Brian Johnson Eagles QB coach getting some buzz

TigerHorn

Guest MustardSeed
32 minutes ago, alexava said:

Or they are talking to people like harsin who you would never suspect. 

Well you’re absolutely right. I’d never expect Harsin 

Apparently AU decision makers are only interested in drama kings or candidates with shady pasts so that leaves Johnson out. 

• Haha 1

So he’s never run a high level organization at any level, doesn’t call plays, coaches QB’s to run someone else’s scheme, and has the left over Mullen scent to boot. Im not ruling this guy out but logic dictates to me that I find it highly unlikely Cohen is gonna stake his AU career on hiring this guy. That’s super risky and we literally just saw what happens to an AD that makes the wrong call. To many unknowns for me. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

We don't know if this guy would be a good hire or not, but, IMHO, if they're seriously looking at someone who has never been a HC, just take the interim tag off Cadillac. 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Randy4AU said:

We don't know if this guy would be a good hire or not, but, IMHO, if they're seriously looking at someone who has never been a HC, just take the interim tag off Cadillac. 

His prior experience certainly outruns Cadillac.

37 minutes ago, Randy4AU said:

Caddy isn’t interested. Move on 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, AU North said:

Just curious:  Do any of the recruiting experts out there know anything about BJ as a recruiter while he was coaching in the SEC?  WDE

He's very good not the best but very good. As a HC he would be more of a closer on recruits 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, AU North said:

Just curious:  Do any of the recruiting experts out there know anything about BJ as a recruiter while he was coaching in the SEC?  WDE

https://247sports.com/Coach/Brian-Johnson-908/AllTimeRecruits/

I agree with @augolf1716 He’s landed some big fish. A positive to him is he has coached in Texas, Mississippi, and Florida and knows that geography. He’s from Texas and is very well respected there by high school coaches. He also still has some West Coast connections from his time in Utah and has landed some Cali kids. Based on our current situation, I would be happy with this hire. 

Edited by Gowebb11
  • Like 4

3 hours ago, AU North said:

Saw a note earlier that said he was best recruiter on Fla staff.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Bro Johnny Mac said:

But some people don’t think he’s qualified for AU... and the NFL could be looking at him soon for a HC..

It’s because we have no one that can think outside the box. We have no one with connections that can make an informed hire. They only know what’s familiar to them. Florida went and got Urban Meyer from Utah. LSU got Saban from Michigan St. No prior SEC connections with either coach, and they turned out to be multiple National Champions. We should be looking for the next great coach instead of the next re-tread.

6 minutes ago, CameronCrazy said:

It’s because we have no one that can think outside the box. We have no one with connections that can make an informed hire. They only know what’s familiar to them. Florida went and got Urban Meyer from Utah. LSU got Saban from Michigan St. No prior SEC connections with either coach, and they turned out to be multiple National Champions. We should be looking for the next great coach instead of the next re-tread.

We literally did that on the Harsin hire.