This is getting old...

VegasEagle

21 minutes ago, Auburn93 said:

https://www.on3.com/teams/auburn-tigers/news/auburn-live-call-in-show-airs-sunday-night-7/ Go to the 55 minute mark.  This is scary stuff about Sexton.  

Sexton is very good at his job.  And, he has A LOT of the college coaches as clients.  They are totally right about going after Lanning, now!  

3 minutes ago, AUwent said:

Is he trustworthy?

About as trustworthy as anyone else with internet and an opinion... 

Spitting out an idea from inside ones own brain as if it is factual... 

2 hours ago, shabby said:

James Franklin wouldn't come

Dabo wouldn't come

Brian Johnson would be an embarsssment

And none of this matters cause anytime someone thinks they know something that don't know crap. (Speaking of 247 sports not your posting)

Brian Johnson isn’t an embarrassment. 

• Like 2

Guest MustardSeed
21 minutes ago, AUwent said:

The problem is that Hoke et al. are all saying we had all our eggs in Kiffin's basket. And if it was him that turned us down, what are the chances of getting someone better

They’re all liars and have been for a LOOOOOONG time. They need eyeballs to get paid and will do anything to get them. I’ve never seen a sports reporter with integrity

I look at it like this . Cohen and whoever is involved in the hiring process are getting paid to do a job. Sometimes the decision aren’t always popular amongst some people. Whoever answers his 58 questionnaire to his lookin should be hired and let’s get this show on the road. At that time those that oppose have a decision to make. Either u going to support the team or not.

When Harsin was hired I was highly opposed to it and took a lot of heat. However, I still supported the team and will admit he did some decent things even as bad as he was. 

Guest MustardSeed
2 minutes ago, autigeremt said:

Brian Johnson isn’t an embarrassment. 

From what I’m seeing he’d be a pretty darn good hire

1 minute ago, MustardSeed said:

From what I’m seeing he’d be a pretty darn good hire

Hell yes he would. Is he Dabo 2022? No. But he may end up being someone else’s Dabo soon. 

Guest MustardSeed

Rumor I just heard is that we actually hired Cohen to get Leach on board. It’s true (that I heard that). 

(ps..I may have started that rumor but it’s just as accurate as anything any beat reporter has said this entire process so maybe?)

Except for a very small group, most of whom we assume won’t leave their current job, there just are not any sure things.  Feels like some are more worried about winning the press conference than seeing who can win football games. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, shabby said:

Brian Johnson would be an embarsssment

I'd be very happy with Brian Johnson. He's been around the SEC and paid his dues as an assistant coach at various levels.

We don't need a coach with a big name and bigger ego. We need a young, energetic coach with the smarts and a plan for his and Auburn's future.

• Like 4

3 hours ago, Gowebb11 said:

He’s been a QB coach and or OC for several years at Utah, MSU, and UF in the P5 and 1 year at Houston, plus his NFL gig. I’m curious why you think he falls short in P5 experience but Deion is okay with 3 years total at an FCS program. 

My fear is that the portal and recruiting will be a disaster, not because he is a bad coach, but because no one knows him and would rather go to one of our rivals.  At least Deion would bring in a ton of recruits and transfers.  We don't know what we are getting with BJ.  Might be good, might be bad......no one knows.  Everybody would forget about this fiasco if we hired Deion.  Just saying.

20 minutes ago, Mikey said:

I'd be very happy with Brian Johnson. He's been around the SEC and paid his dues as an assistant coach at various levels.

I agree with this. That being said, we will hire Freeze. 

• Dislike 1

9 minutes ago, roe4christ said:

At least Deion would bring in a ton of recruits and transfers.

This is a hope, not a fact. When Sanders has to bump heads with the big boys for 25+ recruits he won't find the sailing to be so smooth.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

13 minutes ago, Mikey said:

This is a hope, not a fact. When Sanders has to bump heads with the big boys for 25+ recruits he won't find the sailing to be so smooth.

Yeah he would no longer have his rallying cry " Don't do it for me but do it for HBCU". Sanders is still a good coach and a very good salesman and would get his share of top recruits, but there is no guarantee AU would rise to the top as quickly as we all want. He needs experience and at 55 he may be a little late getting into "prime time" coaching. I would support him or whoever is hired. I just wish the majority of our fan base wasn't so negative about almost everyone except their favorites.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

2 hours ago, Taker said:

About as trustworthy as anyone else with internet and an opinion... 

Spitting out an idea from inside ones own brain as if it is factual... 

Wait .. are you saying everything on the internet isn't true?  🤓

5 hours ago, VegasEagle said:

Harsin was fired over four weeks ago. To add to that fact, it was not a surprise that he was getting fired and this year was a big portal grab.  So, we have had more than several weeks to get our ducks in a row, yet we are getting skull dragged by other schools. 

Perfectly put.

I disagree. It has been old. We read and hear stories of how there is finally alignment from every person that covers Auburn and yet here we are. The same old story. So expect Auburn to fumble around until the portal players are picked through, then a lack luster name will be hired. Probably a coordinator, position coach,  or a coach from some forsaken conference. Ill prepared to succeed even if given the resources. This lack luster coach will not be able to gain enough traction to succeed in recruiting their first cycle. Then Auburn will fall flat on it's face next season. The hire will be viewed as a failure and opposing staffs will prop up that theory to leverage recruits. Wash, rinse, repeat. 

• Like 2
  • Facepalm 1
  • Sad 1

3 hours ago, Chaotic_zx said:

I disagree. It has been old. We read and hear stories of how there is finally alignment from every person that covers Auburn and yet here we are. The same old story. So expect Auburn to fumble around until the portal players are picked through, then a lack luster name will be hired. Probably a coordinator, position coach,  or a coach from some forsaken conference. Ill prepared to succeed even if given the resources. This lack luster coach will not be able to gain enough traction to succeed in recruiting their first cycle. Then Auburn will fall flat on it's face next season. The hire will be viewed as a failure and opposing staffs will prop up that theory to leverage recruits. Wash, rinse, repeat. 

Oh, it probably will be the height of idiocy like Freeze. A significant portion of the fanbase won't just be disgruntled, they'll pull funding over that one. There will be zero excitement, we'll be back to playing Gus-esque football, we'll drag it out long enough to completely flub the portal and the drums will start beating again when our Vanderbilt roster lays another egg next year. 

It's a bad situation. Auburn needs the money to compete at a high level but the money is also Auburn's worst enemy. 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Mikey said:

Bingo. Bama, UGA, LSU, OSU, etc aren’t closing shop and running scared because of Deion. 

7 hours ago, lovemytigerz said:

Wait .. are you saying everything on the internet isn't true?  🤓

I would never be that blasphemous sir!!!

🤣

• Haha 1