the latest from brandon marshmellow on reddit

aubiefifty

Brandon Marcelo reporting Hugh Freeze is still likely to be hired.

renderTimingPixel.png

Marcelo posted that Hugh is still the favorite and Auburn is just slowly doing more background checks about an hour ago on 247.

i have no clue if this is pay stuff or not since it was posted openly on reddit i feel it is fair game. mods if i am wrong please let me know..................

• Haha 1
  • Facepalm 2

3 minutes ago, gr82b4au said:

Yep. 

i think this is true because freeze informed liberty he was talking to auburn. i think i posted the article which was short.

2 minutes ago, aubiefifty said:

i think this is true because freeze informed liberty he was talking to auburn. i think i posted the article which was short.

He did say that to the liberty folks.  It was Freeze trying to direct the narrative.  We have nothing but speculation on him being the #1 target for our coaching job.

• Like 2

I sorta feel like I felt in the waiting room when my grandchildren were taking way too long to be born.

Sorta.

• Like 1
  • Love 1

1 minute ago, I_M4_AU said:

He did say that to the liberty folks.  It was Freeze trying to direct the narrative.  We have nothing but speculation on him being the #1 target for our coaching job.

i read where auburn fans are panicking and they are looking at him reluctantly because so many want him. this you can take with a grain of salt as well. but this has been one crazy search.

Just now, aubiefifty said:

i read where auburn fans are panicking and they are looking at him reluctantly because so many want him. this you can take with a grain of salt as well. but this has been one crazy search.

It would not be a unifying hire to say the least.

• Like 1

If we hire Freeze, we'll have to put parental lock controls on his phone and computer to stop him from doing naughty things on the job. he'll need to be forbidden from being alone in a room with any women on campus, and he'll have to have all his tweets and social media messages controlled and monitored by the school. 

some will laugh. some will cry. some will cringe. did we do freeze any favors when it comes to head coaches stepping out on their wives? i mean we had a coach that did and got away with it even tho their were hotel receipts. i certainly hope freeze is thinking......hey just maybe.................grins

Fwiw and as we now know from the pre-Harsin search, "front runner" is some reporter's notion of who they think might be a favorite at a given moment but they really have no idea and an AU offer may not have even been made or seriously considered. 

• Like 4

Hard to get my head around this. So we’re literally going to hire the least pursued coach in all of college football and totally dysfunction the fanbase? For an 8-4 coach that just got completely blown out. This will be ridiculed forever.  Truly amazing.

• Like 2
  • Love 1

3 minutes ago, auburnatl1 said:

Hard to get my head around this. So we’re literally going to hire the least pursued coach in all of college football and totally dysfunction the fanbase? For an 8-4 coach that just got completely blown out. This will be ridiculed forever.  Truly amazing.

You should forward your concerns to The Yella Fella..  Won't do any good to forward them to Cohen

Edited by NWALA Tiger

Just now, auburnatl1 said:

i agree with you but fans are changing and i think most of them think all coaches have baggage and they just want to win period and could care less how it looks to bad behavior. i personally want them to pay what it takes to get the beamer kid or just give it to caddy and give him the best assistants money can buy.

You have GOT to be kidding me! My God these people never learn. If you are going to “compromise morals” and prepare for the backlash then offer Urban Meyer 15 million/year. Freeze is a joke. He’ll be Gus 2.0. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

11 minutes ago, Hank2020 said:

BM knows nothing more than anyone else on this.

Should change the thread title to The Daily BM!

***Note: not intended to flame the original poster. 

Edited by gctiger
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

12 minutes ago, Hank2020 said:

BM knows nothing more than anyone else on this.

for a person that likes facts you are just stating an opinion hank. i would love to see a link.

21 minutes ago, aucanucktiger said:

Fwiw and as we now know from the pre-Harsin search, "front runner" is some reporter's notion of who they think might be a favorite at a given moment but they really have no idea and an AU offer may not have even been made or seriously considered. 

Our media is absolutely garbage, and that includes the sports media.  There seems to be no actual journalism, just propaganda and political biases to sell consumers of their drivel what they want to be true.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, aubiefifty said:
5 minutes ago, aubiefifty said:

for a person that likes facts you are just stating an opinion hank. i would love to see a link.

Your correct, just my opinion.