Beat Bama go to a Bowl Game

shabby

It would be so fantastic to be bowl eligible this year with Cadillac coaching. All it takes is one win over Bama.  Bama has never been more beatable. But sadly the sMe is true of us. But what a way to finish this miserable season if we did 

• Like 4

8 minutes ago, shabby said:

It would be so fantastic to be bowl eligible this year with Cadillac coaching. All it takes is one win over Bama.  Bama has never been more beatable. But sadly the sMe is true of us. But what a way to finish this miserable season if we did 

The football gods owe us this one.

• Haha 3

You can run on Alabama to an extent. Auburn hasn’t been competitive in Tuscaloosa since 2014. This would be an incredible upset. 

If Bryce Young has an off day then it’s totally possible because he is that offense. 

• Like 1

We’ve not beat them in BDS in what 12 years? Would be funny as hell to beat them with this team. Even in a “down year” they are far superior to us unfortunately. :( 

Love Caddy.  But we are not beating Bama in their house even in a "down" year for them.  Cam Newton is not in our backfield.  And we do not have a serviceable replacement for him.

We are "QB poor".  In an era that demands good QBs.

If we had a decent QB that could throw and mix the running and passing plays, we might have a chance.  But Bama has the DL and LBs to shut down the run game and force us to throw, which we can't.

Our starting QB couldn't start at most FCS schools.  That's just a hard but true fact.

But we have a week to dream...

• Like 2

48 minutes ago, woodford said:

You can run on Alabama to an extent. Auburn hasn’t been competitive in Tuscaloosa since 2014. This would be an incredible upset. 

If Bryce Young has an off day then it’s totally possible because he is that offense. 

They avg. 5.6 yds/carry for 200 yds/game. That ain’t Young.

55 minutes ago, hqsi99 said:

You know the SEC wants Auburn bowl eligible so the conference gets that sweet, sweet $$$$. 

The refs may actually be on our side for this one. 

If so, then it would be the first such event in modern times.

2 hours ago, MaxCohen216 said:

Love Caddy.  But we are not beating Bama in their house even in a "down" year for them.  Cam Newton is not in our backfield.  And we do not have a serviceable replacement for him.

We are "QB poor".  In an era that demands good QBs.

If we had a decent QB that could throw and mix the running and passing plays, we might have a chance.  But Bama has the DL and LBs to shut down the run game and force us to throw, which we can't.

Our starting QB couldn't start at most FCS schools.  That's just a hard but true fact.

But we have a week to dream...

Have to agree. As much as RA is a great athlete, he is sorely lacking at being an SEC QB. He is completely raw and come next year, I don’t think he will see the field at AU in a QB role. We are extremely one dimensional and against WKU in the first half, really couldn’t even run the ball that well. Caddy deserves so much credit for getting this team up over the last three games. I just don’t think we have the talent to make this game close enough. I’ll definitely be watching and hoping though, because even a low tier bowl game gives Caddy an extra game as HC and that would also be nice for the seniors. 

7 minutes ago, AUY2K said:

I think we go to a bowl regardless.

Beat bammer!

Seriously? I thought 6 games won was a requirement 

8 minutes ago, shabby said:

Seriously? I thought 6 games won was a requirement 

Depends...last year some 5-7 teams made it bc not enough 6 win teams to fill ALL of the bowl spots 

Do y'all really think we deserve a bowl game?  I guess if we luck up and beat Bama...

Otherwise, no 5-win team should feel accomplished enough to play a bonus game.

Edited by MaxCohen216

1 minute ago, MaxCohen216 said:

Do y'all really think we deserve a bowl game?  I guess if we luck up and beat Bama...

Otherwise, no 5-win team should feel accomplished enough to play a bonus game.

I agree but I want it for the players after all they've been through this year and I want Cadallac to coach a bowl game. 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, shabby said:

I agree but I want it for the players after all they've been through this year and I want Cadallac to coach a bowl game. 

Good point.

Lack of AU turnovers helped with the WKU win tremendously!  If we can play relatively mistake-free ball on Saturday, we have a chance.  Turnovers and penalties will doom us!

Players deserve a bowl game if Auburn is invited and as previously said….it would be AUsome for Carnell to have a chance to win a bowl game to finish out the season with a winning record!!!!!!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, MaxCohen216 said:

No 5-win team should expect (nor should be granted) a bonus (meaningless bowl) game.

There’s like 35 bowl games. Somebody has to play in them.