Apparently it’s Freeze

Auburn Tiger

1 hour ago, gr82b4au said:

if we hire him It just shows that either Auburn is as toxic as everyone says, or we are as stupid as everyone says. 

The fact that lane and Hugh were the options that we were looking at the whole time is just terrible, depressing, and extremely disappointing. 

We needed Harsin to work out. This dysfunction was written in stone years ago 

14 minutes ago, VegasEagle said:

get ready for all this fun...  I don't believe Freeze is , but,  our rivals will skull drag us on this.

image.png

Cool, u never want your arch rival to say u made a good hire

• Facepalm 1

10 minutes ago, Hank2020 said:

Look up Freeze DM

Couldn't find anything other than what was posted here.  I found a bunch of her tweets, though.

1 minute ago, The Freak said:

Couldn't find anything other than what was posted here.  I found a bunch of her tweets, though.

Look deep in the article poster earlier. The one dm is at the bottom. Very innocuous.

4 minutes ago, CCTAU said:

Look deep in the article poster earlier. The one dm is at the bottom. Very innocuous.

Yeah, the "Jesus like leader" sentence is the only thing I've seen.

19 hours ago, lovemytigerz said:

We should not insist that the new coach keep Caddy.  The new coach must have full autonomy over his staff, the systems he implements, and the other decisions he makes.

The AD might just politely mention Caddy as someone who might get an extra look in deciding who may be retained.  It would create A LOT of goodwill with the fans who love him.  There are some other coaches on the staff that should get a look, too .. Zac Etheridge for one.  But, in the end, the final decisions are up to the new HC.

No we should insist. As I said the AU president had to meet with the SEC brass and give his word that if AU hired Freeze that it would come with conditions to insure that Freeze follows policy. So insisting that Freeze hire someone the President has trust in is not only good but required and Freeze knows that. 

1 hour ago, NWALA Tiger said:

Hugh is no more a pedo than any other coach. Did he attempt to cheat the system? Yes just like every other D1 coach. Now with the NIL in place I don’t think anyone has to anymore. But the question is can Hugh win and do it correctly at AU and the answer is yes. Has he made mistakes yes and he paid the price for it . So AU needs to keep a close eye on Hugh and insure he stays in line. I think Rich will do a great job of that. We will see. 

Edited by Eagle Eye 7
  • Like 2

I am pretty sure Auburn used a search firm and was aware of all this new information that was recently released to the public. If Cohen had 58 points he should have been aware of all the concerns people had and weighed them accordingly. Now comes the hard part of people having to make a decision do u support these young men or turn ur back because of the coach

1 minute ago, Eagle Eye 7 said:

Hugh is no more a pedo than any other coach. Did he attempt to cheat the system? Yes just like every other D1 coach. Now with the NIL in place I don’t think anyone has to anymore. But the question is can Hugh win and do it correctly at AU and the answer is yes. Has he made mistakes yes and he paid the price for it . So AU needs to keep a close eye on Hugh and insure he stays in line. I think Rich will do a great job of that. We will see. 

Good post

1 minute ago, Eagle Eye 7 said:

High is no more a pedo than any other coach. Did he attempt to cheat the system? Yes just like every other D1 coach. Now with the NIL in place I don’t think anyone has to anymore. But the question is can Hugh win and do it correctly at AU and the answer is yes. Has he made mistakes yes and he paid the price for it . So AU needs to keep a close eye on Hugh and insure he stays in line. I think Rich will do a great job of that. We will see. 

The question is can Freeze not get caught doing the D.A. things that all of them do. The jury is still out on that. I support but agree that he needs a short leash. 

1 hour ago, NWALA Tiger said:

it is more of our own "fans." At least we will be there when success happens.

I don’t agree with Finebuam on much but I do agree with his latest comment. Trying to look self righteous at AU is BS. We have our skeletons just like everyone else. If we are really good people we allow folks second chances, I know I’ve had quite a few, and most of the time they work out well. Hugh admitted he messed up 5 years ago, paid his price and deserves another chance. AU needs to be serious and tell Hugh it comes with conditions and Hugh knows it will. I’m sure Liberty also had conditions . We are hiring him to make AU football relevant again and he has that ability. We aren’t hiring him to be the Chaplin . Let’s welcome Hugh and get behind these players. I know the players are excited and you will see a spark in our recruiting in the next two months. Nuff said

• Like 3

Again just so everyone knows the SEC bylaws required AU president to meet with the SEC  commissioner and promise to insure Hugh would not make another mistake like that and to present a plan to insure that. Just like we did with Bruce Pearl when we hired him. We had to agree that Bruce couldn’t personally recruit for a period of time. That is the rules . So yes Hugh will be in a short leash at least for a while. 

Guest MustardSeed
2 hours ago, DyeCampAlum said:

If you're up on the thread, you know these DMs are precisely the reason I believe Auburn should not consider Freeze. That said, nothing in the story indicates that federal investigators are looking into Freeze personally.

If you look at it objectively…

Liberty is under federal investigation for covering up sex crimes and intimidation of victims. The girl Freeze texted to get her to shut up is at the center of the investigation having been interviewed several times by the federal investigators…she is still after that fact publicly calling for Auburn not to hire Freeze based on her encounters with him…

If the investigation centers around cover ups and intimidation…and High Freeze has been publicly accused of acting in this manner by one of the victims…it’s extremely safe to assume he’s part of the investigation.  Now he may have been cleared and we don’t know yet,  but there’s practically zero chance him sending her private messages regarding her allegations isn’t part of the investigation. 

5 minutes ago, MustardSeed said:

If you look at it objectively…

Liberty is under federal investigation for covering up sex crimes and intimidation of victims. The girl Freeze texted to get her to shut up is at the center of the investigation having been interviewed several times by the federal investigators…she is still after that fact publicly calling for Auburn not to hire Freeze based on her encounters with him…

If the investigation centers around cover ups and intimidation…and High Freeze has been publicly accused of acting in this manner by one of the victims…it’s extremely safe to assume he’s part of the investigation.  Now he may have been cleared and we don’t know yet,  but there’s practically zero chance him sending her private messages regarding her allegations isn’t part of the investigation. 

• Like 1

I stopped going to Auburn games b/c they refused to fire Gus Malzahn, and then, in 2017, the buffoons running Auburn gave him a fat contract extension.  Football is not important enough to be upset about .. there are no eternal consequences for those of us who just turn it off.  

I think I'm just done.  The money has ruined the sport, and Auburn has crushed my love.

Guest MustardSeed
5 minutes ago, lovemytigerz said:

I stopped going to Auburn games b/c they refused to fire Gus Malzahn, and then, in 2017, the buffoons running Auburn gave him a fat contract extension.  Football is not important enough to be upset about .. there are no eternal consequences for those of us who just turn it off.  

I think I'm just done.  The money has ruined the sport, and Auburn has crushed my love.

Good luck to you. I’m done supporting anything this University does until every single person involved with this hire no longer works there or gives money. That will likely be til my death and that’s perfectly fine. They’ve sold their souls for power and greed and I’ll not have any part of it ever again. 

8 minutes ago, MustardSeed said:

Good luck to you. I’m done supporting anything this University does until every single person involved with this hire no longer works there or gives money. That will likely be til my death and that’s perfectly fine. They’ve sold their souls for power and greed and I’ll not have any part of it ever again. 

Hate to see you go! War Eagle!

24 minutes ago, MustardSeed said:

They should really remove the creed from Auburn.  

• Dislike 1