Does Auburn Have A Chance To Beat Bama? If so, How Does It Happen?

BHDAU1

Auburn has a great chance. So bama’s weak point this year has been their offensive line. Auburns strong point the last 3 weeks have been our defensive line. I would bet we get at least 2 turn overs off bama’s offense tomorrow. That said our offense will have to play better as well. We need to continue running the ball but Robby has to learn how to make the short passes in order to keep bama’s defense honest . Both of our runners are great once they get some speed up. Of course that hasn’t been Robby’s strong point so far. But that’s how we can win . Quick short passes and a hard running game and blitzing bama on defense. Young doesn’t make good decisions under pressure , that how we came close last year .  

Edited by Eagle Eye 7
  • Like 1

Also another reason I feel good about our chances is Bama hasn’t been getting the love from officials this year like normal and the SEC isn’t really interested in where Bama ends up in post season since they have zero chance of making the final 4. 🤔

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Eagle Eye 7 said:

Also another reason I feel good about our chances is Bama hasn’t been getting the love from officials this year like normal and the SEC isn’t really interested in where Bama ends up in post season since they have zero chance of making the final 4. 🤔

^^^ It has been a conspicuous contrast at least to the prior 4 or 5 years. 

If they can find that spark from the TAMU game that was clearly missing for three quarters against WKU, they play smart football and catch some key breakks, then there is a chance.

• Like 1

Sorry but smart ass answers incoming:

Do we have a chance to win: Yes, we do.

How do we do it: easy at the end of the game have more points than them...

😁😎

• Haha 1

It will be VERY hard since the game is in Tuscaloosa. Our last win in Tuscaloosa was 2010 with Cam and even then we went down 24-0. Since that game, we've lost in Tuscaloosa by an average of 4 touchdowns per game.

Our offense is mainly running the ball. Alabama is excellent against the run. They'll sellout and make Robby pass the ball, something he doesn't do well. Passes of 20 yards or less, Robby ranks last in the FBS. 

Hopefully it rains a ton because that would make both teams 1 dimensional.

1. Defense needs to play like last year or close to it.

2. We need to successfully run the ball with both RBs as well as the QB. 

3. Ashford needs to hit on the occasional playaction pass if we can establish the run game. 

• Like 1

special teams,  turn overs No stupid penalties. 

We need a blocked punt,  long kick or punt returns,  +2 turn overs,  and ZERO penalties at inopportune times.

Edited by Quietmaninthecorner
  • Like 1

On SEC/ESPN Network:

Must win in the trenches.

This is the main topic I found interesting: Ryan McGee, Here's What I Know; said it best by quoting Cadillac and what he is having all three of his coordinators do for the iron Bowl. He said strip down the playbook. Focus on the small handful of plays that we do best.

F-U-N: 27 Seniors, enjoy the Iron Bowl. Enjoying the moment of playing in the Iron Bowl.

K-I-S-S: Keep It Simple, Stupid. Worth repeating: Let's perfect the handful of plays that we do best. Make them beat us at what we do best.

W-D-E: So much is riding on the line; including the Iron Bowl. Bowl eligibility after a 5 game losing streak and fired head coach. Tank needs 100 yards to finish the season with 1000 yards. The team is focused on that too. A possible bowl game post season.

Edited by Bottomfeeder
  • Love 1