Well…

gr82b4au

6 minutes ago, NoALtiger said:

Oh at this point there’s even a fire Cohen thread lol. In a day full of dumb takes that’s got to take the top prize lol. 

For sure... I said it earlier in one of the other threads... as a joke based on everyone losing their mind and lo and behold here we are.

Just now, gctiger said:

How so?  Because he bought and signed 1 top ranked player?

He brings an excitement that packs out Jackson St and has people vested and interested in the program in a very short period of time. He has people nationally talking about him and the Jackson St program. When is the last time that has happened for Jax St…He also hasn’t done Terrible coaching. I think it would be idle if he was successful and proven in the power 5 but guess what when/if that happens we won’t be getting him. So your right hire some form of Gus 2.0 and be done with it.

• Facepalm 1

16 minutes ago, sevenlee36 said:

He brings an excitement that packs out Jackson St and has people vested and interested in the program in a very short period of time. He has people nationally talking about him and the Jackson St program. When is the last time that has happened for Jax St…He also hasn’t done Terrible coaching. I think it would be idle if he was successful and proven in the power 5 but guess what when/if that happens we won’t be getting him. So your right hire some form of Gus 2.0 and be done with it.

He’s not even a Gus 2.0.  The only attribute that impressed me is his popularity, but that’s offset by all of his other issues that go way back.  We can do much better, even if we have to roll the dice with Caddy.  

Just now, gctiger said:

He’s not even a Gus 2.0.  The only attribute that impressed me is his popularity, but that’s offset by all of his other issues that go way back.  We can do much better, even if we have to roll the dice with Caddy.  

Well we are certainly the most creative fan base so I’m sure many will want Caddy. He played at Auburn didn’t he? If so hire him.

2 minutes ago, sevenlee36 said:

Well we are certainly the most creative fan base so I’m sure many will want Caddy. He played at Auburn didn’t he? If so hire him.

That shouldn’t factor into the equation much, if at all.  I was merely saying that if we’re gonna really roll the dice with an true unknown then we may as well roll them with Caddy instead of Deion.  

Edited by gctiger

43 minutes ago, NoALtiger said:

Oh at this point there’s even a fire Cohen thread lol. In a day full of dumb takes that’s got to take the top prize lol. 

It gets even worse if you want to hop over to the Calling All True Auburn Fans thread that’s recruiting fans to match over to Cohen’s house to demand an explanation.  

Edited by gctiger

9 minutes ago, gctiger said:

It gets even worse if you want to hop over to the Calling All True Auburn Fans thread that’s recruiting fans to match over to Cohen’s house to demand an explanation.  

Dude, it’s a joke.  

• Like 1

1 hour ago, sevenlee36 said:

It’s about the same. I think from a national recruiting perspective Prime Time wins and bring in more talent. We need talent/players.

On the surface Jumbo Fisher has a much more impressive resume with a natty and probably the most impressive recruiting class ever.  His credentials run circles around Deion’s.  How’s all that working out for TAMU?

My point is that it’s about way more than just recruiting.  

Edited by gctiger
  • Like 1

Just now, gctiger said:

On the surface Jumbo Fisher has a much more impressive resume with a natty and probably the most impressive recruiting class ever.  His credentials run circles around Deion’s.  How’s all that working out for TAMU?

Well at worst if they replace Jimbo the next coach will have talent to work with. Must be nice. Long term recruiting elite talent I think will be a net positive.

Just now, sevenlee36 said:

Well at worst if they replace Jimbo the next coach will have talent to work with. Must be nice. Long term recruiting elite talent I think will be a net positive.

But much of that talent is likely hitting the portal after this season’s melt down.  

1 hour ago, Win4AU said:

Probably noonish tomorrow it'll break.  Interested to see who the mystery candidate thats come up in the past couple days?  Sounds like its either them or Freeze.  I just hope we are maxing both these coaches at 5mil for 5 years with an affordable buyout.  Only coaches that validate more than 5 mil are Kirby, Saban, Dabo, Day, Harbaugh, Maybe Franklin, Maybe Lincoln Riley, Maybe Brian Kelly.  Value Buy would be Norvell (who should have replaced Gus), Washington's coach, maybe Wazzou or Oregon State's coach.  

You ain’t getting anyone to AU for 5 m.

41 minutes ago, WFE12 said:

That will work great until you can’t get the recruits and you don’t win. Then this pious fan base will crucify one of our own. 
But at this point, go ahead. Give them what they want. It looks like we’ll have go through our Shula years before we get to our savior anyway. Just doit. And let’s begin the process.

17 hours ago, Win4AU said:

I actually think Caddy could have just as big an impact as Deion.  Deion has that initial appeal but I gotta believe Caddy would close just as hard.  If recruiting is sales and the best sales men seem like they are offering value and not selling then I think Caddy could sell Auburn like no other.  Add Reed and Etheridge and recruiting in general is not an issue.  Auburn will recruit itself next season with the amount of opportunities available and the stability with coach.  I think if you put Caddy in control Auburn would generally get top 5-10 recruiting classes at least his 1st 2 years.    

I think Caddy is 100% better than Deion. Both played the same level. Caddy has coached a little longer. First and foremost, Carnell Williams LOVES AUBURN. I still don’t think Cadillac is the right hire right now. I wouldn’t even consider Prime Time. If we did keep Cadillac, I would be proud to have him as our coach. I just don’t know if it would be successful and that could be as bad for him as us. 

• Like 2

So let's get this straight, 

Nebraska hires Matt Rhule a proven builder and winner at his previous CFB stops

Wisconsin hires Fickell a proven winner at a G5 school and even led them to a CFP appearance....

Meanwhile we are still spinning our wheels on in all likelihood Danny Freeze.... 

I guess that's why I am not consulted about these things... cause it seems to me that MR and LF are higher on the pecking order than DHF...

I am normally a patient person.  But what the hell have we been doing for the past month?  We should’ve had our guy lined up ready to announce already. I knew Lane was pulling our strings and we just took it.  I never trusted the guy.  Even if we thought we had him, there should be a plan B and a plan C and even a D.  It’s frustrating to see Nebraska, ASU, and Wisconsin all announce this weekend.  And now I see Georgia Tech is making moves as well.  WTH are we doing??  It’s all too quiet and I’m losing my patience 

• Like 5

3 minutes ago, Ber798297 said:

I am normally a patient person.  But what the hell have we been doing for the past month?  We should’ve had our guy lined up ready to announce already. I knew Lane was pulling our strings and we just took it.  I never trusted the guy.  Even if we thought we had him, there should be a plan B and a plan C and even a D.  It’s frustrating to see Nebraska, ASU, and Wisconsin all announce this weekend.  And now I see Georgia Tech is making moves as well.  WTH are we doing??  It’s all too quiet and I’m losing my patience 

Completely agree. We’ve had a month+ head start on all these other schools, and my F5ing has not given me actual news yet.

image.gif