy.  No chance on God's green earth would a legit lawyer, like Russ, recommend such a move.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2
  • Facepalm 2
  • Dislike 2

7 minutes ago, LPTiger said:

Fair question.  Put yourself in Russ Campbell's shoes.   He brought one of his very successful coaches from a job where he was well-established and brought him to Auburn.   The guy has a fantastic start until his starting QB gets hurt and out for the year.  He comes within a few seconds of beating the GOAT.   In return the university launches a VERY PUBLIC investigation with overtones that Hars is unfaithful and his daughters are promiscuous. It takes 2 weeks of having his family bashed, publicly, before the university announces there is insufficient evidence to support the charges.   All the while, one of the university's largest donors refuses to give Hars a single NIL dollar.   So if you are Mr. Campbell, why in the hell would you want your other well- established client leave Clemson for Auburn.   You just negotiated a 10 year $115MM contract for him at Clemmy.  No chance on God's green earth would a legit lawyer, like Russ, recommend such a move.

I think your wrong. I’m betting he gets compensated differently. He makes big money on each move I bet.

5 minutes ago, Hank2020 said:

I think your wrong. I’m betting he gets compensated differently. He makes big money on each move I bet.

One, you don't know Russ like I do.   Two, that would be a bad bet.   Three, you're not a lawyer and don't understand how legit lawyers, like Russ, fiercely protect their clients.   We cut his client's legs out from under him with the public investigation and further embarrassed him by firing him mid-season.  Put yourself in his shoes and you will see how ridiculous it is to think Dabo is coming to Auburn.        

• Like 2

30 minutes ago, LPTiger said:

giphy.gif

• Haha 3

38 minutes ago, LPTiger said:

Or he could know that Harsin is an actual piece of s*** and doesn’t care. 

• Like 3

9 minutes ago, LPTiger said:

One, you don't know Russ like I do.   Two, that would be a bad bet.   Three, you're not a lawyer and don't understand how legit lawyers, like Russ, fiercely protect their clients.   We cut his client's legs out from under him with the public investigation and further embarrassed him by firing him mid-season.  Put yourself in his shoes and you will see how ridiculous it is to think Dabo is coming to Auburn.        

Your correct , Don’t know him,. If he don’t get some money for handling two separate completely unrelated coaches, he has a poor compensation strategy. Unimaginable he would not make money from Harsin coming and next coach coming. Seems to me Harsin had already made enough mistakes that the Uni had to step in , in some way. Then he continued to follow that up with his own efforts to make his run at AU the poorest of any coach we have had. Few would argue that firing him mid season was the beast move AU has made in a few years, but maybe you aren’t in that camp. You are also correct, I am not a lawyer.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, LPTiger said:

Only for the last 33 years.

Source trust me bro... Dude you sound like a Harsin homer because last I checked the school never said publicly what the "investigation was about" he was fired due to not recruiting and not winning football games so... 😒😂

Edited by autiger88

10 minutes ago, Hank2020 said:

Your correct , Don’t know him,. If he don’t get some money for handling two separate completely unrelated coaches, he has a poor compensation strategy. Unimaginable he would not make money from Harsin coming and next coach coming. Seems to me Harsin had already made enough mistakes that the Uni had to step in , in some way. Then he continued to follow that up with his own efforts to make his run at AU the poorest of any coach we have had. Few would argue that firing him mid season was the beast move AU has made in a few years, but maybe you aren’t in that camp. You are also correct, I am not a lawyer.

Agents like Russ are on a yearly retainer.   They don't get a percentage.   They don't get more money in say year 3 of a contract where they do very little for the coach than in year 1 where they spend endless hours feeling out interest and negotiating.  I agree that an investigation was necessary.  What wasn't necessary was a PUBLIC investigation.   I have conducted 100's of these investigations and none of them involved the media even when public figures were involved.   We had folks who wanted Harsin terminated, and they thought airing the "mess" in public would cause that result.   It didn't, but it crippled our then-existing coach.   If you are an Auburn fan, and I am, firing him mid-season makes plenty of sense.  If you are his agent, that is a really harsh result considering the lack of support he received from people who matter plus the intentional public investigation.   Hars failed at Auburn, no doubt.   But Auburn people who matter, not folks like you me, failed Hars.   It is unfortunate, but it is a fact that people who wanted CKS as our coach made sure Hars had a  very difficult path to success.  In the end, Hars should've done several things differently, but, as they usually do, they got what they wanted and we, you, me and everyone on this board, are worse off for it. 

• Thanks 1

13 minutes ago, LPTiger said:

Agents like Russ are on a yearly retainer.   They don't get a percentage.   They don't get more money in say year 3 of a contract where they do very little for the coach than in year 1 where they spend endless hours feeling out interest and negotiating.  I agree that an investigation was necessary.  What wasn't necessary was a PUBLIC investigation.   I have conducted 100's of these investigations and none of them involved the media even when public figures were involved.   We had folks who wanted Harsin terminated, and they thought airing the "mess" in public would cause that result.   It didn't, but it crippled our then-existing coach.   If you are an Auburn fan, and I am, firing him mid-season makes plenty of sense.  If you are his agent, that is a really harsh result considering the lack of support he received from people who matter plus the intentional public investigation.   Hars failed at Auburn, no doubt.   But Auburn people who matter, not folks like you me, failed Hars.   It is unfortunate, but it is a fact that people who wanted CKS as our coach made sure Hars had a  very difficult path to success.  In the end, Hars should've done several things differently, but, as they usually do, they got what they wanted and we, you, me and everyone on this board, are worse off for it. 

Gotcha. I understand what you posted. So if they get more money in negotiation year (1), than they do in year 3 ( no negotiations), wouldn’t he make more money bringing Dabo? That would turn a year 3 to be a negotiation year.  You will not get me to believe the coaches don’t tell them who to contact, not the other way around. Probably over simplification. 

Edited by Hank2020

38 minutes ago, Hank2020 said:

Gotcha. I understand what you posted. So if they get more money in negotiation year (1), than they do in year 3 ( no negotiations), wouldn’t he make more money bringing Dabo? That would turn a year 3 to be a negotiation year.  You will not get me to believe the coaches don’t tell them who to contact, not the other way around. Probably over simplification. 

You read my post incorrectly.  I said they "don't" get more money in year 1 than in year 3. 

21 minutes ago, LPTiger said:

You read my post incorrectly.  I said they "don't" get more money in year 1 than in year 3. 

I agree with almost everything you said in your first post. Except what happened after Harsin was fired, and the fact that Caddy lit into the team at halftime in the last game, and not one player quit and cried to the media. Although I was- and absolutely will be- a supporter of EVERY AU coach until proven wrong, in mho I culled Harsin after watching the Penn State game. Not because we lost, but because of the total lack of any adjustments or changes that would have been made by any competent HS coach. Also, it's pretty obvious the players were struggling to play for him. They don't have this problem now. I'm not a lawyer or a friend of Dabo's agent. But I was a Harsin backer and have no problem seeing the difference in the team since BH was terminated. If you're lawyer friend is as smart as he is loyal , he doesn't either.

2 hours ago, LPTiger said:

the end, Hars should've done several things differently, but, as they usually do, they got what they wanted and we, you, me and everyone on this board, are worse off for it. 

I’m sorry but not sure how I or (from what I read on here) others are worse off with letting Harsin go.   From a football fan perspective, if you can’t see that the players are playing better now as opposed to when he was a coach, I’m not sure what to tell you.   When Harsin was hired, I believed that he was a good evaluator of talent and personnel and would be able to adapt that personnel to its strengths.    I was completely wrong because after watching TJ get the starting nod after seeing him play at the end of 2021 was mind blowing.   Especially with not upgrading the talent on the offensive line (which was another serious blunder).   Overall, Auburn is in a better place without Harsin being anywhere near Auburn, Al.   

• Like 1

6 hours ago, DAG said:

Oy vey. That is what you got out of my response?

Yes... I said nothing about Cohen and from covering and watching AU sports for 41 years, all i can say is that IF Cohen makes a real decision and not told who to hire by the PTB, like always, I will be shocked.

26 minutes ago, DKW 86 said:

Yes... I said nothing about Cohen and from covering and watching AU sports for 41 years, all i can say is that IF Cohen makes a real decision and not told who to hire by the PTB, like always, I will be shocked.

How will you know?

Just now, Hank2020 said:

How will you know?

If we hire a non-entity like Steele, Beamer, Clawson, Grimes....

Pearl was a Homerun Hire. We need a Homerun Hire like that for Football...

• Like 1