Apparently it’s Freeze

Auburn Tiger

Just now, Win4AU said:

I thought this to myself but it makes sense. Liberty is rehab for coaches.  I never dug into everything that happened but I think Briles and the player who were accused of sexual misconduct at Baylor were later cleared of wrong doing?  If true that’s better than Auburn’s potential new hire.

Depends on who you talk to as to what Briles' role was in it all.  But I know alums from Baylor and they lean toward the school blaming what they could on Briles to make the school look less culpable.  YMMV 

5 minutes ago, Win4AU said:

I thought this to myself but it makes sense. Liberty is rehab for coaches.  I never dug into everything that happened but I think Briles and the player who were accused of sexual misconduct at Baylor were later cleared of wrong doing?  If true that’s better than Auburn’s potential new hire.

There's been a lot of allegations about Briles' termination. But I wonder if you're referring to the NCAA decision not to discipline him? 2021 reporting....

https://nypost.com/2021/08/11/ncaa-not-punishing-baylor-coach-art-briles-for-sexual-assault-allegations/

“In each instance, when the head coach received information from a staff member regarding potential criminal conduct by a football student-athlete, he did not report the information and did not personally look any further into the matter,” the panel said. “His incurious attitude toward potential criminal conduct by his student-athletes was deeply troubling to the panel.

“As one panel member observed at the hearing when questioning the head coach’s lack of response to this information, ‘a lot of these things that we’re talking about, they’re not NCAA rules violations . . . (or) university policy violations. They’re felonies. (W)e’re talking about rapes and physical assaults,’” according to the report. “The head coach failed to meet even the most basic expectations of how a person should react to the kind of conduct at issue in this case. Furthermore, as a campus leader, the head coach is held to an even higher standard. He completely failed to meet this standard.”

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, gr82b4au said:

Maybe the reason we cannot hire anyone is because of our Fanbase. 

💯💯💯🔥🔥🔥

4 minutes ago, AURealist said:

Depends on who you talk to as to what Briles' role was in it all.  But I know alums from Baylor and they lean toward the school blaming what they could on Briles to make the school look less culpable.  YMMV 

There must be something to it all considering he’s struggled to gain employees since 2016?  That being said of all the coaches Aranda, Rhule, Briles that have made Baylor a good team those Brile’s Baylor teams could be beat anyone.

1 minute ago, Win4AU said:

There must be something to it all considering he’s struggled to gain employees since 2016?  That being said of all the coaches Aranda, Rhule, Briles that have made Baylor a good team those Brile’s Baylor teams could be beat anyone.

That's the impression, but really, it's probably a PR risk most schools don't want to take. 

27 minutes ago, Tigerpro2a said:

LMAO full of scumbags. Half the people lashing out on his potential hire have absolutely No clue what they are talking about especially in regards to the twitter and DMs. It's crazy.

Wish I could give this 5 upvotes

• Like 2
  • Facepalm 1
  • Dislike 1

25 minutes ago, AURealist said:

Briles was exonerated. I'd love for Auburn to hire him.

Edited by woodford
  • Like 2
  • Facepalm 1
  • Dislike 1

18 minutes ago, VegasEagle said:

He made some good points the only problem is he didn’t add a solution. If Gus if the standard he is using,  based on winning percentage only Dabo would fit that criteria from the information put out there regarding the search. Some wouldn’t want him either because of Bama ties. If Urban would take the job there would blow back there. Lanning and Sanders are wild cards. Either way this goes it seems a can’t win situation 

Edited by e808
  • Like 1

59 minutes ago, BizTiger said:

I'm more amazed that people think Hugh Freeze is worthy of the Auburn football job based on his football record. 

Exactly. Thank you. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, SeattleTiger86 said:

<sarcasm>
Freeze - HC

Briles - OC

</sarcasm>
… if you really want to burn AU all the way down.

It would burn pretty easy because there would be toilet paper all over the place

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

31 minutes ago, woodford said:

I suppose you think Dr. Death wasn’t a problem because the hospitals decided to just fire him and the medical boards ignored the warnings to keep egg off their faces? 

Baylor and Briles were both a s*** show handling that investigation and trying to minimize the fallout. I certainly don’t think you look at those reports and say gee whiz he was an upstanding dude. 

Hell,  he has the Freeze victim blaming down when the woman accused his players of gang rape and his response was to ask why she was hanging around bad dudes. 

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, VegasEagle said:

I'm not sure when it happened, but Americans have evidently become so illiterate, poorly educated, and poorly spoken that swearing has become the only way to provide emphasis, although not clarity, to whatever point is being made.

Not sure what his point was b/c I refuse to listen to an expletive laden rant.  It is a clue that there may be a low IQ, and an inability to critically think through issues and articulate a position.  It simply undermines any point he is trying to make.

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, lovemytigerz said:

I'm not sure when it happened, but Americans have evidently become so illiterate, poorly educated, and poorly spoken that swearing has become the only way to provide emphasis, although not clarity, to whatever point is being made.

Not sure what his point was b/c I refuse to listen to an expletive laden rant.  It is a clue that there may be a low IQ, and an inability to critically think through issues and articulate a position.  It simply undermines any point he is trying to make.

I wonder if he is a poster on the board

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, NWALA Tiger said:

I wonder if he is a poster on the board

I have no idea.  He needs to think more of himself than to blather expletives in place of an argument.  It does not bolster his point, and it reflects poorly on him.

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, woodford said:

It would burn pretty easy because there would be toilet paper all over the place

Harsin already burned this thing to the foundation. That would tear the foundation up. 

Edited by gr82b4au

44 minutes ago, woodford said:

Explain what this means. To my understanding, Briles was not exonerated at all. As I posted above, the 2021 NCAA report is damning.

5 minutes ago, ToomersRevenge said:

I suppose you think Dr. Death wasn’t a problem because the hospitals decided to just fire him and the medical boards ignored the warnings to keep egg off their faces? 

Baylor and Briles were both a s*** show handling that investigation and trying to minimize the fallout. I certainly don’t think you look at those reports and say gee whiz he was an upstanding dude. 

Hell,  he has the Freeze victim blaming down when the woman accused his players of gang rape and his response was to ask why she was hanging around bad dudes. 

I'll be honest with you man, I could not give two you know what's what ESPN, or any other corporate news company reports or thinks about a private, Baptist university in the state of Texas. They destroyed Briles' career and dragged Baylor (and every person attached to the school mostly innocent folks) because they are everything your average media member hates.

Shawn Oakman was innocent too. You think Schlabach and every other hack journalist who tried to destroy his career have apologized to him? Those people are scum of the earth.