This is getting old...

VegasEagle

5 minutes ago, Cardin Drake said:

Convince me we and by we I mean Auburn planned to sit on the sidelines today while everyone else announced a coach.  I'm giving Cohen credit. I don't think that was the plan, cuz it's a bad plan.

From the horses mouth:

On the process of hiring a football coach…

“It’s a very, very long process. In fact, I have 58 things on this piece of paper that we’ll go through as we go through this process of looking for a new head football coach. It all starts with culture. It starts with X’s and O’s and it starts with recruiting. Those three things have to be upfront but there’s a whole lot of other things that have to be answered before you get really deep into it. 

On his process to make the head football coach hire…

“I won’t talk about the process per se. It obviously dominates my time, which it should. The football head coaching position at Auburn University is a critical decision and we take it with the utmost seriousness. There will not be anything we don’t look at. Everything’s on the table every day. But I’m not going to go into dates and times and process and when the finish line is going to be. We’re going to get there when we get there and we’re going to make the right decision for this great institution.”

At no point has he ever said that "Your" timeliness is his timeline.. the fact that anything was going to be announced today, tomorrow, Thursday, last Friday it is all a baseless rumor. 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Cardin Drake said:

3 quick steps to making yourself the most unpopular man in Auburn:

1) Let Lane Kiffen use you to get himself a raise at Ole Miss

2) Be so clueless that your don't vet your backup plan properly

3) Don't have a 3rd option in place.

This was all so damn obvious. So, despite having the most attractive job available, we are sitting here watching every other school name a head coach today while we give a whole new dimension to JABA. I'm pissed. Some good guys took jobs elsewhere.

You are right.  We have the best available job in the NCAA.  Yet we have seemingly lost out on our top target (Kiffin), and had no backup plan.  Apparently, but looks can be deceiving.

If we lose out on Kiffin and Prime, it's just JABA all over again.

My goodness, we have had the most attractive HC job available since Michael Myers and Halloween.  Yet we can't get a really good coach top come here.

I am depressed.

• Like 1

There are a lot of assumptions being made about a lot of things on this board. We are all affected by ghosts of Auburn past but truth is we really don’t know much. Lets just see what happens. 

• Like 7

4 minutes ago, Taker said:

At no point has he ever said that "Your" timeliness is his timeline.. the fact that anything was going to be announced today, tomorrow, Thursday, last Friday it is all a baseless rumor. 

I really appreciate your positive attitude. I really do. 
I just think that Most AU fans realize that we are in the same place we have been with every football hire ever made at this university. Most, including myself, have seen this movie so many times.

And common sense says that we MUST have a hire in place immediately so that we can hit the portal in 8 days and also set up recruiting visits because, you know, we are close to last in the SEC thanks to Harsin. 
I will be patient but waiting past Wednesday will tell me 1) it will be a really big name or 2) we failed again. 

• Like 5

8 minutes ago, Tigers77 said:

There are a lot of assumptions being made about a lot of things on this board. We are all affected by ghosts of Auburn past but truth is we really don’t know much. Lets just see what happens. 

Your rational take will not get you far in here.... but I agree

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

Just now, Taker said:

Your rational take will not get you far in here.... but I agree

Lots of Auburn PTSD so I kinda get it but going all out worst case scenario when we really don’t know anything concrete seems silly. 

2 minutes ago, gr82b4au said:

I really appreciate your positive attitude. I really do. 
I just think that Most AU fans realize that we are in the same place we have been with every football hire ever made at this university. Most, including myself, have seen this movie so many times.

And common sense says that we MUST have a hire in place immediately so that we can hit the portal in 8 days and also set up recruiting visits because, you know, we are close to last in the SEC thanks to Harsin. 
I will be patient but waiting past Wednesday will tell me 1) it will be a really big name or 2) we failed again. 

I agree, we could fail miserably or we could actually succeed highly and I am in the camp at the moment that we are gonna be happily surprised. 

• Like 2

Just now, Tigers77 said:

Lots of Auburn PTSD so I kinda get it but going all out worst case scenario when we really don’t know anything concrete seems silly. 

This is what I have been saying... the sky isn't falling... would it be worth maybe missing the deadlines of ESD and Portal play for a massive hire? ABSOLUTELY it would... there is a big picture and some people aren't looking at it. 

• Thanks 3

2 minutes ago, gr82b4au said:

If you want to think positively, remember that we no longer have Harsin. That should make you smile. 

🍻

28 minutes ago, Taker said:

This is what I have been saying... the sky isn't falling... would it be worth maybe missing the deadlines of ESD and Portal play for a massive hire? ABSOLUTELY it would... there is a big picture and some people aren't looking at it. 

THIS!!!!!!!!!!  🔼 🔼 🔼 🔼

• Like 2

Just now, lovemytigerz said:

Caddy is the desperate choice, Caddy is the emotional choice; Caddy is not the good choice, either for him or for Auburn.

I agree. There’s no good choice that is interested. Cadillac is the only one that could be bad for him. Or the only one I care about. But I will support him 100% if he’s hired. 

2 hours ago, VegasEagle said:

Harsin was fired over four weeks ago. To add to that fact, it was not a surprise that he was getting fired and this year was a big portal grab.  So, we have had more than several weeks to get our ducks in a row, yet we are getting skull dragged by other schools. 

https://www.on3.com/teams/auburn-tigers/news/auburn-live-call-in-show-airs-sunday-night-7/ Go to the 55 minute mark.  This is scary stuff about Sexton.  

• Like 1

1 minute ago, alexava said:

I agree. There’s no good choice that is interested. Cadillac is the only one that could be bad for him. Or the only one I care about. But I will support him 100% if he’s hired. 

I'll support my Tigers, but I'll raise the roof about John Cohen every single day until he is fired.

1 hour ago, Taker said:

If we are going off of track record then we are sadly miss-informed. 

Something that we have never had at Auburn is taking place right now. 

Leath isn't the prez any longer, we have Robert's who has hired a proven (I know people will have negatives) AD with a history (atleast 1) big hires

In Cohens intro presser he detailed that he wasn't going to be rushed, hasty, or lax about this hire. All the information that most here have is what is being spewed which has proven to be nothing more than message board fodder... 

Therefore I choose to believe that Cohen isn't a liar or a moron and isn't going to be "strong armed " into a rash decision. 

But without the help of Sexton connecting him to good clients, he is going to have to do it on his own.  Sexton will only allow Freeze to work for Auburn.  See the Video.

37 minutes ago, Taker said:

The problem is that Hoke et al. are all saying we had all our eggs in Kiffin's basket. And if it was him that turned us down, what are the chances of getting someone better? I want to believe that him and Sexton were making ridiculous demands but it's not sounding like that was the case anymore.

I might just revert back to wanting Dell. lol

Edited by AUwent

1 hour ago, yngwie1995 said:

If we hire Brian Johnson, the whole SEC will be Thunderstruck.

And the AU fan base will scream “Hells Bells!”

2 minutes ago, Auburn93 said:

But without the help of Sexton connecting him to good clients, he is going to have to do it on his own.  Sexton will only allow Freeze to work for Auburn.  See the Video.

Screenshot_20221105_234442.jpg

4 minutes ago, AUwent said:

The problem is that Hoke et al. are all saying we had all our eggs in Kiffin's basket. And if it was him that turned us down, what are the chances of getting someone better? I want to believe that him and Sexton were making ridiculous demands but it's not sounding like that was the case anymore.

I might just revert back to wanting Dell. lol

Lol o agree, I remember when. BILL Clark turned us down too... 

• Haha 1

9 minutes ago, Auburn93 said:

https://www.on3.com/teams/auburn-tigers/news/auburn-live-call-in-show-airs-sunday-night-7/Go to the 55 minute mark.  This is scary stuff about Sexton.  

Yeah.... bout Scott from Virginia.... he is actually shane from Oxford... he had been doing this for a while... 

Just now, Taker said:

Yeah.... bout Scott from Virginia.... he is actually shane from Oxford... he had been doing this for a while... 

Is he trustworthy?