Apparently it’s Freeze

Auburn Tiger

1 minute ago, DAG said:

No need to apologize. I doubt Auburn is considering it either seeing as he probably would've gotten an interview or even an offer by now. Not a single soul has said so. In fact, it would seem like Auburn is throwing everything at everyone with the exception of Caddy. Hopefully that tells you something. Probably not though.

On this page alone you've gone from acknowledging that none of us know what's really going on with this job search to apparent clairvoyance on the issue. Impressive turnaround!

• Like 1

6 hours ago, aucom96 said:

I guess we wouldn't have canned Gus if that was a serious concern. 

We probably should consider, though:

- A coach who doesn't immediately divide the fanbase
- A coach who isn't an immediate ongoing negative PR problem
- A coach who runs an offense that excites top level athletes preparing for the pros instead of low level "do more with less" 
- A coach who can sell the program not just internally, but externally without immediately having NCAA infractions and hookers brought up

If we were going to go the route of a PR challenged coach, Urban Meyer has a much better resume. It's a high risk, meh reward hire. 

It is a meh hire. The hooker stuff would be far less of a concern if he was more qualified, at least for much of the fan base. I personally don’t approve the hooker stuff, but it’s not why I don’t want him as our HC.

Just now, msza said:

On this page alone you've gone from acknowledging that none of us know what's really going on with this job search to apparent clairvoyance on the issue. Impressive turnaround!

KEY WORDS: IT WOULD SEEM. I see comprehension is not your best. I figured you had an agenda with trying to convince us we should give caddy a shot. I will pass on this convo.

34 minutes ago, e808 said:

It’s looking that way. To want a coach with no baggage is mission impossible IMO. If a person digs hard enough everyone has something. I like Caddy but he isn’t ready. He was perfect for what Auburn needed after the firing.

Idk how many times this has to be said and have an even more difficult time understanding why this is so difficult for people on these boards to understand this while the seemingly vast majority of rest of the fanbase gets it….

Nobody is asking for a coach with zero baggage. People make mistakes and they (hopefully) learn and grow from them. That’s okay. What most people will not budge on are years of testimonies from women and girls who are now women of Hugh Freeze being a predatory creep. That goes back to Briarwood Christian (pre-Ole Miss) then you have what happened at Ole Miss. Now, at Liberty, you have him messaging a sexual assault victim attempting to shame and/or discredit them.

Now, clearly, a some of the people here can’t spell morality so I’d suspect that those same people might have a tough time with recognizing patterns, researching anything, etc. So it’s not surprising….but it’s surprising.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

19 minutes ago, msza said:

I've seen Jimbo lead two programs into the ground more recently than I've seen him win an NC. 

Caddy is not my first choice either but his performance over the past 4 games and the circumstances -- he's the current coach, after all -- merit consideration IMO.

It's been mentioned by others elsewhere, but are we sure HE wants to be considered? I'm sure he knows it's gonna be tough rebuilding this team considering who all we're losing and who's in place to replace them. If Cohen and Co. promote him I'll support him 100%, but like others have stated I'd hate to watch us turn on him like rabid dogs when he struggles...cause you know some of our fans would.

7 minutes ago, jknighton said:

It's been mentioned by others elsewhere, but are we sure HE wants to be considered? I'm sure he knows it's gonna be tough rebuilding this team considering who all we're losing and who's in place to replace them. If Cohen and Co. promote him I'll support him 100%, but like others have stated I'd hate to watch us turn on him like rabid dogs when he struggles...cause you know some of our fans would.

Good point. I think it's a reasonable assumption that he would at least be interested in hearing out an offer. He did accept the interim position after all.

2 minutes ago, msza said:

Good point. I think it's a reasonable assumption that he would at least be interested in hearing out an offer. He did accept the interim position after all.

I just hate to see our fans rip him apart when he makes some questionable calls next year. We all knew that there was a possibility that he could lose all 4 of his games, but we didn't care and cheered for him and the players despite all the mistakes they made.

If the Iron Bowl would've played out the exact way yesterday with Harsin as HC, do you think we would've been proud of the performance like we were with Cadillac?

When does the feel good story end and the talks of him being in over his head begin? I'd rather do everything to retain him on the next staff and let him grow instead of feeding him to the wolves.

• Like 4

6 minutes ago, jknighton said:

I just hate to see our fans rip him apart when he makes some questionable calls next year. We all knew that there was a possibility that he could lose all 4 of his games, but we didn't care and cheered for him and the players despite all the mistakes they made.

If the Iron Bowl would've played out the exact way yesterday with Harsin as HC, do you think we would've been proud of the performance like we were with Cadillac?

When does the feel good story end and the talks of him being in over his head begin? I'd rather do everything to retain him on the next staff and let him grow instead of feeding him to the wolves.

Agree with this completely.  Caddy isn't ready to be a HC, yet, and making him a HC now, especially an SEC HC, is just setting him up for disaster.

• Like 4

30 minutes ago, Pat Fossum said:

Idk how many times this has to be said and have an even more difficult time understanding why this is so difficult for people on these boards to understand this while the seemingly vast majority of rest of the fanbase gets it….

Nobody is asking for a coach with zero baggage. People make mistakes and they (hopefully) learn and grow from them. That’s okay. What most people will not budge on are years of testimonies from women and girls who are now women of Hugh Freeze being a predatory creep. That goes back to Briarwood Christian (pre-Ole Miss) then you have what happened at Ole Miss. Now, at Liberty, you have him messaging a sexual assault victim attempting to shame and/or discredit them.

Now, clearly, a some of the people here can’t spell morality so I’d suspect that those same people might have a tough time with recognizing patterns, researching anything, etc. So it’s not surprising….but it’s surprising.

Please give this a rest or this thread will be shut down. All this self righteous morality vs he is redeemed stuff over a guy who has not even received an offer. We have no clue what other people can recognize, research, etc so please put the morality police badge away. Some posters may just be in a place to forgive and forget and others like you have drawn a hard line in the sand. Neither side is changing the others mind, so the debate should end hence why the other thread got the axe. All it led to was name calling and arguing like we were at Wednesday night bible study. Freeze ain’t coming to coach here, and probably never was.

• Thanks 2
  • Love 1

3 minutes ago, jknighton said:

I'd argue that fan criticism is part of the job...and that fan toxicity is an unfortunate reality at any top(ish) program. It would be for him to decide whether he wants to take that on. 

As I've said above I think there are more qualified candidates for the position. I just found it distasteful that a poster suggested our rivals would laugh if we offered the position to him. He stepped into a mess of a situation and proved himself capable.

Something tells me Saban isn't laughing about how the Tigers ran for 300+ yards on him for the first time in his tenure there in Caddy's 4th game as head coach.

10 minutes ago, msza said:

Something tells me Saban isn't laughing about how the Tigers ran for 300+ yards

Saban was too busy postering why Bama should make the playoffs. Come on man. That is about as meaningless as when posters were begging up CLK for getting 700 yards against Arkansas.

10 minutes ago, msza said:

I'd argue that fan criticism is part of the job...and that fan toxicity is an unfortunate reality at any top(ish) program. It would be for him to decide whether he wants to take that on. 

As I've said above I think there are more qualified candidates for the position. I just found it distasteful that a poster suggested our rivals would laugh if we offered the position to him. He stepped into a mess of a situation and proved himself capable.

Something tells me Saban isn't laughing about how the Tigers ran for 300+ yards on him for the first time in his tenure there in Caddy's 4th game as head coach.

The interesting thing about the 300+ yards is that they knew it was coming, and they couldn’t stop it.  We ran some really innovative plays yesterday. 

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, lovemytigerz said:

Agree with this completely.  Caddy isn't ready to be a HC, yet, and making him a HC now, especially an SEC HC, is just setting him up for disaster.

Agreed but we can insist the new coach keep Caddy as RB Coach and asst HC. Not only dies Caddy deserve this but especially in the case of Freeze you need a reliable inside guy in case Freeze attempts his past crap. I think Caddy has shown his character building resume and that should be important for the top brass and also being one of the best RBs in college football his coaching can’t be denied. 🤔🦅

Just now, msza said:

I agree with you that I could care less what our rivals think.

The recruiting has been better and I could see him pulling in a top 20 class while also cleaning up in the portal.

Would he be able to make the tough decisions on Friend and Schmedding? He would have to replace them with coordinators who can make up for his lack of experience. That's where I feel he would struggle. Finding strong coordinators to run the offense and defense while letting him be a figurehead like Saban or Dabo.

I'll support Cadillac if he is hired, but some people compare Dabo to this situation and it is starkly different. Dabo had more experience and was an outsider. Cadillac is still fairly "green" and is one of OURS! Clemson had no emotional attachment to whether he succeeded or failed, but failure by Cadillac would be different.

• Like 1

52 minutes ago, jknighton said:

I know u asking a question but I highly doubt u get that effort from the team if Harsin was coaching. The players give it their all for him and it seems some adjustments are made. As much as Caddy is loved he will catch some heat if hired. Probably more than he would with some years of experience. I for one wouldnt want to see him put in such a bad spot 

• Like 4

1 minute ago, SeattleTiger86 said:

The interesting thing about the 300+ yards is that they knew it was coming, and they couldn’t stop it.  We ran some really innovative plays yesterday. 

Even Saben discussed that in his presser. He said they planned for AUs run and still couldn’t stop it even with #31 across the line from them. No

one can deny what a great job that Caddy did coaching the run game. 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, NoALtiger said:

Fun while it lasted. Crazy dude will probably be back though and the show will go on. 

Dat guy is certified nutzo.   Hope he gets his meds tonight. 

4 hours ago, Eagle Eye 7 said:

Agreed but we can insist the new coach keep Caddy as RB Coach and asst HC. Not only dies Caddy deserve this but especially in the case of Freeze you need a reliable inside guy in case Freeze attempts his past crap. I think Caddy has shown his character building resume and that should be important for the top brass and also being one of the best RBs in college football his coaching can’t be denied. 🤔🦅

We should not insist that the new coach keep Caddy.  The new coach must have full autonomy over his staff, the systems he implements, and the other decisions he makes.

The AD might just politely mention Caddy as someone who might get an extra look in deciding who may be retained.  It would create A LOT of goodwill with the fans who love him.  There are some other coaches on the staff that should get a look, too .. Zac Etheridge for one.  But, in the end, the final decisions are up to the new HC.

4 hours ago, DAG said:

Saban was too busy postering why Bama should make the playoffs. Come on man. That is about as meaningless as when posters were begging up CLK for getting 700 yards against Arkansas.

Yeah Herbstreit bought into it, dissed his own Buckeyes. Thing is.. Bama says they are two plays from 12-0, yet they are two plays from 8-4.

Will Herring put out a video on twitter supporting hiring Freeze. Guess he has no morals either,huh?